How often do you visit your grandparents?

How often do you visit your grandparents?   

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine all died when I was a teenager. I did get on with them and visit them when they were alive though sadly I remember that I couldn’t go to my grandfathers funeral as it was the same day as my higher history exam.

One set of grandparents were long gone before I came along but my mum's parents were still around. My grandpa was a bit of a mad role model. A grumpy b*****d but drummed in jazz bands, boxed a bit, wore his best suit to the football (Ayr). Died a few days before my brother's wedding. My gran was quite opinionated, especially about my girlfriends. Would call them stuff like "jezebel" or "scarlett woman". She liked the one I'm still married to though and would always advise her she could do better than me and that she was far too good for me. 

Looking at it from a different perspective; our granddaughter is seven and is a huge part of our lives.  I would hope that would continue and assuming we are still around as she grows into adulthood I would like us to remain close.

If we ever get really sick/bedridden etc. I would not want her spending lots of time with us; that’s not what you want for your grandchildren.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Looking at it from a different perspective; our granddaughter is seven and is a huge part of our lives.  I would hope that would continue and assuming we are still around as she grows into adulthood I would like us to remain close.

If we ever get really sick/bedridden etc. I would not want her spending lots of time with us; that’s not what you want for your grandchildren.

Our youngest granddaughter is 1, I'll be lucky to see her start primary school, I reckon.

On the other hand I've seen her brother and one of her cousins grow up  and reach 18 and they've turned out fine young men, even if one of them has less sense than a springer spaniel, and her sister and another cousin turn into fine young ladies.

Archived