Smokies v Rovers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Can't believe this.

Well they did beat us on the number of fouls (18-8)and the number of "cards", and sending s off. 

We had more possession, more shots, positive things like, however, don't let the truth get in the way of his dreams!!

I think that result just proves what we all know. Our best XI is better than Arbroath’s. Unfortunately, I think they have more depth and a better ability for grinding out results when not playing well.

Great win, keeps the season alive for another week but Arbroath will still win the league.

All about how Arbroath react. They could have won the league today. Now instead of a 16 point lead they’ve only got 10. Montrose have been the most impressive team I’ve seen this season, might be only a 7 point league by the end of the year... eek!

Get the squad fit and one or two new faces in Jan gives us a wee chance of catching them. 

10 points and still to play them twice, achievable if we can get the defence sorted.

Interesting to see if Arbroath start to show cracks now the unbeaten record is gone, if we get on a wee winning run then the pressure will be right on them.

Lose today and it’s fair to say title was out the question so well done to our guys for getting the job done, same application in the less ‘glamorous’ fixtures wouldn’t go amiss!

Archived