Smokies v Rovers

Cruised it in the second half. Don't think Arbroath could've had any complaints if it had been three or four. In the end, it was a disciplined performance in spite of Arbroath players putting in some really heavy tackles. It was good to see us with a near full strength Rovers team for one of the first times this season.

Davo and Bene were brilliant at the back, Gillespie had the better of Linn and Kader. Going forward, there was always some threat for us. Really pleasing stuff.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith deserved their win taking the chances presented but we had plenty ourselves. Ref was massively inconsistent. Swankie gets a foul given against him for a massive lunge from the Raith player. Wins the ball a gets booked. Avoids a lunge and gets booked and sent off. Armstrong diving all over the pitch and nothing.

We should have scored a few. Free header for Hammy. Great chance for McKenna first half and Smith second half plus a few for Doris. Still the run was always going to end at some point. Refocus and get stuck into an on form Montrose next week.

Well done to the rovers today.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Cruised it in the second half. Don't think Arbroath could've had any complaints if it had been three or four. In the end, it was a disciplined performance in spite of Arbroath players putting in some really heavy tackles. It was good to see us with a near full strength Rovers team for one of the first times this season.

Davo and Bene were brilliant at the back, Gillespie had the better of Linn and Kader. Going forward, there was always some threat for us. Really pleasing stuff.

Good point about the defence. Who’d have thought at half time last week we’d go to Arbroath and keep a clean sheet? 

Really enjoyed that today. The seethe amongst the Arbroath fans who were sat around me was smashing. Grown men in elf hats screaming cheat. Absolutely magic.

I thought Kyle Benedictus was immense, and the best I’ve seen him in some time. Absolutely nothing was getting past him.

I was unusually confident about that today, and I’ve no idea why, considering our away record and the fact Arbroath haven’t lost at home since February or something, but we were better than them going forward and looked sturdier than them at the back.

Armstrong’s free kick was stupendous, but there’s no way we’re keeping him beyond January.

I’m not getting my hopes up, but with a bit of luck that sows a few seeds of doubt into the Arbroath squad.

How the f**k can raith fans go on about the amount of bookings we’ve had when both your goals the player went into the crowd and didn’t get booked, also on 2 occasions yous blatantly kicked the ball away and didn’t get booked, the level of inconsistency from the referee was incredible

Well done to Raith for the win, good free kick. Personally thought the ref ruined what could’ve been a good spectacle. Very important we regroup and make sure we react positively next week to get back to it. 

Raith surely a stick on for the playoffs now. 

Well done to the ref for ruining a good spectacle

Also well done to raith who deserved to win and gathering good momentum for the playoffs
How the f**k can raith fans go on about the amount of bookings we’ve had when both your goals the player went into the crowd and didn’t get booked, also on 2 occasions yous blatantly kicked the ball away and didn’t get booked, the level of inconsistency from the referee was incredible
. your-tears-are-delicious-360x500_1_.jpg

You weren’t wearing an elf hat by any chance?

4 minutes ago, Gayf78 said:

_20181222_170156.JPG

Archived