Stenny v Rovers

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stringing a few wins together and not losing soft, stupid goals:blink: Good to know that we don't have to depend on Nisbet for scoring, great that Crane and Armstrong can put the ball in the back of the net too.  Hopefully this will give the lads confidence for our away trip next week in the cup.

We were murder in the second half and a bit of an individual brilliance from Armstrong made the score flatter us. We've got two decent wingers, but our second half play just saw Thomson and our defence hoof it up the park. We got lucky today as Stenhousemuir could've had a couple of goals with our defence leaving things for each other.

Still, it's a win, and a week closer to having a bench not made up of a selection of youths and Lewis Milne (who I thought was solid enough when he came on). Ideally we'll be able to tie down Armstrong, Flanagan and Crane past January.

On a side note, when was the last time we scored from a header at a corner? It's brutal knowing we're so poor at corners on the attack.

Pretty poor today but great to get a rare away win. 

Watson really struggled, everytime he goes in for a tackle he gets to the ball but it always seems to bounce off him and back to the opposition player. Nowhere near strong enough in the tackle to be a successful defender at this level. 

Thomson is awful at everything apart from shot stopping. He is far to hesitant and Bene and Davo clearly have no confidence in him either. Hopefully the other keeper gets a chance next week. 

Armstrong looks like he will be a terrific signing for us. Best player on the park today by a long way which is all the more impressive considering he has hardly played or even trained much with the club. 

We weren't that good but weren't really in much danger from a poor Stenhousmuir side. 

Watson struggled big time which is a shame, and Benedictus and Davidson were going mental at Thomson most of the game.  Still we deserved the win over all. 

I thought we might have been worth a point after our second-half performance but fair play to Daniel Armstrong, it was some goal to put the game to bed.

Alan Reid must be the slowest Stenhousemuir player I've ever seen, and I remember Graeme "Carwash" Connell's short spell at the club.

Archived