Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

You know how Liam Neeson got slaughtered in the press ?

Will I be on the news if I hope I bump into a dirty orange devil worshipping racist unionist b*****d when I nip out to make sure my garage and shed is locked tonight ?

:thumsup2 If only your team had been so assiduous at 'locking the back door' tonight.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Fair score. No complaints. We were honking in the first half. I thought individuals looked quite good, McKenna and Considine made some decent blocks, GMS and Cosgrove has their moments, but the shape was atrocious. Rangers looked so much more comfortable. One of these days I’d really like to see if we can just play our game against these fuckers (and Celtic) rather than reacting to what they’re doing. Our defence was carved open with simple movement because no one knew where they were supposed to be/who they were supposed to be marking.

Second half, after an early goal to get us back in it, all bets are off. I actually thought Morelos would have deserved a yellow and McKenna a red for the incident, but neither can really have any complaints. Morelos starts it but McKenna was the worse offender. It totally changes the game, and if Rangers had needed a goal at that point, I think they would have got it. As it was, we were chasing it, and Rangers seemed happy to soak up the pressure. As soon as Katic came on I knew what was happening. Crosses, heiders away, repeat. Likewise, as soon as Lowe came off and left us with two centre backs and naebdy else, I knew it would end 4-2.

Shinnie was incredible. Absolutely everywhere. Everyone else looked ok, but obviously we didn’t do enough.

The McGregor incident is a penalty and a red for me. HOWEVER, it’s one of those ones that you just never see given. It’s like when a striker gets a shot away in the box and then gets wiped out by the defender. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul, but in the box, never given. Keepers won’t get pulled up for that sort of thing very often, across all football. I therefore don’t really blame Madden. I thought he had a good game.

f**k me though. I’m pretty down about this. Plenty of games to go though, we can still finish second IMO, but the title’s away.

Agree with pretty much all of this except I thought McKenna deserved Yellow and Morelos a red because, under primary school rules, he started it.

McGregor could behead opponents and shit down their windpipes and not give a foul.

we'll be second though. 

This is true and it changed the pattern of the game.

What 'budget' allows you to do is bring on a player like  Defoe to slot away the 4th.

‘He hasn’t played in two years and a waste of money’ though Kinc?

We perhaps won’t get anywhere near that mob come May, but I’ll settle for Defoe sending the hateful hordes at Pittodrie back home to their hovels empty handed tonight thanks. GIRFUY

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

‘He hasn’t played in two years and a waste of money’ though Kinc?

We perhaps won’t get anywhere near that mob come May, but I’ll settle for Defoe sending the hateful hordes at Pittodrie back home to their hovels empty handed tonight thanks. GIRFUY

Lol  - hateful horde is your mob. Take it you are another armchair fan who never goes to  games?

57 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah because 2-3 looks mightily like 2-4.  Dafty.

it is the same number of points and about 8% difference on the GD count.

I'd say it was worth gambling that 8% difference for a 3 point swing.  

not getting a third cost us 3 points. 

conceding a 4th increased rangers advantage in a  tie break marginally. so it makes little difference. 

Dafty

Agreed that the new extended highlight packs released by the SPFL are good, however this one just confirms to me what a horrible wee p***k Morelos is, first he tries to stomp on McKenna's balls and then proceeds to roll around like Rivaldo.  Hope he gets an extra ban for his ridiculous play acting

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Agreed that the new extended highlight packs released by the SPFL are good, however this one just confirms to me what a horrible wee p***k Morelos is, first he tries to stomp on McKenna's balls and then proceeds to roll around like Rivaldo.  Hope he gets an extra ban for his ridiculous play acting

How do the highlights compare to you watching the game on RTV?

29 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Indeed. But last night's game shows yet again that when it is a big pressure match against the two scumbags that the Dons are found wanting.

You do realise that this is our first defeat to Rangers this season in four games, two wins, one draw and this defeat.

I thought the ***s didn't consider Aberdeen as rivals of any sort and didn't give them any more thought than they do to any other club -  (c) No8

The state our resident ***s are getting into here would suggest otherwise. Imagine getting a ban for a headsgone in a game your team actually win :lol: What an absolute fucking roaster No8/Bob is (or rather was). 

Anyway, that was a fine game of football from the bits I saw. If Rangers can get Morelos to stop acting like a tit  they'll comfortably take second. Aberdeen will probably just shade Killie for 3rd. Gerrard really needs to be booting Morelos up the arse though. His red card was stupid enough, but his play-acting, frequently leaving the boot in unnecessarily and constant winding up of opposition fans is going to land him regular bans. 

Archived