Christmas parties

Had ours two weeks ago. I got pretty hammered and I remember sitting in the pub thinking "I should really go home now" which to my credit, I did.  Any credit I had earned from that decision was quickly diminished as the next thing I remember seeing was a lovely Scotrail worker saying "you need to get off mate". Yip, not only had I fallen asleep on the train, I'd fallen asleep on the wrong train and I was now at Edinburgh Waverley, utterly magoofed and entirely confused.  Luckily there was the last train to Glasgow Queen Street just leaving as I was gathering myself and I got back to the town. Had to get a taxi from Glasgow to Dumbarton though, which was a bit of a pain.

“C*nts On A Train” thread for this pish.

[emoji851]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Had ours two weeks ago. I got pretty hammered and I remember sitting in the pub thinking "I should really go home now" which to my credit, I did.  Any credit I had earned from that decision was quickly diminished as the next thing I remember seeing was a lovely Scotrail worker saying "you need to get off mate". Yip, not only had I fallen asleep on the train, I'd fallen asleep on the wrong train and I was now at Edinburgh Waverley, utterly magoofed and entirely confused.  Luckily there was the last train to Glasgow Queen Street just leaving as I was gathering myself and I got back to the town. Had to get a taxi from Glasgow to Dumbarton though, which was a bit of a pain.

We have another works lunch this weekend at which I plan on leaving much earlier and with less alcohol taken on board.

So still travelling by train, then?

Any credit I had earned from that decision was quickly diminished as the next thing I remember seeing was a lovely Scotrail worker saying "you need to get off mate". Yip, not only had I fallen asleep on the train, I'd fallen asleep on the wrong train and I was now at Edinburgh Waverley, utterly magoofed and entirely confused.  Luckily there was the last train to Glasgow Queen Street just leaving as I was gathering myself and I got back to the town.

Might have been me!! I woke some drunken rapsacllion up on a later train at Waverley a couple of weeks back.

Ours was a tame affair. A quiz, buffet and karaoke in a colleague’s big f**k-off house.

A few arrived having already had a skinful (two of them in my quiz team) and didn’t last long, but a number opted to stay sober and drive, myself included. Won the quiz in spite of my team and did a couple of songs later - including a duet for “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”.

Only my second time at this - it used to be an expensive thing in a local hotel (the type where lots of businesses all turn up). The house owner finished up working with us on the day of the party, so next year may be back to a more traditional pub crawl , although this always ends up with squabbling over where and which pubs.

Mine was last week a meal and drinks after. I made a sober cameo appearance after the meal just as it was all falling apart. Everyone was pished especially the teams we dirty who was basically groping everyone in sight as she desperately tried to get pumped.

I bailed out just as she was sick everywhere and got huckled out the pub in an act of kindness had I gave  one poor guy a lift home who she had set her sights on and wouldn't leave alone.

Same dirty is now trying to organise a weekend away in a house in the middle of nowhere just so we can all get pished.

Mine was last week a meal and drinks after. I made a sober cameo appearance after the meal just as it was all falling apart. Everyone was pished especially the teams we dirty who was basically groping everyone in sight as she desperately tried to get pumped.
I bailed out just as she was sick everywhere and got huckled out the pub in an act of kindness had I gave  one poor guy a lift home who she had set her sights on and wouldn't leave alone.
Same dirty is now trying to organise a weekend away in a house in the middle of nowhere just so we can all get pished.

Get her pumped

6 hours ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

My work's Christmas party was two weeks ago and someone got us banned from the restaurant by stealing bottles of wine from the rack.

The same person also fell over in the nightclub we went to afterwards and broke her wrist. As the only sober person there (I don't drink) I drove her to A&E.

You work with Judy Finnegan?

21 minutes ago, pub car king said:

#MeToo

I have been at my new work for a month and we had our work night out last weekend and I was giving the guy next to me who I had just me for the first time intimate details about how my daughter was conceived.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have been at my new work for a month and we had our work night out last weekend and I was giving the guy next to me a censored who had just teabagged me for the first time intimate details about how my daughter was conceived.

FTFY

tenor.gif?itemid=5500109

Work in a pub so won't get mine till January at the earliest (last year it was April)

Should be good this time as for the first time in 5 years there's no arseholes in my work, everyone can handle their drink fairly well and just generally know how to behave in a pub. Boss/company gave us a decent amount of money last year so hopefully similar this year and it'll be a cheap night.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Archived