This time with Alan Partridge

Billy Rubin

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

Just watched this weeks episode.

Fucking amazing.

Yeah, I loved it too. Watched it a couple of times and noticing new bits to enjoy that I missed on first viewing.

Just now, MSU said:

Yeah, I loved it too. Watched it a couple of times and noticing new bits to enjoy that I missed on first viewing.

"Great war of China" was great.

The battlefield bit was the best IMO.

Thought that was better than last week. Noticed the woman they interview in the audience is the same actress that played "Another Alan Partridge's" widow from KMKY, nice wee touch.

Bloke in the back row gets shoved off the end of the row when Alan sits down to talk to Ted. 

Simon Farnaby sensational as always as not Dan Snow.

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Simon Farnaby sensational as always as not Dan Snow.

I haven't seen him in that much - he was Artie of course in 'Detectorists' (a role he was born to play!) but apart from that the only thing I can remember him doing was when he hosted a documentary about Richard III's bones being found in that car park. 

Listened to the full original knowing me knowing you series at work the other day, some really good stuff on there although some rehashed on tv. Patrick marber was superb. 

Watching the second this time now disnt care care for the candle in the wind bit

This has been good so far, not 'peak Partridge' but I would argue that, for various reasons, nothing in the series could really come close to 'Knowing Me, Knowing You' and 'I'm Alan Partridge'. I lost it at his quotation of Kirstie Allsopp this week when talking about the peasants' revolt; "and, as Kirstie Allsopp says, a well-fed dog is a slow dog". His monologue about the low-frequency buzzing emanating from his dimmer switch circuit was brilliant, too. It certainly achieves a lot more positive things than negative and, if it can maintain this standard across the full series, I'll be sad when it ends.  

I cant understand folk complaining, feels like we're at the stage where folk are over analysing a fucking comedy show rather than just enjoying it. 
Could say the same to you about a football team

5 hours ago, Latino Lover said:

Watching the second this time now disnt care care for the candle in the wind bit

I thought that was quite funny - naming the women Elton John wrote the song for.

"Marilyn Monroe... Princess Diana... the list goes on."