St Johnstone v Livingston, Wednesday 23rd January 2019

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

What's Livi's heaviest defeat of the season?

Is it still just the opening day 3-1 at Celtic?

3-0 at Ibrox. Two goals in the last few mins; the 2-0 goal was when we’d been chucking bodies forward for the equaliser.

Incidentally, Halkett looked in a really bad way at the end on Sunday so would be surprised to see him play. 

17 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Is there under soil heating on your park? Been very cold last few days 

The livestock help soften it up.

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Lawson has been at fault for at least 2 of the goals against us and think it was him that deflected Halkett's great tackle into our net, really don't rate him defensively. 

Wonder how Miller is doing, sure I saw him in those Portugal training pics, would start him and Hardie up front if he's fit to play.

Think it's a bit unfair to say he was at fault for the deflected own goal...he was covering from a midfield position and the tackle unfortunately came off him. The other goal that I remember he was covering from midfield on the left side of the pitch and got his angles completely wrong...He's supposedly a natural right back but I'm not sure he's played that position for us yet.

As for Miller, totally agree. Can't wait to see him partner Hardie again. We also have De Vita on the verge of a comeback too so that'll be a nice boost

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think the best we'll get tonight is s draw.

Nah, we need to start winning these games if we genuinely want to fight for Europe.

More importantly though, it'll open up a gap between us and the bottom half sides, which we'll need for the shitehawk run of fixtures we've got coming up.

We didn’t play well against Hamilton at all, but had we been sharper then we could have had half a dozen goal scoring opportunities. Now Livi won’t be such a shambles at the back, but if they’re missing two of their first choice back line, there’s a chance the reserves aren’t up to speed or know exactly where to play.

I’m cautiously optimistic tonight, if we get another early goal and are actually “on” it from the start, we could see a 2/3 goal deficit. Or of course it ends either 0-0 or 1-0 Livi. Which in reflection seems about right!

25 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Fair play to anyone heading to this, will be fucking freezing. Can't see us winning this unfortunately, would be delighted with a draw. Especially if we're without Halkett and Gallagher as well as Menga. 

I'll take a 0-0. Been hopeless on the road this season. Don't really know why tbh. Been very unlucky in some games (i.e. Hamilton away). Time to start picking up point away from home.

I'll take a 0-0. Been hopeless on the road this season. Don't really know why tbh. Been very unlucky in some games (i.e. Hamilton away). Time to start picking up point away from home.

Hmm, wouldn’t say we’ve been hopeless on the road, just results have went the way that most folk probably would’ve predicted. Understandable defeats at Parkhead and Ibrox in which we definitely weren’t shamed, good draws at Tynecastle and Easter Road, and a pair of draws at Fir Park and Dens which were slightly iffy. Only games I’ve felt we’ve made an arse of it were at Accies and away to Killie, where we just didn’t get going at all.

Feel like we need something tonight before a real tough one on Sunday but Gallagher and Halkett being potentially out gives me the fear somewhat.

Archived