Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, big al said:

It’s not his goading that’s the issue. That’s fair enough, fans are giving it out so a wee bit smug in return is ok.

its the incredible cheating. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him in the McKenna incident. While driving home someone (Neil McCann?) said on sport sound that you could actually see him covering 1 eye and looking to see what’s happening with the other while pretending to need life saving surgery for 5 minutes.

hes always leaving the boot in and should have had a yellow in the first half but the play acting is embarrassing and unacceptable.

Oh I'm with you there, I was going apoplectic watching his antics.  He goes for a header, looks at his man, rugby tackles him, falls over holding his face, goes mental when a free kick is given against him.  Boots left in, dives, complaining.  Horrible wee c**t.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Northboy said:

Definitely the right decision, I didn't hear what AW said but can't see how anyone could argue otherwise. In another universe Aberdeen/McKenna/Rangers/Morelos might put up their hands and acknowledge they were wrong but I expect the usual appeals will follw.

I don't think we'll appeal.

Mcinnes said Mckenna was looking 'sheepish' in the changing room and that he probably deserved it.

Just now, Northboy said:

Definitely the right decision, I didn't hear what AW said but can't see how anyone could argue otherwise. In another universe Aberdeen/McKenna/Rangers/Morelos might put up their hands and acknowledge they were wrong but I expect the usual appeals will follw.

If I was in charge at  Aberdeen then I'd appeal because Mckenna has kicked out while a guy is actively trying to stud him in the baws. Although it will probably fail as there is a precedent already set in that Morelos is allowed to attack other players genitals.

McKenna a bit unlucky, wrong place, wrong time, with the red card incident. It’s minimal what he does but probably unlikely to be rescinded.

same with penalty, he’s clearly claiming the guy in front of him was offside as he heads the ball in front of him as he looked to come from an offside position.

he was also guilty of standing off Morelos for the 2nd goal. 

A real ‘bad day at the office’ for McKenna sadly.

Leaving the football aside, this thread has provided two key things.

1) The inexplicably overdue emptying of the joint worst (with Kinky) horrible bigoted c**t on here

And

2) Absolute confirmation that Rangers fans are the smallest of the small time diddies .

Just watched sport scene highlights.

didnt realise at the game just how bad the mcgregor tackle is on Ferguson.

any other player in the rangers team makes that type of challenge and it’s a straight red. It’s a howler and goes beyond a goalie merely protecting himself.

its dangerous play  and could injure the opponent. 

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You are correct but it is laughable that he seems to take more pleasure in running towards the opposition support and putting that pout on than actually celebrating the goal with his team mates. 

I don't find that to be too strange to be honest. Brophy did it against Sevco a couple of weeks ago and the majority of people loved it.

9 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Fair score. No complaints. We were honking in the first half. I thought individuals looked quite good, McKenna and Considine made some decent blocks, GMS and Cosgrove has their moments, but the shape was atrocious. Rangers looked so much more comfortable. One of these days I’d really like to see if we can just play our game against these fuckers (and Celtic) rather than reacting to what they’re doing. Our defence was carved open with simple movement because no one knew where they were supposed to be/who they were supposed to be marking.

Second half, after an early goal to get us back in it, all bets are off. I actually thought Morelos would have deserved a yellow and McKenna a red for the incident, but neither can really have any complaints. Morelos starts it but McKenna was the worse offender. It totally changes the game, and if Rangers had needed a goal at that point, I think they would have got it. As it was, we were chasing it, and Rangers seemed happy to soak up the pressure. As soon as Katic came on I knew what was happening. Crosses, heiders away, repeat. Likewise, as soon as Lowe came off and left us with two centre backs and naebdy else, I knew it would end 4-2.

Shinnie was incredible. Absolutely everywhere. Everyone else looked ok, but obviously we didn’t do enough.

The McGregor incident is a penalty and a red for me. HOWEVER, it’s one of those ones that you just never see given. It’s like when a striker gets a shot away in the box and then gets wiped out by the defender. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul, but in the box, never given. Keepers won’t get pulled up for that sort of thing very often, across all football. I therefore don’t really blame Madden. I thought he had a good game.

f**k me though. I’m pretty down about this. Plenty of games to go though, we can still finish second IMO, but the title’s away.

Nonsense.  To even suggest Morelos deserved a yellow is ridiculous.

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh I'm with you there, I was going apoplectic watching his antics.  He goes for a header, looks at his man, rugby tackles him, falls over holding his face, goes mental when a free kick is given against him.  Boots left in, dives, complaining.  Horrible wee c**t.

Correct. Would pay to see McKenna boot him right over the beach end.

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Is it irrelevant that you are five point behind , you lost to them last night and they seem to be getting stronger. I don't believe it is irrelevant. 

No dumb dumb.  Saying that a points difference in a league competition is irrelevant would be very stupid, please give me more credit.

Your 'tired narrative' that I spoke of was that we bottled it against them.  Kingjoey pointed out that our head to head favoured us.  You then went back to points difference.  Which is irrelevant to the conversation about the head to head.

Thank you.

Gutted to lose that. Over the course of the 90 minutes we definitely deserved the win but that's how it goes.

Incredibly frustrating to have to complain about another referee performance when the new club is involved. Yes, it's a stonewall penalty but there are two mistakes (the offside and the freekick which is given) immediately before it. Hopefully, we get VAR in place and this type of thing is picked up on.

Two of the most blatant red cards you will ever see. Not sure how either team has any grounds to appeal. Morelos stamps on McKenna and he retaliates. Whether he catches him or not has nothing to do with it. From then on there was only one team in it. McGregor escaping a red is par for the course. Sickening.

Defoe is finished. A late goal against a gung ho team aside he offered nothing. He's not going to get that space against some of the struggling teams and Celtic will defend so high he doesn't have the legs to get in behind.

If that rangers team finishes within 15 points of Celtic, I'll be surprised. Especially now Celtic have freshened things up.

All that aside, a cracking game of football. Had everything but would rather have played crap and won 1-0.

Archived