The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

56 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It can't help Ferrari that so much of F1 is based within a small area of England. I think only them , Alfa Romeo and Alpha Tauri aren't based in England?

Haas still rely heavily on the USA facilities but yes only those teams and It hampers there recruitment trying to get people to relocate families to Maranello but there facilities they have are 2nd to none 

I've been playing the F1 game on the PS5 and been enjoying it, I play near enough the easiest settings so I can actually compete, managed to win with McLaren and then then half way through the next season with me on top of the leaderboard up came the contract renegotiations, I don't fully get how that part works and after asking for too much money I've now been dumped and picked up by Haas. 

Devastated.

On Ferrari, I started watching in the 90s when they were mince. They won a constructors championship in 1983, and not again until 1999. 16 years. And that was a huge deal at the time. 

We are approaching that milestone again, they last won in 2008.15 years ago. 

The difference is that in the run up to 1999, they were improving and challenging for the titles. They aren't anywhere near the front today. The flaws run right through the team, from leadership and strategy to hiring Carlos Sainz, always one to bin the car into a wall. 

Still, that record is favourable compared to the other "vintage" teams, McLaren and Williams. 

On 27/07/2023 at 00:55, scottsdad said:

On Ferrari, I started watching in the 90s when they were mince. They won a constructors championship in 1983, and not again until 1999. 16 years. And that was a huge deal at the time. 

We are approaching that milestone again, they last won in 2008.15 years ago. 

The difference is that in the run up to 1999, they were improving and challenging for the titles. They aren't anywhere near the front today. The flaws run right through the team, from leadership and strategy to hiring Carlos Sainz, always one to bin the car into a wall. 

Still, that record is favourable compared to the other "vintage" teams, McLaren and Williams. 

think Sainz gets a pretty raw deal from Ferrari. It's clear they see Leclrec as their #1 driver but he's still sitting behind Sainz in the championship

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

think Sainz gets a pretty raw deal from Ferrari. It's clear they see Leclrec as their #1 driver but he's still sitting behind Sainz in the championship

To be honest, I don't think all that much of Leclerc either. Capable of winning the odd race but I don't think he'll ever be a champion, unless he lucks his way into a dominant car one year like Jenson Button did. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

To be honest, I don't think all that much of Leclerc either. Capable of winning the odd race but I don't think he'll ever be a champion, unless he lucks his way into a dominant car one year like Jenson Button did. 

I think if you took him out of the dysfunctional team, and put him in one of the more 'shit together' pair of Merc and Red Bull, then I think he'd regularly embarrass both the Merc drivers, and hold his own with Max on pace but still lose most of the time on racecraft, and the fact that he's now cursed for the remainder of his career having sat in a Ferrari.

He's just not the guy who has the personality type to drag Ferrari into shape.

Edited by Boo Khaki

54 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

He’s got Norris and Russell right behind him I think so hopefully they take him out and LeClerc cruises to victory. 

I'm also hoping the notoriously stray merc will torpedo him into turn one.

I think LeClerc crusing to a win only to have an engine failure ten laps out would be equally as amusing though.

On 26/07/2023 at 17:24, RuMoore said:

I've been playing the F1 game on the PS5 and been enjoying it, I play near enough the easiest settings so I can actually compete, managed to win with McLaren and then then half way through the next season with me on top of the leaderboard up came the contract renegotiations, I don't fully get how that part works and after asking for too much money I've now been dumped and picked up by Haas. 

Devastated.

Reads like you need to find a mod that has your dad as team owner.

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Poor Otmar. 

Left AM because Lawrence Stroll is a bell end. Finds out his new bosses are bell ends too.