Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

County could well send out their second string next week. That scenario is not unrealistic at all, although Ayr appear to be all over the shop these days.

That shouldn't be happening when you've nothing to save your players for.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well that couldn't have went any better. Win next week. We really shouldn't be worried about what goes on between Alloa and Ayr but obviously it would nice if Ayr could beat them regardless.

With Falkirk practically down it makes it even more important we stay up as they'll have the budget to bounce right back up.

Yes, that unfolded as well as we could have hoped for:

It means we're safe from finishing bottom.

It means we're safe from the play-offs if we beat Thistle.

It means that if we fail to beat Thistle, we're still safe from the play-offs if we match Alloa's result at Ayr.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Its mental. Ayr had no reason to go after a fighting for their lives Thistle today so they may yet beat Alloa.

Likewise I thought Alloa would beat ICT today.

Which all points to Ross County still having more than enough to beat a Falkirk side who seem to have lost all fight

I have to be honest, I will be attending next week and would happily take a defeat as long as my team are giving it 100%.

Well I would say it was fun being part of the relegation royal rumble, but it wasn't, it was shite. But we take our leave and wave a fond farewell to all who fight on for another week  

35 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Don’t think we’ll be letting Alloa win next week. Beat them we finish third get an extra 70K and have Home advantage against ICT.

This.  I think it might be £75K. Mon the Ayr.

Edit to add I'd be delighted for Alloa to win next week and stay up but only if we win against Thistle. 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Don’t think we’ll be letting Alloa win next week. Beat them we finish third get an extra 70K and have Home advantage against ICT.

I've not heard a fan stating that a midweek journey to Inverness is desirable.

Other results went beautifully for us today so very disappointing we couldn't take advantage, despite being ahead and apparently having lots of chances. 

Not particularly confident about Somerset but as always, this team will give it a good shot. Going to be an interesting afternoon :unsure2:

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I've not heard a fan stating that a midweek journey to Inverness is desirable.

There's never a desirable journey to Inverness at any time, unless it's for a short break in Aviemore.............

27 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

The bung Alloa will give us for keeping them up will be worth more than £75k. Home advantage means nothing as well as we're dreadful at home!

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The bung Alloa will give us for keeping them up will be worth more than £75k. Home advantage means nothing as well as we're dreadful at home!

Didn't want to say that.

This is how i think it stands.

So Dunfermline and Morton safe.

Thistle safe if they avoid defeat against QOS. If they lose and Alloa win Thistle will be in play off spot. 

QOS safe if they beat Thistle.  Also safe if they match Alloa result next week.  (Could be 10th if lose but unlikely as 3 points and 9 goals better than Falkirk).

Alloa safe if they win next week as they would overtake one of QOS and Thistle who play each other. Safe with a draw if QOS lose. Will be 10th if they lose and Falkirk win (unless QOS suffer a huge defeat).

Falkirk. will reach play off spot if they beat County and Alloa lose at Ayr. 

Fixtures of clubs involve.

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic.

Falkirk v Ross County.

QOS v Partick thistle.

I'd certainly have taken this scenario at FT last night.

That shouldn't be happening when you've nothing to save your players for.

It can happen if they want it to. Teams that win the league early get the right to do that. Players have been playing through injuries for weeks.

At the very least, I’d expect a number of development age players on the bench, and a team of with everything to play for may well beat a better team with nothing to play for.

38 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Exactly, try getting that into “Ayrmad” thick skull, as all he is concerned  with is him and another 200/300 going to Inverness on a Saturday rather than a Wednesday, and also paying back some sort of favour to Alloa. He obviously doesn’t realise the bonuses the players are on for finishing position. Ayr,s best chance in the Playoffs has to be second leg at home in front of 4000 or so. Do your best next week to win. I can’t see Falkirk winning anyway.

Archived