Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

The whole smaller squad idea has bit us on the arse big time we dont have any sort of depth  and are right to the bare bones the thing is with what the 5 we released would they have made any difference to the team had they stayed in the first place.

I personally think the 5 we released had either a lack of fitness and not prepared to work to get to that level or simply not good enough which factors in bad influences within the squad.

The plus side is we have 5 spaces to fill, Russell and maybe 1 or 2 or more to go

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I personally think the 5 we released had either a lack of fitness and not prepared to work to get to that level or simply not good enough which factors in bad influences within the squad.

The plus side is we have 5 spaces to fill, Russell and maybe 1 or 2 or more to go

Froxy looked as if he had something about him but the same time was overweight and not fit enough, Turner and TOE same issue as Sammut not played enough mans football, Greenwood think someone had mentioned was his attitude Dallison i reckon might go although seen enough yesterday to say he could cause a defence more trouble than our own and could be moved position to a CF as a Haber but more mobile version.

Agreed. Shopping for players in England doesn't make sense. There is more money in English football than there has ever been therefore we can only afford the dregs. Getting some youngsters on loan from Championship/PL clubs is the best we can get from down south (altough Sammut would appear to contradict this).
We should simply be big enough to attract better Scottish-based players than the likes of Morton, QOS etc.

Nae bother Housty.

We would have been far more attack minded yesterday with Petravicious & Rudden on the pitch. The former makes runs & when on the ball is very direct towards goal. The latter holds the ball up well & has a decent finish about him.

Lewis, Haber & Dallison are none of the above. Delighted with a point considering.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Froxy looked as if he had something about him but the same time was overweight and not fit enough, Turner and TOE same issue as Sammut not played enough mans football, Greenwood think someone had mentioned was his attitude Dallison i reckon might go although seen enough yesterday to say he could cause a defence more trouble than our own and could be moved position to a CF as a Haber but more mobile version.

I don’t think a 20 min cameo from Dallison is enough to suggest he could convert to a striker. I really hope you are right but I also hope it’s something we don’t see much more of.

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell: "It was an outstanding performance away from home, a high pressure game, the bravery in possession, the control of the goal, the understanding of how we wanted to play, a fantastic performance. 

All hope is gone.

19 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Was anyone else that cold today that they've just thawed oot. 

The quicker someone invents a heated seat, or just go back to standing would do.  Apart from the above glad of a point. 

You must be auld, with thin blood! I didn't think it was too bad.

4 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Totally disagree, Players can fall through the cracks and you can get class acts like Vaulks,  Leahy and dare I say Tommy Robson. 

We just fucked up with scouting, the logic behind it was sound, we signed crap players. Shouldn’t we sign Premier League players because Haber is awful? 

I don’t I said we should abandon the idea of going down south and picking up two or three but with nucleas already in place. In hindsight, keeping Taiwo, Longridge and maybe even Welsh and add two or three down south and a few from here would’ve made for a better balance. Still don’t think Kidd should’ve been kept though.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell: "It was an outstanding performance away from home, a high pressure game, the bravery in possession, the control of the goal, the understanding of how we wanted to play, a fantastic performance. 

All hope is gone.

I was at the press conference and couldn`t quite believe how much he hyped it up. At one stage a reporter asked if he was disappointed at the defending for the goal Partick lost. He just scowled at the guy and repeated "We were outstanding".  

Happy with a point, I think 2nd half Robson was told to get wide and forward, meant we looked slightly more dangerous still very safety first though. You can see the improved organisation, keeping it tight at the back and making it much harder to score against us. Is a matter of staying close till january and hoping we can seriously improve with players coming in. 

51 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I don’t I said we should abandon the idea of going down south and picking up two or three but with nucleas already in place. In hindsight, keeping Taiwo, Longridge and maybe even Welsh and add two or three down south and a few from here would’ve made for a better balance. Still don’t think Kidd should’ve been kept though.

Kidd is the least of our worries- been excellent at wingback 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think a 20 min cameo from Dallison is enough to suggest he could convert to a striker. I really hope you are right but I also hope it’s something we don’t see much more of.

He done better in that 20 mins as an attacker than he has done as a central defender so far this season.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Happy with a point, I think 2nd half Robson was told to get wide and forward, meant we looked slightly more dangerous still very safety first though. You can see the improved organisation, keeping it tight at the back and making it much harder to score against us. Is a matter of staying close till january and hoping we can seriously improve with players coming in. 

i thought Robson defensively was very strong effectively nullifying Storey yesterday he is effectively making that position his own

21 minutes ago, spratte said:

i thought Robson defensively was very strong effectively nullifying Storey yesterday he is effectively making that position his own

Not sure he really needed nullified. Even opposition fans have cracked onto just how garbage he is. We paid money for him as well.

Archived