Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Agreed. I don't think that Kidd is a long term answer for RB/RWB and I think McKinnon knows that too.

I think Mackinnon knows that there are more than enough players in the squad already needing upgraded without replacing Kidd as well. He won't be going anywhere IMO.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I think Mackinnon knows that there are more than enough players in the squad already needing upgraded without replacing Kidd as well. He won't be going anywhere IMO.

There's a chance that he'll want to keep him but only as back-up IMO. The fact that he can play midfield as well will be in his favour.

I am quite intrigued as to where we will find all these wonderful replacements in the January Transfer Window. Most players of the required standard will be signed up till summer. Partick and Dundee will also be on the hunt so the task will be hard. For that reason we need to get the best out of Kidd McKee and perhaps Dallison.

I am quite intrigued as to where we will find all these wonderful replacements in the January Transfer Window. Most players of the required standard will be signed up till summer. Partick and Dundee will also be on the hunt so the task will be hard. For that reason we need to get the best out of Kidd McKee and perhaps Dallison.

Here is a list of players who I have felt made a reasonable or better contribution for the club, that signed for us in January. There has been more signings, some not worth mentioning due to how bad they’ve been, and this is only a list since we were relegated back in 2010, from latest to oldest:

Tommy Robson
Andy Nelson
Alex Jakubiak
Louis Longridge (permanently)
Reghan Tumilty
Conor McGrandles (loan)
Myles Hippolyte
Nathan Austin
John Baird
Mark Kerr
Aaron Muirhead
Mark Millar (loan)
Mark Beck (loan)
Will Vaulks

So whilst there is no guarantee we will get anybody of any note, it has been proven if you get it right, you can recruit well in January.

I remain sure that in January, he will recruit three or four at the most. The name of the game is ninth place.....nothing more and nothing less is the absolute priority. Finishing 8th is “won a watch” territory, and I am sure McKinnon has enough belief in himself that he can put together a team that will see off League One opposition if needs be.

For now though, it’s purely about avoiding 10th place. He might well be happy to run with the defence he has, as they clearly aren’t getting the kind of slaughtering we witnessed against Queens.

Certainly two midfielders and one or two front men might be the order of the day. Lewis for me will sink without a trace. Dallison knows only desperate circumstances will see him anywhere near a defensive starting berth, so maybe he needs to think long and hard about making himself some kind fish out of water up front. If he wants game time, that’s currently his best shot.

As we all know, we are not getting beat because of the goals we concede. It’s the goals we aren’t scoring that is now the issue.

Considering the dreadful goals we were losing early In the season I'm very pleased that the last 3 goals (Ross C, Ayr and Partick) to fly into our net have been long range strikes.

Seems the defence have figured out how to mark men and track runners.

Now they just need to stop believing the GK will save those daisy cutters.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I remain sure that in January, he will recruit three or four at the most. The name of the game is ninth place.....nothing more and nothing less is the absolute priority. Finishing 8th is “won a watch” territory

Given the position us, Partick and Alloa are in right now, unless we have a truly awful December I will be raging with McKinnon if his January signings fail to finish above those pair from an almost even keel start.

I remain sure that in January, he will recruit three or four at the most. The name of the game is ninth place.....nothing more and nothing less is the absolute priority. Finishing 8th is “won a watch” territory, and I am sure McKinnon has enough belief in himself that he can put together a team that will see off League One opposition if needs be.
For now though, it’s purely about avoiding 10th place. He might well be happy to run with the defence he has, as they clearly aren’t getting the kind of slaughtering we witnessed against Queens.
Certainly two midfielders and one or two front men might be the order of the day. Lewis for me will sink without a trace. Dallison knows only desperate circumstances will see him anywhere near a defensive starting berth, so maybe he needs to think long and hard about making himself some kind fish out of water up front. If he wants game time, that’s currently his best shot.
As we all know, we are not getting beat because of the goals we concede. It’s the goals we aren’t scoring that is now the issue.

He said at the forum he wants to play with a back 4. The current system is a sticking plaster to get to January before he can get re-enforcements in. A mobile dominant left sided CH that can play in a 4 will be on the shopping list IMO. Not 100% sure Brough is up to that role either.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He said at the forum he wants to bring in 9 better quality players. He's not going to say that unless he's confident about securing that number. No way will we only be making 3 signings in January.

He'll be utilising the loan market. January isn't an easy window to sign players, however, there are plenty guys out there of quality who won't be getting a game and want to go out on loan for first team football. It's these guys who will make the biggest difference to us. A lot like Jakubiak and Nelson last January

16 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

He said at the forum he wants to bring in 9 better quality players. He's not going to say that unless he's confident about securing that number. No way will we only be making 3 signings in January.

Agreed. If we only bring in 3, I think we'll finish bottom...

We're still the worst side in this league currently. Thats the starting point. We need to not be starting shit like Sammut and Lewis ever. 

Whilst we are in need of a short term fix we also cannot take our eye off the longer term like Hartley did or we'll be back in the same situation of looking at 16 new players again come the Summer. Some of these guys that come in must be good enough and available to make up the basis of next years team. 

Nelson played his first game since his injury yesterday for Sunderland U23s possibly a good chance of him coming back to gain match fitness but not sure if 2 inexperienced strikers up front would work mind you we done it with Yak and Nelson so its an option. Unless Haber and Lewis suddenly start banging them in i do think Lewis offers something, just Fasan needs to learn to stop punting the ball to a short arse CF when the guy that is man marking him is better in the air and is winning every header (you would have thought he would have twigged the second time it happened on Saturday).

37 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Nelson played his first game since his injury yesterday for Sunderland U23s possibly a good chance of him coming back to gain match fitness but not sure if 2 inexperienced strikers up front would work mind you we done it with Yak and Nelson so its an option. Unless Haber and Lewis suddenly start banging them in i do think Lewis offers something, just Fasan needs to learn to stop punting the ball to a short arse CF when the guy that is man marking him is better in the air and is winning every header (you would have thought he would have twigged the second time it happened on Saturday).

Its an achievement for Fasan to keep the ball in play from his kick outs.

42 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Fasan needs replacing IMO

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He said at the forum he wants to play with a back 4. The current system is a sticking plaster to get to January before he can get re-enforcements in. A mobile dominant left sided CH that can play in a 4 will be on the shopping list IMO. Not 100% sure Brough is up to that role either.

McGhee? 

Archived