C***ts In Shops

Moonglum25

They should have got an education and got a proper job instead of being in the primarily scheme goblin area of working in "retail"
The likes of Teachers and Nurses train to achieve that role, they know the money available before they start training - either they are too stupid to realise they are doomed to be low wage serfs for the rest of their natural or they are doing it for the love of the role rather than the money. If its the former then people have every right to call them out for being twats.
What utter pish! My elder son has a 1st Class Honours from a proper university, a Masters from one of the top continental universities, and studied in China for two months for a further post-grad qualification. He works 35 hours a week in the service industry - unless they choose to only give him 15 hours that week, as he's inevitably on a zero hours contract - to pay his rent and feed him. The further 30 or so hours a week he works in his areas of expertise are virtually without financial recompense. In the two years since his studies finished, he has seen only one paid job and two unpaid internships for which he could apply in his own field.
His younger brother also works in retail, under the same shite conditions, but he only has a 2:1, so that's probably okay in your book. But heh, maybe when he's done his Masters, he'll be able to move on to barista work.
You need to have a right good look at yourself.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jason King said:

I did not.

Read what I said. You seem desperate to make an argument over something that I didn't actually say. You seem to have severe problems understanding relatable context within a debate. Maybe its best if you stepped back here as you clearly dont have the apposite interpretive skills needed to actually debate people once you get past your childish name calling.

9856275D-D364-4241-8062-2D362DD73223.jpeg.84de9653052ae6655ef484c38f0a77e5.jpeg

On 09/01/2019 at 12:49, Jason King said:

I'm not sure what your point is - you totally failed to grasp what I wrote and are now scrambling to dig out of the hole you got yourself into. Come back when you can actually understand what has been said rather than desperately looking for attention.

Cheery bye.

How do you dig yourself out of a hole?

56 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How do you dig yourself out of a hole?

A: Dig out the soil directly in front of you and chuck it out of the hole until you have made a makeshift ramp up to the surface. 

A fucking abysmal metaphor when you think about it. 

On 09/01/2019 at 13:34, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

What utter pish! My elder son has a 1st Class Honours from a proper university, a Masters from one of the top continental universities, and studied in China for two months for a further post-grad qualification. He works 35 hours a week in the service industry - unless they choose to only give him 15 hours that week, as he's inevitably on a zero hours contract - to pay his rent and feed him. The further 30 or so hours a week he works in his areas of expertise are virtually without financial recompense. In the two years since his studies finished, he has seen only one paid job and two unpaid internships for which he could apply in his own field.
His younger brother also works in retail, under the same shite conditions, but he only has a 2:1, so that's probably okay in your book. But heh, maybe when he's done his Masters, he'll be able to move on to barista work.

Which subjects did your boys study? Did they get a lot of help from the uni on how to “market” themselves?

(not being snidey!)

Which subjects did your boys study? Did they get a lot of help from the uni on how to “market” themselves?
(not being snidey!)
Both a combination of languages, in one case Oriental, Philosophy, Sonic Engineering and Logistics. I'm not going to be more specific. ( In fact, it should have been enough to state MA/ MSc/M.Eng etc. Postgrad in Far Eastern Culture and Politics.
Individual courses don't actually matter, in any case. My reply was to someone who was talking shite about "education" being the key to unlocking well remunerated employment.
To be honest, neither they, nor I could give that much of a f**k about their absence of opportunities here. The UK has long lost the plot with tertiary education, turning apprenticeships and City & Guilds qualifications into 4 year "degrees", delivered by establishments with no record of research, academic publication or innovation, and for the benefit of middle class parents, rather than the needs of their children. When they can be arsed, my sons move to a country that values an (proper) education and evidence of being prepared to get on with it. Shame really, as we'd have liked to live in the same timezone as our grand children.

Sounds like they picked the wrong courses tbh

Both a combination of languages, in one case Oriental, Philosophy, Sonic Engineering and Logistics. I'm not going to be more specific. ( In fact, it should have been enough to state MA/ MSc/M.Eng etc. Postgrad in Far Eastern Culture and Politics.
Individual courses don't actually matter, in any case. My reply was to someone who was talking shite about "education" being the key to unlocking well remunerated employment.
To be honest, neither they, nor I could give that much of a f**k about their absence of opportunities here. The UK has long lost the plot with tertiary education, turning apprenticeships and City & Guilds qualifications into 4 year "degrees", delivered by establishments with no record of research, academic publication or innovation, and for the benefit of middle class parents, rather than the needs of their children. When they can be arsed, my sons move to a country that values an (proper) education and evidence of being prepared to get on with it. Shame really, as we'd have liked to live in the same timezone as our grand children.

Picks a random degree and then blames the system for not getting a job. Standard practise

I'd say that the acquisition of a degree shows a self-discipline, willingness to learn and level of intelligence that should be attractive to an employer, even if it isn't specifically related to the job in question. 

Obviously there are some stupid exceptions like degrees in Surfing or David Beckham Studies or some such shite. 

However, when we move to being a country that only believes in education as a means to pursuing work, as opposed to supporting the concept of learning for learning's sake, we become a poorer place for it. 

I'd say that the acquisition of a degree shows a self-discipline, willingness to learn and level of intelligence that should be attractive to an employer, even if it isn't specifically related to the job in question. 
Obviously there are some stupid exceptions like degrees in Surfing or David Beckham Studies or some such shite. 
However, when we move to being a country that only believes in education as a means to pursuing work, as opposed to supporting the concept of learning for learning's sake, we become a poorer place for it. 

Not much different from going out and working from the age of 18 apart from being able to get pished for 4 years.

For the record, i went to uni and then did another three years of study after it before people think i am “university of life”

Absolutely. In times past, learning how to think for oneself, and how others have done so across history and cultures was valued - for its own sake and by employers. Appreciation of, and reflection upon, the universal human experience mattered, and we wanted most of our leaders in most areas of life to have developed this.
A generation after the Blair degrees-for-all pish we have employers who think that a university degree is worthless unless it's in a 'vocation'. With a few obvious and notable exceptions, many of these 'vocational' degrees are two year sandwich or day release courses, spun out to three or four year 'full time' qualifications, padded out by work experience and reading weeks, taught by people with no academic background themselves and with no appreciation or understanding of what an academic heritage means. Our once lauded education system has been fucked by successive political parties, (new) universities, industry and employers who fear being deemed to foster any form of elitism ( I went to my local comprehensive, as did my children, before anyone starts ), and current thinking in the west is now that a classical education and all it encompasses is a worthless indulgence.
We're doomed.
( Saying no more about it here, as, barring my initial reply, it's not really relevant to this thread. )

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd say it's more about self discipline than a sign of intelligence, some real thickos got good very good degrees at my college by working very hard and rote learning. Throw in variables they hadn't read or thought about and they'd be lost. Depends on the subject though I suppose.

Or the c***s that work in Tesco that don't know that alcohol-free does not contain alcohol and stop you purchasing this before 10am.
IDShot_540x540.jpg&key=44033ba1182f7d303926891a0b31f64ada7ef1f2bb757ed66d0ffaf54e33c8f7
Look, it's right there on the label you stupid c***s

c***s who think they know the law but actually don't thread for this shite.

Archived