Are you a weirdo?

BFTD

14 minutes ago, JamieT1314 said:

Another lover of maps here. Once spent an afternoon on google maps traversing the canal network of great britian. Pretty sure got from london to glasgow, spotted a few nice boozers on the way.
There is a pub on the cowal peninsula that has the toilet covered in maps, great idea.

I go for virtual walks, usually around football grounds, checking routes to pubs and train stations etc.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the map appreciation society, are you aware of the National Library of Scotland's historical map overlay?
Basically you search for a point of interest and it brings up a present day map but there's a wee slider that will allow you to fade to historical maps that are georeferenced. It's fascinating - beware you can spend ours doing so (us map freaks can at least). You have been warned!

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=20&lat=55.9791&lon=-3.7196&layers=168&b=1

On 11/29/2018 at 10:31, sugna said:

I may be able to help, here. I note that those are all (not only multiples of 3 but also) powers of 3. Maybe you have an exponential weirdness rather than a multiplicative one. However, while that may be bad news for large exponents - as your weirdness is "not in NP" - you can take advantage of the fact that 30 is 1, and just touch things once. Problem solved!

Like everyone on P&B, I have plenty weirdnesses of my own; like a minority on here, I am aware of quite a few of them. The "internal" one that I've pretty much always done, and doesn't mark me out as weird to observers, is reducing any 3-digit or 4-digit number I see to its prime factors. Car registrations - not so much nowadays - 24-hour clock times, row counts in data sets retrieved by DB queries, the last 4 digits of phone numbers written in the old "house phone" format... I even choose my PINs to be primes so that I won't start doing it at the cash dispenser.

(If anyone would like to verify that my PINs are primes, PM me for details.)

Ramanujan thread for this pish.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nothing wrong with the Beckham pictures. I expect those who are 'outraged' are the same kind of weirdos who see something sexual with it, which is the disturbing thing.

Others disagree - all about opinions.  

49 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

For the map appreciation society, are you aware of the National Library of Scotland's historical map overlay?
Basically you search for a point of interest and it brings up a present day map but there's a wee slider that will allow you to fade to historical maps that are georeferenced. It's fascinating - beware you can spend ours doing so (us map freaks can at least). You have been warned!

National productivity will nosedive next week.

55 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Thanks. Thanks a fucking lot.

I worked with a guy from Cambridge that enjoyed watching his wife get demolished by well hung black guys. 

Being told the in depth details on a journey from Leeds to Manchester wasn't pleasant and his gargoyle like features made my image of his wife even less flattering. I gave serious consideration to exiting the car at 70mph on the M62.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

I worked with a guy from Cambridge that enjoyed watching his wife get demolished by well hung black guys. 

Being told the in depth details on a journey from Leeds to Manchester wasn't pleasant and his gargoyle like features made my image of his wife even less flattering. I gave serious consideration to exiting the car at 70mph on the M62.

@DHOTYA

I’ve already allocated a day of the 18 days off I have coming up later this month to this. May need more....

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I go for virtual walks, usually around football grounds, checking routes to pubs and train stations etc.

I can't wait until the day you can have the full matchday experience in virtual reality so you don't have to leave the comfort of your house to experience abject disappointment. 

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I can't wait until the day you can have the full matchday experience in virtual reality so you don't have to leave the comfort of your house to experience abject disappointment. 

I don't do it a home, do you think I'm mental?

I do it at work!

When at home, I always rinse my cutlery prior to eating with it even if it's sparkly clean. I get a nervous disposition when I'm at someone else's house and they give me a glass and I can see dust particles in it. 

Food related also, my friends think I'm weird because whenever I've ate something greasy with my hands that I immediately go wash my hands afterwards instead of just wiping the grease on a napkin. 

Beastly behavior touching your phone after a greasy burger. 

19 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

When at home, I always rinse my cutlery prior to eating with it even if it's sparkly clean. I get a nervous disposition when I'm at someone else's house and they give me a glass and I can see dust particles in it. 

Food related also, my friends think I'm weird because whenever I've ate something greasy with my hands that I immediately go wash my hands afterwards instead of just wiping the grease on a napkin. 

Beastly behavior touching your phone after a greasy burger. 

Euphemism?

2 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

One thing I can't do is set my alarm clock to a regular time like 0700, 0645 etc. It has to be set at 0703, 0827 etc. Guess in a weird insignificant way I'm rebelling to the rest of my life which is pretty regimented...

Those are regular times.

2 hours ago, Black Dug said:

One thing I can't do is set my alarm clock to a regular time like 0700, 0645 etc. It has to be set at 0703, 0827 etc. Guess in a weird insignificant way I'm rebelling to the rest of my life which is pretty regimented...

If you set your alarm for e.g. 06:27 or 06:57 you can turn on your TV and catch some tidy Scottish newsreaders on BBC1, according to a friend.

Archived