Aberdeen v Celtic

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic for now but proper old style 'scenes' in the away end yesterday when the goals went in, c***s going absolutely beserk, bodies and limbs everywhere, best goal celebrations i've been in the midst of in some time. 

The way football should be, no c***s taking selfies and filming goals on their phone like in the plastic, over hyped, consumer friendly EPL product down south, f**k all that bollocks, give me the utter carnage of yesterday, superb.

I’m going to be talking my own team down here but with the comments about Logan being a bit shit last season too I was quite surprised to see Aberdeen didn’t make a move for S(G)OD last summer.....or any of our players for that matter.

If the Dons do want to become real challengers I would suggest that trying to buy the best players in the league who don’t play for Glasgow clubs might well be a good idea.

You’d probably want good money for them, which makes it difficult.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

You’d probably want good money for them, which makes it difficult.

I would expect Aberdeen to be in and around the bidding for someone like Jones to be honest.  Although whilst you could probably pay the few hundred grand to get him early I doubt if you could match whatever wages the new club will offer him.

PS - When I say I expect Aberdeen to be in for Jones I don't neccesarily mean in reality, I was more meaning towards my earlier point of that being the kind of player Aberdeen should be looking to steal from clubs like ourselves.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Slightly off topic for now but proper old style 'scenes' in the away end yesterday when the goals went in, c***s going absolutely beserk, bodies and limbs everywhere, best goal celebrations i've been in the midst of in some time. 

The way football should be, no c***s taking selfies and filming goals on their phone like in the plastic, over hyped, consumer friendly EPL product down south, f**k all that bollocks, give me the utter carnage of yesterday, superb.

On the flip side of this there was a boy sitting in the home end behind the goal Celtic attacked in the second half (he was in behind the goal, just a couple of rows above the crossbar).  It didn't zoom in on him or anything but I noticed him due to his white sleeves on the normal footage and he was doing his nut at the 2nd and 3rd Celtic goal and then had a bit of a toned down heads gone on the 4th goal.  Can't beat that passion either.

Trying to put the Shinnie one into the “seen them given” category is a real leap. He is already mid-dive when Lustig touches his back. Aberdeen got away with quite a few dives, Stevie May for one should’ve had a second yellow for simulation. 

Seen them given (from a quick 30 seconds on Google so presume there’s plenty more easily obtainable evidence for anyone not of a paranoid disposition)......

I’m going to be talking my own team down here but with the comments about Logan being a bit shit last season too I was quite surprised to see Aberdeen didn’t make a move for S(G)OD last summer.....or any of our players for that matter.

If the Dons do want to become real challengers I would suggest that trying to buy the best players in the league who don’t play for Glasgow clubs might well be a good idea.

McInnes went baws oot in his quiet attempts to sign Jason Naismith in the summer to play right back. Unfortunately the appeal of living in an industrial waste land and the chance to play for the mighty Peterchester Rovers in the third division was just too much for us to compete with.

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

He wasn't fighting with the police as you put it, seeing as I was actually there the more accurate version of the events is that the EDL mob were in town looking for some trouble (Tommy Robinson just happened to arrange a book signing in Sunderland that day...) and Shaun & some of his mates were jumped by them outside the boozer they were leaving, a few right hooks were exchanged and the police turned up and quickly broke it up, he'd lost his t-shirt in the stramash so to speak and was seen in someones mobile phone footage grabbing it back, regardless of anyone's football allegiances, someone who cracks one of those EDL Tommy Robinson fanboy cretins is alright in my book.

He wasn't fighting with the police as you put it, seeing as I was actually there the more accurate version of the events is that the EDL mob were in town looking for some trouble (Tommy Robinson just happened to arrange a book signing in Sunderland that day...) and Shaun & some of his mates were jumped by them outside the boozer they were leaving, a few right hooks were exchanged and the police turned up and quickly broke it up, he'd lost his t-shirt in the stramash so to speak and was seen in someones mobile phone footage grabbing it back, regardless of anyone's football allegiances, someone who cracks one of those EDL Tommy Robinson fanboy cretins is alright in my book.

Stop making him out to be some sort of political martyr you absolute balloon.

If he’s ended up shirtless fighting in the street, whatever your allegiance, you’re probably a fucking idiot.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Stop making him out to be some sort of political martyr you absolute balloon.

If he’s ended up shirtless fighting in the street, whatever your allegiance, you’re probably a fucking idiot.

No ones making him out to be a political martyr, merely pointing out some far right arseholes targeted them and after getting a few slaps, he and his mates gave a few in return, read into that what you will but you seem a very angry young man this evening.  Chill out and fire into the Quality Street. 

48 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

You seem to have missed the part of that story where he catches a mobile phone.

15 hours ago, bpdon said:

Seen them given (from a quick 30 seconds on Google so presume there’s plenty more easily obtainable evidence for anyone not of a paranoid disposition)......

15 hours ago, bpdon said:

The second one was proven to be a clear penalty from another angle but I’m far too hungover to be dredging it up. You support a team of diving cheats, deal wi it.

Archived