Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our last game of the season is at Cappielow against Dun Utd. They will either have won the league or will be heading into the playoff's. I can't see them fielding a strong team against us in that game so a potential of all 3 points.
Alloa at home is a winnable game too.
Possibility of picking something up at Dunfermline as they could be home and dry and nothing to play for by the time we play them.
Queens have been on a terrible run, so potential there too.
Falkirk game will look after itself and should still hold a bit of niggle.
Only one I'm not confident about getting anything from is the ICT game 
We had been but 4 points in the last 2 games suggests we're through that. No surprise it coincides with Todd returning so hopefully he stays fit.

Having said that, we were god awful on Tuesday night against a god awful Falkirk side.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

We had been but 4 points in the last 2 games suggests we're through that. No surprise it coincides with Todd returning so hopefully he stays fit.

Having said that, we were god awful on Tuesday night against a god awful Falkirk side.

I thought before the international break Dobbie looked jaded and burnt out. Looks like the break did both him and the team a favour. 

I thought before the international break Dobbie looked jaded and burnt out. Looks like the break did both him and the team a favour. 
Probably because he's being deployed as a lone striker. At his peak he wasn't capable of that role so I've no idea why GN thinks he can do it now. It's a system that hinders Dobbie yet the only person who can't see that is the man that matters.

Out of all the teams that could get in the playoff, what do you think of your chances again the 'bucket and spade' teams below?

As a Forfar fan, I think you would all get through quite easy, however I've not seen any of you play this season.

25 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Out of all the teams that could get in the playoff, what do you think of your chances again the 'bucket and spade' teams below?

As a Forfar fan, I think you would all get through quite easy, however I've not seen any of you play this season.

In recent seasons we've lost to East Fife and Albion Rovers in cup games and drawn with East Kilbride and Albion Rovers in  Betfred cup group games.

Fully accept these were single games rather than two leg games but I'm certainly not super confident we would come through the play offs.

We did manage to beat Montrose 2-1 at Palmerston in a Scottish Cup replay after a draw at their ground last season and also beat them at Links park in Irn Bru cup but needed a very late equaliser and extra time to do so.

Plenty of reasons in recent times  for us not to assume play-offs would be good for us.

Unease definitely growing...now feel it’ll be one from Alloa/Falkirk and one from Morton/QoS.   Thistle to pull clear.   
If Thistle claw themselves out of it then they've done a helluva job given they have Ayr twice and County once. On paper they have the hardest run in for me.

If Thistle claw themselves out of it then they've done a helluva job given they have Ayr twice and County once. On paper they have the hardest run in for me.

Ayr are not the side they were at the start of the season. They're performing now like a mid-table side, don't think they can be chucked in with county(and possibly united when they turn up) as games anyone will struggle to get anything from.

Ayr are not the side they were at the start of the season. They're performing now like a mid-table side, don't think they can be chucked in with county(and possibly united when they turn up) as games anyone will struggle to get anything from.
Yeah they're certainly not as effective (I put it down to sides now knowing how to play against them rather than Ayr being poorer) but they are still playing for 2nd so aren't going to lie down. And similar to us they have a player who is always a danger.

We were relegated in 2002 but saved by Airdrie going bust. Tomorrow’s game comes at a similar time to one we played at home that season against Arbroath. We lost 3-0 and it as good as sent us down. Tomorrow isn’t quite as drastic in terms of we will be going if we lose but it does feel a similar sort of pressure game where I have seen us lose when expected to win by the fans.

Going to be a tough watch. Looking forward to it though.

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

We'd thrash East Fife, but the final against RR or FA would be more troublesome - RR appear fragile and you'd hope that plucky part timers Forfar would run out of gas.

Of course what would really happen is John Baird would score the winning penalty in a shoot out. At TFS. In front of the South Stand.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We were relegated in 2002 but saved by Airdrie going bust. Tomorrow’s game comes at a similar time to one we played at home that season against Arbroath. We lost 3-0 and it as good as sent us down. Tomorrow isn’t quite as drastic in terms of we will be going if we lose but it does feel a similar sort of pressure game where I have seen us lose when expected to win by the fans.

Going to be a tough watch. Looking forward to it though.

1-3, David Moss sent off and Patrice Tano doing his thing.

My boss at work at the time was an Arbroath fan. OOFT.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We'd thrash East Fife, but the final against RR or FA would be more troublesome - RR appear fragile and you'd hope that plucky part timers Forfar would run out of gas.

Of course what would really happen is John Baird would score the winning penalty in a shoot out. At TFS. In front of the South Stand.

Please make this happen.

1-3, David Moss sent off and Patrice Tano doing his thing.
My boss at work at the time was an Arbroath fan. OOFT.

Was Moss not away to the Scum by then?

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Did he go back to them again after us? We got him from them didnt we?

I think we got him back on loan for a bit.