Smokies v Rovers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll take 7/800 up there and make a rackit...much the same as at Dumbarton. Think we made a din from start to finish..fair enough we only took around 400 there but with at least 500 staying away last week cause of the weather - no fitba for 2 weeks and given the importance of this game...easy 7/800. Probably out number that mob:lol:

Arbroath came to SP with 2 aims - kick Vaughn off the park and settle for a point.  Vaughn come on as a sub on Saturday - scores.  Next game up against the team that put him out of 1/4 of the season..... he will be desperate to score.  We beat them up there think Dec last year 2-1 when I was last up and it will be the same scoreline again wi Vaughny bagging the winner.

The chase starts Saturday - they've not had the injury nightmare we've had but it will happen. They've been beaten up there twice this season and we will make it 3 times.....feel it in my piss bag.

M'on the Rovers.

1 minute ago, Big lichtie said:

what a lot of shit we lost one of our best players for over a year.and to say we came to sp to kick you of the park you must of been sniffing the lino glue.

I only sniff that when i visit your sisters.  At least on Saturday you guys will get a decent attendance for once. Your treasurer will get a wee chubber at at attendance over 1 k. :thumsup2 

We'll take 7/800 up there and make a rackit...much the same as at Dumbarton. Think we made a din from start to finish..fair enough we only took around 400 there but with at least 500 staying away last week cause of the weather - no fitba for 2 weeks and given the importance of this game...easy 7/800. Probably out number that mob:lol:
Arbroath came to SP with 2 aims - kick Vaughn off the park and settle for a point.  Vaughn come on as a sub on Saturday - scores.  Next game up against the team that put him out of 1/4 of the season..... he will be desperate to score.  We beat them up there think Dec last year 2-1 when I was last up and it will be the same scoreline again wi Vaughny bagging the winner.
The chase starts Saturday - they've not had the injury nightmare we've had but it will happen. They've been beaten up there twice this season and we will make it 3 times.....feel it in my piss bag.

M'on the Rovers.

Came to settle for a point?? We don’t go into any game in this league looking for a point, we went to SP looking to win the game and very nearly did and if it wasn’t for a shit refereeing decision we would’ve.
And don’t think we came to kick Vaughn off the park, we just got tight and annoyed him. Just cos we were smart and needed to nullify Vaughn as he’s arguably your most dangerous player doesn’t mean we kicked him off the park. If you’s doubled up on linn on Saturday wouldn’t be saying you kicked him off the park because it would be a smart thing to do cos he’s out most dangerous player. Also considering Raith conceded more fouls than us the last game don’t know how you can accuse us of kicking Vaughn off the pitch.

51 minutes ago, CrapHouseRat said:

M'on the Rovers.

That's an absolute shocker of a post.

Ignoring the horrendous posts of the last couple of pages (mostly from Raith fans it must be said).....

After Saturday we’ll be half way through the season.
It’s possible that Arbroath will start to struggle with injuries or suspensions and if they do it wouldn’t be unrealistic to expect them to pick up a similar number of points in the second half of the season that we’ve picked up in the first half.

If they do that, we’d need to pick up more points in the second half than they’ve picked up in the first.

Does that seem possible?
Nah, me neither.

Hopefully we can take the three points on Saturday to try and keep the league interesting, if we lose then a 16 point gap at Christmas definitely means league over.

M'on the Rovers.

The most ridiculous part of this post was where you claimed that 500 Raith fans stayed away last week because of the weather, but will be happy to attend Gayfield in the depths of winter.

Spoiler alert:It is going to be fucking freezing.

There is absolutely no chance of us taken 700-800 fans on Saturday, more likely ~500 max. Would possibly have been that number had we not lost to Montrose & Forfar, I know from a personal point of view, I’m sick to f#ck going to Angus and not getting the win. The same fixture last season has been the only time I’ve seen us win, in Angus.
So I’ll be opting for getting the notifications from Twitter in Betty Nics.

What with Mcglynn in charge? Yes,we have.
What exactly is your problem with mcglynn Frank?
Is anyone on here heading up to this game?
I see we’re 13/5 for an away win. Worth backing?

No, I'm working unfortunately. I wouldn't back us away from home against a team who haven't lost in the league, not when we are brutal away from starks.

What do we need tho? Apart from defensive cover? Maybe a winger to play across from Bobby

Be surprised what you can attract, when there is the possibility of a medal

Archived