Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/5/2019 at 16:05, Reggie Perrin said:

What makes you think Thistle will pull clear?

Every bit as shite as the other contenders.

I think Thistle will pull clear because they have shown - relatively to the teams around them - momentum, fighting spirit, and a potent front two;  not losing 6-pointers (ie v us), and growing confidence.   They’re not a team on a downward cycle, unlike, say, US. 

So, maybe not great, but not at all as shite as the other contenders. 

Maybe it's because I wasn't there on Saturday, but I'm not feeling quite as doomed as my fellow fans. After Friday's draw, it's looking increasingly likely that County and Utd will have the top 2 sewn by the time they face us in the final 2 fixtures and strange results can happen when teams down tools (we took 6 points from St Mirren last season after they'd sealed the title). Queens and Morton may also be beneficiaries of this, so still plenty twists left IMO.

Maybe it's because I wasn't there on Saturday, but I'm not feeling quite as doomed as my fellow fans. After Friday's draw, it's looking increasingly likely that County and Utd will have the top 2 sewn by the time they face us in the final 2 fixtures and strange results can happen when teams down tools (we took 6 points from St Mirren last season after they'd sealed the title). Queens and Morton may also be beneficiaries of this, so still plenty twists left IMO.
I just dont feel like we can capitalise tbh. Those results for QoS and Alloa away from home last week.... We havent had one of them and doesnt feel like we will get one.

Surely not suggesting that Morton would throw a game late in the season? 

Or merely getting the excuse in early for when Alloa take three of you? 

I’d be happy to deliberately lose every other game so long as we still pump and relegate your absolute rabble.

d663ff0c-7905-4d08-a325-ad7125f708d2.jpg

1) Thistle (h), QoS(a), Alloa (h) target = 9/9 or at least 7/9... actual points = 2.

“Must win” games, that turned out as just more points down the stank...

2) A Midfield comprising 2 utterly ineffective, ponderous, one-paced, supposed holding midfielders who actually disappear when most required to contribute positively, and a teenage kid on his own up front getting more & more frustrated at the woeful “service” he gets to work with...

3) An evident lack of willingness to change tactics, personnel or formation no matter how obvious that current team set up is hopelessly inadequate...

4) Continuing with Paton in the team. His performance on Saturday as bad as any this season, his cowardly ‘point and blame someone else’ for every overhit or misplaced pass he made - which was...er... all of them - really, really, really bugs and depresses me in equal measure. Get him tae feck...

So -  What in the world makes some folks on here think we’re suddenly going to turn this around against DU & RC, far less the other two?? After Saturday’s limp, gutless fiasco we’ll be lucky to pick up another 2 points from the last 12.

“Change tactics or die” should have been the strategy long ago; as others have said, this now looks just like Pressley’s infamous, insipid relegation surrender.  What a load of rubbish. 

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

Yep, having 2 DM's as your CM pairing is bizarre.  It screams 'we don't want to score any goals'.  Mental tactic IMO.
We're the same. You can imagine how shite the game on Tuesday was.

32 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

The entire stadium will be one giant slip hazard every home game. 

Crowdwanking about home attendances is boring. 

Just imagine those away crowds compared to everyone else though, oaft. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Look on the bright side Falkirk fans.

If you guys do end up going down, think of the crowd wanks you'll be able to have in League 1.

You'll be happier than a pig in shit.

:lol: Can you imagine it?

Their home crowds will be eight times those of their rivals, especially if they usually win.

What sort of abuse will they be able to inflict on their guests for not requiring stands to themselves?  It'll be brilliant. 

I'd almost take relegation, if I knew for a fact that they were going to join us.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Nothing like wearing your absolute small-time on your sleeve. Fair play for that I suppose.

You'll be able to tell us all about 'absolute small-time' when you're getting horsed by Montrose and Edinburgh City next season champ. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.7acd6bf2e6c949990fd4c367d944e61a.jpg

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, having 2 DM's as your CM pairing is bizarre.  It screams 'we don't want to score any goals'.  Mental tactic IMO.

It might actually work better if they were CM pairing, Paton is generally wide right.

The ole round holes square pegs

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

You'll be able to tell us all about 'absolute small-time' when you're getting horsed by Montrose and Edinburgh City next season champ. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.7acd6bf2e6c949990fd4c367d944e61a.jpg

One more bad season away from potentially emulating big team Morton and adding the Third Division title to the honours list.

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Variety, Champ. No point being bang average in the same league for decades at a time. Gets stale. A fella could end up with a weird fetish for 90s TV chefs with that sort of diet. 

^^^ blubbering mess

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Sadly for your sad attempt at a comeback, I'm not any kind of mess. Feel free to come back with a picture of Anthony Worral Thompson or an unaccompanied minor though x

^^^ word salad