This time with Alan Partridge

Billy Rubin

Last nights was the best for me. Love going back and rewatching a couple of more times as there is always a couple of gems you miss. 

‘You should make that a monthly thing, like checking the batteries in your smoke alarm or asking your cleaner how she’s getting on with her chemo.’

CR stuff: Every bit was brilliant, like....every word...it's so perfect but I think him running at a woman at night shouting "You! You! YOU!" is my best bit. Bit obvious but the fall came from nowhere and killed me, so hard to get slapstick right.

TTWAP: Face was hurting with the IRA song, too, too good. Fucking mental, my friend Neil used to jokingly suggest people should sing that particular song on the telly but here was someone doing it." Come on Simon!" :lol: Still can't get over how completely amazing that was, heightened by the switch in tone from the first really sweet sentimental song. Best of Partridge, it's all been worth it.

His face after he barked in the lassies face, and again when he sees that the other girl wants to out with Simon, priceless!"one down on quiz night now"
Although that scene started out being typical Partridge I thought it was really touching that he asked Lucy to take care of Simon.

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Is anyone else waiting for Jenny to lose it at him live on air?  Like the receptionist did in season 1 of IAP?

Oh, that would be good! So far she's managed to hang onto her professional smile no matter what he says or does but maybe we're building up to an all-out meltdown in the last episode!

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Oh, that would be good! So far she's managed to hang onto her professional smile no matter what he says or does but maybe we're building up to an all-out meltdown in the last episode!

I reckon if she does it'll be off-air.  Like in the 20-30 second breaks they have between segments.  A 20 second swear-laden rant.  Would be brilliant.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I reckon if she does it'll be off-air.  Like in the 20-30 second breaks they have between segments.  A 20 second swear-laden rant.  Would be brilliant.

Those are some of the best bits. Alan denying he bought corsets! "This was before you revealed your card details!"

It's so easy to concentrate on Alan when he's talking and then just look to Jenny for her reaction, but some of the micro-expressions she makes while he's in mid-flow are priceless and so well-observed. Also, in the satellite delay bit, I could totally see it coming that Jenny would be able to speak with her without delay and I still cracked up when it happened. The cock-eyed Irish farmer as well and his IRA songs. Barking at Jenny: "I love doing that to women."

Lovely stuff.

It's so easy to concentrate on Alan when he's talking and then just look to Jenny for her reaction, but some of the micro-expressions she makes while he's in mid-flow are priceless and so well-observed. Also, in the satellite delay bit, I could totally see it coming that Jenny would be able to speak with her without delay and I still cracked up when it happened. The cock-eyed Irish farmer as well and his IRA songs. Barking at Jenny: "I love doing that to women."
Lovely stuff.
She did a wee flinch when he touched her leg that was sibtle but well done

I think all the radio shows are on YouTube so you can listen at your leasure. I did a few months back. There's a few ideas which were pretty much wholesale recycled for the TV programme and some which remain unique to the radio series. Either way, it's still well worth listening to. Superb. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think all the radio shows are on YouTube so you can listen at your leasure. I did a few months back. There's a few ideas which were pretty much wholesale recycled for the TV programme and some which remain unique to the radio series. Either way, it's still well worth listening to. Superb. 

Indeed. Starts here. The voice has really evolved since 1992. 

On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 00:08, Bully Wee Villa said:

Patrick Marber is a great comic actor, it's a pity he gave it up to write and direct.

Caught up with episode 4 last night - very good. I could have done without Monty Don bit. Irish Alan and the rebel songs were brilliant. Will watch again as someone said you pick up little things on second and third viewing.