Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it's down to these three games
Ayr v Alloa
Queen of the South v Partick Thistle
Falkirk v Ross County

Partick will be safe from the play offs if they don't get beat. If they do get beat they will still avoid the play offs if Alloa fail to win. They will be in the play offs if Alloa and Queens both win

Falkirk must win otherwise they finish 10th. If they manage to win (:lol:) They need either Alloa to lose or Queens to lose and have a ten goal swing over Queens

A win for Alloa will ensure their safety. A draw will ensure at least the play offs. A draw will ensure their safety if Queens lose to Thistle. 
Alloa will finish bottom if they get beat and Falkirk win (:lol:) They will be safe if they and Queens get beat and an 11 goal swing

Queens will be safe if they beat Thistle or if they match Alloa's result. A point will ensure at least the play offs

Any more permutations?

Any permutation involving a Falkirk win should be disregarded immediately.
The arse has fallen out of that team in the last few weeks and we will meekly slide into the diddy leagues for the first time since 1980.

13 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

The only involvement I have had with the programme since February has been to conduct player interviews - I thought today's with Dools was alright and a little different to the typical one you get in our programme.

The portion you refer to had nothing to do with me. :)

Thanks for clarifying.

Whoever put the programme together seems to have got McCall fired up though...

Check out @KennyCrawford_’s Tweet:

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Whoever put the programme together seems to have got McCall fired up though...

Check out @KennyCrawford_’s Tweet:

But surely this can't be true. McCall loves Thistle and was going to make sure they got full points from the 2 games with ayr this week.  I'm frankly amazed by this turn of events.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

But surely this can't be true. McCall loves Thistle and was going to make sure they got full points from the 2 games with ayr this week.  I'm frankly amazed by this turn of events.

Yeah, a fondness that hit a nadir which included betting against his own team. 

I'm shocked he didn't forego a win bonus and building some semblance of momentum heading into the playoffs for some faux plaudits from his old team!

It's a funny old game...:green

Long injury time played in Alloa game. Falkirk do enough and are celebrating while Alloa score twice in injury time making them safe.

McKinnon refuses to accept this and arrested by police. All featured live on final score with Stephen Thomson falling off the couch laughing.

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Early odds out for the games.

Alloa and Ayr priced the same with bet 365 and QoS favoured over Thistle but not odds on. 

Are Thistle still that bad?  If I were a Queen of the South fan, I'd be fully expecting the worst from that game.  They were pretty dreadful after the first 20 minutes on Friday, and they visibly turned on each other in the second half.

Are Thistle still that bad?  If I were a Queen of the South fan, I'd be fully expecting the worst from that game.  They were pretty dreadful after the first 20 minutes on Friday, and they visibly turned on each other in the second half.
We were the better side right up until the goal. Had Dobbie been there I reckon we'd have got at least one. If we play like that (and don't go behind!) we should be ok. Play like the last hour and we're fucked.

I was at the ICT v QOS game with the wife a few months back where we toyed with QOS but then Dobbie woke up and scored 2 goals in about 15 seconds to win the game 2-1.  I said to her before the game 'Watch this old cunt here, he's miles better than anyone else on the park'.  And it was true,  his touch, his vision, his surprising pace.  He stuck out of that QOS side like a big throbbing boaby of a thumb.  

It's no surprise to me that since he's been out of the side that they've fallen.  They looked like absolutely nothing when he was off the boil in the games he was playing in too. Absolutely zero threat.  Naysmith has to walk regardless of what league they find themselves in next season.  Literally relying on one player for a whole season.  Very Gareth Bale/Walesy IMO.

For the last week, the check really is to see if the win chance % for the last games work out accurately.

Example, for Thistle to finish 9th requires an Alloa win (which the model has at 21.85%) and QoS win (34.88%). Multiplying these two gives 7.62% chance of happening and the 1000 sims gives 7.4%, so that’s close enough for me.

The first snip shows the sims based on the model’s chances.

However, the bookies (correctly IMO) take a different view on those two games -and the Falkirk one -based on intangibles like motivation and also where they think money will come in, with the Alloa and QoS win % being 36.65% and 41.88% once overround is stripped out (bet365 used for convenience, better odds available elsewhere depending on what you want to bet).

So the second snip is the outcomes when the win% based off the bet365 odds for the Ayr – Alloa, Falkirk- County, and QoS – Thistle games is overwritten.

That'll be the last update, think the two best predictions were that 40 points might not be enough to be safe, and enough results would fall Dunfermline's way that they'd be fine.

So I’ll see you all next February, I hope it’s not in the league one forum … 

29 April.PNG

29 April pt 2.PNG

For the last week, the check really is to see if the win chance % for the last games work out accurately.
Example, for Thistle to finish 9th requires an Alloa win (which the model has at 21.85%) and QoS win (34.88%). Multiplying these two gives 7.62% chance of happening and the 1000 sims gives 7.4%, so that’s close enough for me.
The first snip shows the sims based on the model’s chances.
However, the bookies (correctly IMO) take a different view on those two games -and the Falkirk one -based on intangibles like motivation and also where they think money will come in, with the Alloa and QoS win % being 36.65% and 41.88% once overround is stripped out (bet365 used for convenience, better odds available elsewhere depending on what you want to bet).
So the second snip is the outcomes when the win% based off the bet365 odds for the Ayr – Alloa, Falkirk- County, and QoS – Thistle games is overwritten.
That'll be the last update, think the two best predictions were that 40 points might not be enough to be safe, and enough results would fall Dunfermline's way that they'd be fine.
So I’ll see you all next February, I hope it’s not in the league one forum … 
5cc6c4a1b4ea1_29April.PNG.cdd3e5b493786f03224f83f0cdd8c9c0.PNG
5cc6c4a7392fd_29Aprilpt2.PNG.75fd96f95d3e79486d9a1831c5440fdd.PNG
Reading these posts makes me feel incredibly stupid I must say :(