Smokies v Rovers

8 hours ago, grumswall said:

What exactly is your problem with mcglynn Frank? No, I'm working unfortunately. I wouldn't back us away from home against a team who haven't lost in the league, not when we are brutal away from starks.

I wouldn't back us away from home against a side who haven't won in the league, never mind one who haven't lost...

I'm another who would probably have gone if we had beaten Montrose. For me, a 10 point gap (if we win) is still too much to make up.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

There is absolutely no chance of us taken 700-800 fans on Saturday, more likely ~500 max. Would possibly have been that number had we not lost to Montrose & Forfar, I know from a personal point of view, I’m sick to f#ck going to Angus and not getting the win. The same fixture last season has been the only time I’ve seen us win, in Angus.
So I’ll be opting for getting the notifications from Twitter in Betty Nics.

Agreed. I think the away crowd will be gash. Our usual six are all giving it a miss. Title is gone. 

No, you will be segregated. As you should be , complete animals

Always a complete pain when a big team (like Montrose) seem to justify completely unnecessary segregation disrupting the natural age old migratory habits of the Lichtie faithful akin to wildebeest movement on the Serengeti but spoiling the enjoyment of away fans, especially those with seated stadia for whom the chance to get close to the action from anywhere must be deemed a privilege not a right. A definite lose-lose scenario with the exception of requiring the opening of two refreshment kiosks (never quite understand the enforced rationing and attendant queues by only opening one most games. Are they loss- makers?) 

Forget about whatever number Raith bring, when will the apathetic Arbroath population respond to the team’s magnificent run?

Arbroath vs Raith Rovers - Supporter Information

Would all supporters attending this Saturday’s League One match between Arbroath and Raith Rovers at Gayfield Park on Saturday 22nd December please note that supporter segregation will be in place.

A large crowd is expected with the Lichties looking to continue to their excellent start to the season with Raith Rovers traveling to Gayfield in buoyant mood after last week’s win over Dumbarton.

It is acknowledged that this decision does restrict the normal movement of supporters inside Gayfield however it is an absolute club priority to ensure that all Supporters can attend the match in a safe and friendly environment and enjoy the football on show.

Arbroath FC supporters will occupy the Harbour End of Gayfield, which will sweep round to the the TV Gantry whilst also gaining access to the Harbour side of the Main stand.

Raith Rovers supporters will be allocated to the the Pleasureland End (Switchie End) of Gayfield which sweeps round to the other side of the TV Gantry also being permitted to Sections A and B of the Main Stand.

We expect a large crowd to watch this weekend’s anticipated fixture.

Your co-operation of the segregation arrangements is greatly appreciated by both clubs.

Please arrive in plenty of time for the 3.00pm kick off.

Cash only turnstiles in operation.

Admission Prices; 
£15 - Adults
£8 - Concessions
£18 - Parent and Child

C’mon the Lichties!

Segregation.jpg

Always a complete pain when a big team (like Montrose) seem to justify completely unnecessary segregation disrupting the natural age old migratory habits of the Lichtie faithful akin to wildebeest movement on the Serengeti but spoiling the enjoyment of away fans, especially those with seated stadia for whom the chance to get close to the action from anywhere must be deemed a privilege not a right. A definite lose-lose scenario with the exception of requiring the opening of two refreshment kiosks (never quite understand the enforced rationing and attendant queues by only opening one most games. Are they loss- makers?)  

Forget about whatever number Raith bring, when will the apathetic Arbroath population respond to the team’s magnificent run?

Spot on again, as usual

ETA: the gate we had at home against Montrose around this time of year is what we should be hoping for, must've been 1500 home fans that day, this games as big as any I can remember

2 hours ago, Gayfield said:

Arbroath vs Raith Rovers - Supporter Information

Would all supporters attending this Saturday’s League One match between Arbroath and Raith Rovers at Gayfield Park on Saturday 22nd December please note that supporter segregation will be in place.

A large crowd is expected with the Lichties looking to continue to their excellent start to the season with Raith Rovers traveling to Gayfield in buoyant mood after last week’s win over Dumbarton.

Wouldn't call us buoyant to be fair, more of a heavy list to port and in danger of the bow breaking off....

Geezo, the depths we have fallen [emoji20]

Was a standard derby league game, that's a good home crowd for any part time team, sure the crowd was nearly 2000 in League 2. Possibly more than a Premiership game that day.

Crowd we took away to Forfar a few month after also made the crowd better than a Premiership game. Think it was Hamilton St Johnstone.

That was the bottom tier though, we've won and done well in that before. Never won League 1 or the third tier. No excuse for there not to be a good home crowd

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Looking forward to the day out. Nice trip on the train and Tutties is awesome. 

Can't see there being any more than 400 away fans at an absolute push. 

Yeah I do like the trip - our usual mob is heading up from Edinburgh for this. More in hope than expectation but I've got a family function in Angus on the Sunday anyway, so at least I can get pished on the Saturday.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Wouldn't call us buoyant to be fair, more of a heavy list to port and in danger of the bow breaking off....

I was about to post something similar.

Fair enough, I have missed our away defeats at Forfar and Montrose, and the cup horror shows at Cove and Ross County, but our defending in that first 45 minutes was frightening. If we carry on like that this Saturday it could get very embarrassing.

I was about to post something similar.
Fair enough, I have missed our away defeats at Forfar and Montrose, and the cup horror shows at Cove and Ross County, but our defending in that first 45 minutes was frightening. If we carry on like that this Saturday it could get very embarrassing.

Dumbarton was definitely as bad as we’ve defended. We actually played pretty well at Forfar before Reagan Hendry got injured, and while we were as poor as we’ve been since opening day at Montrose, we could’ve easily come away with a point or even a win. We missed a lot of chances.

I don’t think we’ll be able to break down Arbroath in the way we’ve managed against other sides. Absolutely vital we defend far better than we’ve shown for the majority of this season or we quite simply won’t get a result.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Dumbarton was definitely as bad as we’ve defended. We actually played pretty well at Forfar before Reagan Hendry got injured, and while we were as poor as we’ve been since opening day at Montrose, we could’ve easily come away with a point or even a win. We missed a lot of chances.

I don’t think we’ll be able to break down Arbroath in the way we’ve managed against other sides. Absolutely vital we defend far better than we’ve shown for the majority of this season or we quite simply won’t get a result.

One thing I do think is that assuming Vaughan isn't fit to start we might be better starting Duggan alongside Nisbet. Buchanan has been pretty good since McGlynn came in but as you say we aren't going to be getting lion's share of possession to let Buchanan do the link play so much and I'd expect us to have to go long a bit more, in which case Duggan's Weir like channel running and general physicality might be more useful in getting the ball to stick up top to bring Flanagan and Armstrong into the game.

21 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

The most ridiculous part of this post was where you claimed that 500 Raith fans stayed away last week because of the weather, but will be happy to attend Gayfield in the depths of winter.

Spoiler alert:It is going to be fucking freezing.

Don't think it's meant to be too bad. At worst showers and around 8 degrees. No high winds forecast. 

Reading some posts RRFC fans  on here are truly some of the most negative ever.  You truly believe that we cannot cut the gap? Why don't you have a bit fuckin faith?   For those that questioned the Raith away support...we took around 400 to Dumbarton...around 300 to Forfar and Montrose. Probably had around 500 at Stenny.  The home attendance on Saturday was easily 400 down on the usual....this could be because of Xmas shopping but I think the weather was the main factor. So yes, I think a minimum of 500 will head up there. We have f**k all to lose....everything is on them. It's all in their hands.  Fuckin believe....if you don't rip up your season tickets now and take up a new hobby for Saturday's.

Ever heard the expression "Football....it's a funny Old game"......lets  get behind them and in 20 games time we can pish oorselves laughing at how they threw it all away.

Archived