Your Teams Kit & Merchandise

ukssafc

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but wanted feedback from fans from all divisions and didn't want to open a separate thread for each league.

I am looking to get an understanding of how fans feel about their team's current kits and available merchandise. We are a Scottish based business and believe we have identified a number of problems which are hard for clubs to overcome and effect what's on offer to fans. I won't name our brand, because I don't want this to be mistaken for self-promotion - we are just hoping to get the feedback from real fans so we can tailor our solution for the clubs.

An example of the problem they face is that they either have to take the 'easy' option of taking a 'template' kit, which is boring for fans, but is cheap for the club. To get a custom design is expensive, but crucially, can takes 4-6 months to be manufactured. This means a guessing game for stock quantity, which means a) it either sells out and they miss revenue opportunities or b) they get stuck with stock and this erodes the margins they made on the sales.

We believe we can fix this - getting clubs a completely unique, creative design, at a similar price to the 'template' from other brands and deliverable in around 2-3 weeks maximum, meaning if it sells out, it can also be replenished. We also believe we can offer all sizes from baby kits to 6XL adults, with long sleeve versions, womens versions, etc available.

We can do this in a way that means the club will make more money and they won't need to charge the fans any more money than they currently do.

What would be really appreciated would be if you can share your thoughts on what your club currently offers. What don't you like, what would you like to see, and what would make you buy more from your club?  We'll then take this, fine-tune our proposal and hopefully you'll be wearing the kits next season!

We are keen to hear from fans of all levels, from the Premier League down to junior and non-league football (even if you only have 50 fans) and if any commercial directors want to get in touch, we'd love to speak to you.

1 minute ago, ukssafc said:

We actually can do them, but Pie and Bovril seem to have an official partner for that so don't want to step on their toes! :)

Really?! Must have missed that! :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, ukssafc said:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but wanted feedback from fans from all divisions and didn't want to open a separate thread for each league.

I am looking to get an understanding of how fans feel about their team's current kits and available merchandise. We are a Scottish based business and believe we have identified a number of problems which are hard for clubs to overcome and effect what's on offer to fans. I won't name our brand, because I don't want this to be mistaken for self-promotion - we are just hoping to get the feedback from real fans so we can tailor our solution for the clubs.

An example of the problem they face is that they either have to take the 'easy' option of taking a 'template' kit, which is boring for fans, but is cheap for the club. To get a custom design is expensive, but crucially, can takes 4-6 months to be manufactured. This means a guessing game for stock quantity, which means a) it either sells out and they miss revenue opportunities or b) they get stuck with stock and this erodes the margins they made on the sales.

We believe we can fix this - getting clubs a completely unique, creative design, at a similar price to the 'template' from other brands and deliverable in around 2-3 weeks maximum, meaning if it sells out, it can also be replenished. We also believe we can offer all sizes from baby kits to 6XL adults, with long sleeve versions, womens versions, etc available.

We can do this in a way that means the club will make more money and they won't need to charge the fans any more money than they currently do.

What would be really appreciated would be if you can share your thoughts on what your club currently offers. What don't you like, what would you like to see, and what would make you buy more from your club?  We'll then take this, fine-tune our proposal and hopefully you'll be wearing the kits next season!

We are keen to hear from fans of all levels, from the Premier League down to junior and non-league football (even if you only have 50 fans) and if any commercial directors want to get in touch, we'd love to speak to you.

People who, when having a fry up proceed to lash ketchup over baked beans are for the watching, do you agree?

3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
39 minutes ago, ukssafc said:
We don't. Without being unkind, they are exactly what we are looking to do the opposite of.

Bit unfair. We've had bespoke Joma home kits for three seasons and it didn't take 4-6 months.

Oh absolutely not, no, it's just that they are off the shelf. It's the bespoke designs that are (usually) slow.

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Can you do a 4 year old Montrose replica kit? I’m struggling to buy one for my grandson.

The club obviously have a contract in place with an existing supplier, but if we worked with them in a future season then we could, yeah.

Thanks for the feedback - this is exactly what we are looking for. Things that would make the club revenue, but are currently not possible under existing arrangements.

Haven't bough a Brechin shirt in a while, largely because the Pendle varieties are God awful cheapy tat. It's not so much the Tesco two stripeyness of them, but the general design etc that just feels inferior to anything else (some you'd think were a high school textile project) 

Would far rather pay that bit more for a better product. 

I have a Scotland shirt from 2002 and a Colorado Rapids shirt from 2010. Both have shrunk around the middle, which is obviously unacceptable. Will your products be better quality so I don't have to deal with this problem?

Archived