Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

I hope that McCall can pull off a master stroke tomorrow night.

If we can somehow just muster up enough to get all 3 points, there will be a lot of happy bunnies out there who have been walking around with faces tripping them up.

Thing is, I just don't see it. I just don't think it is possible. We seem to be a one trick pony and I don't mean Shankland, I mean how we play with Shankland in the team. Just doesn't work when he is out the team.

Plan A is beautiful

Plan B is gash

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Plan A is beautiful

Plan B is gash

The problem is we dont have a plan b, we play the same way regardless and when it doesn't work we then throw Bell up front in sheer desperation.

We need to change back to the way we played pre-Shankland which suited Moore much better. Play to his strengths and at least give him a chance.

Hope there's a big crowd for tomorrow night, it's the biggest game of the season for us, any Dundee United fans know how many you're likely to bring down. 

I’d hope for 1000 but realistically it will be 600-700 I reckon. If it was a Saturday game, and given its importance, I’d look for 1000-1200.

10 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

More people are keen for these Friday games than we think. Especially such a big game.

I agree but a trip to Ayr is a lot to ask of people given it is a Friday night and the game is on the TV. I'd love it if we took a really big crowd to Somerset but I think it will be a 600-800 rather than a 1000-1200. Either way I'll be in the number travelling and, at the moment, I'm really looking forward to it.

For all Somerset has its negatives, surely it must rank up there for a healthy away support. You get to see the pitch from 3 sides, all terracing, a full end behind the goals covered, a seggie fence for the 'pwopa nawteee' lads to have some banter.

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

For all Somerset has its negatives, surely it must rank up there for a healthy away support. You get to see the pitch from 3 sides, all terracing, a full end behind the goals covered, a seggie fence for the 'pwopa nawteee' lads to have some banter.

People ask me why I go to Somerset Park because "it's a shithole", but IMO the view and the atmosphere is more important than what the building looks like. I've been to many "modern" stadiums and been bored to tears by the lack of atmosphere and poor view.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing mcdaid partnering moffat up top (moffat as almost a false nine, with mcdaid having the freedom to run in behind at will).

Mcdaid having a wonder game is pretty much the only tiny glimmer of hope I'm clinging to.

I'd play 4-3-3 for this. However that's just not going to happen, Ian McCall is too stubborn to use a different formation and will stick to the 4-4-2.
Also, anyone found it a bit strange why there's no preview for this?

Maybe waiting for the a signing tomorrow or giving any injured lads every chance to make the squad.

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

Crawford Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moore Moffat

Unless we get another signing in on time then I think that's the best we've got. Absolutely no midfield or attacking options on the bench either if we need to change it. Desperately clinging onto the faint hope of Geggan and/or Shankland making it.

I'd play 4-3-3 for this. However that's just not going to happen, Ian McCall is too stubborn to use a different formation and will stick to the 4-4-2.
Also, anyone found it a bit strange why there's no preview for this?
I assume the interview will cover the match preview

Archived