Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t I said we should abandon the idea of going down south and picking up two or three but with nucleas already in place. In hindsight, keeping Taiwo, Longridge and maybe even Welsh and add two or three down south and a few from here would’ve made for a better balance. Still don’t think Kidd should’ve been kept though.

I strongly think that none of those players wanted to play with Hartley. Who would he was a horrible boss

Partick reminded me of the Elvis side in our first season in this division. Kept a lot of the ball but done absolutely f**k all with it. The amount of times they played numerous passes around the middle, to pass it to the left back, who would play a big switch ball to Storey was mind numbing :lol: 

We didn't really do much either tbf.

Partick reminded me of the Elvis side in our first season in this division. Kept a lot of the ball but done absolutely f**k all with it. The amount of times they played numerous passes around the middle, to pass it to the left back, who would play a big switch ball to Storey was mind numbing :lol: 
We didn't really do much either tbf.

The difference is our gaffer acknowledges that we are shite whilst Caldwell is ripping the pish from the Thistle fans with his “outstanding “gibberish.
I really hope (but doubt) that is his genuine opinion.

21 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Kidd is the least of our worries- been excellent at wingback 

Excellent is going a bit far. He is competent and gives his all but his lack of pace is a worry and he was shown up for that a couple of time son Saturday.

23 hours ago, Reid said:

Is this the first time Falkirk have ever played a game without a few key players?

Normally we have a team that can cope with three of your best players out but when you are as bad as us and only have a handful of players that should be playing at this level then its difficult to cope without 3 of them.

34 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Excellent is going a bit far. He is competent and gives his all but his lack of pace is a worry and he was shown up for that a couple of time son Saturday.

Agreed. I don't think that Kidd is a long term answer for RB/RWB and I think McKinnon knows that too.

Agreed. I don't think that Kidd is a long term answer for RB/RWB and I think McKinnon knows that too.

I've never been kidds biggest fan but he's okay in a back 5 where his lack of speed and aerial ability doesn't hurt us as much as it would in a back 4 as it has done in the past. I think Ray will go to a back 4 in January. in kidds defence I think he feels he is more suited to midfield and also in a back 5 I think he always looks to intelligently find a man rather than just an aimless hoof up the park. in summary he's been decent as a right back in a back 5 but not sure if he'd work well in a midfield or back 4 imo

Dallison needs to sit on his arse, arms outstretched with a look of exasperation on his face, and shake his head in disbelief. Get that done a couple of times in a game, and he is well on his way to being our own Giroud. He is a learning organisation, and I fully expect it to happen. Just wait til his first bullet header of a goal. There will be no holding him back.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Dallison needs to sit on his arse, arms outstretched with a look of exasperation on his face, and shake his head in disbelief. Get that done a couple of times in a game, and he is well on his way to being our own Giroud. He is a learning organisation, and I fully expect it to happen. Just wait til his first bullet header of a goal. There will be no holding him back.

Didn't he score a bullet header in a pre-season friendly?

56 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Didn't he score a bullet header in a pre-season friendly?

Nah, it was more a kind of back post .177 air pellet of a header.

Archived