The Bethnal Green Schoolgirls

ICTJohnboy

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

So in what seems to be a pretty clear reaction to this case and the treatment of Ms Begum (stripping her of her citizenship), roughly 40% of those from an ethnic minority background can now have their citizenship revoked, without process or warning, at a time of the government's choosing. Very well done to those who insisted this was the correct course of action and I'm sure we can trust our current government, or one with wild-eyed racist Yvette Cooper as Home Secretary, to apply this in a non lunatic faction. 

20211203_181825.jpg

What paper's that from, or do you have a link?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What paper's that from?

NS, behind a paywall so just the screenshot 

Eta https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2021/12/exclusive-british-citizenship-of-six-million-people-could-be-jeopardised-by-home-office-plans

Remember when big Dorlomin was sending you all those pics of a white knight? Wonder (not really) what he thinks of it all now

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

NS, behind a paywall so just the screenshot 

Found it, no paywall for me so you can probably get it on incognito, happy to C&P it if not. Thought this would only be for dual citizens which is bad enough, but now it's if in the opinion of the Home Office they could apply for citizenship somewhere else, and I think even if they were born in Britain if a parent has some claim to citizenship in another country. And without warning, a holiday in Benidorm, passport revoked and no right of appeal. That's what I'm taking from it anyway.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2021/12/exclusive-british-citizenship-of-six-million-people-could-be-jeopardised-by-home-office-plans

Just now, BigDoddyKane said:

I would let her back, if she committed any crimes she should be tried for them otherwise just let her be free. The truth is shes got more right to be in uk than some of the people arriving illegally

And why should the Kurds who are threatened on all sides and don't have a pot to piss in have to pay for her food and guards? She was made in Britain, whatever she's done or not done she's our responsibility.

Observer's got a bit about this stuff.

Their testimonies follow a report from legal charity Reprieve that found two-thirds of British women detained in north-east Syria were coerced or trafficked to the region, often lured there after being groomed on dating sites, before being sexually exploited.

The report found that many girls were under 18 when they travelled to IS territory and have since suffered exploitation, forced marriage, rape and domestic servitude. They include a British girl who was trafficked to Syria aged 12, then raped and impregnated by an IS fighter. One of the most high-profile British cases of children joining IS involves three London schoolgirls, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and Amira Abase and Shamima Begum, both 15. The latter’s lawyer says there is “overwhelming evidence” Begum was trafficked.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/04/police-treated-us-like-criminals-say-families-of-girls-trafficked-to-islamic-state-in-syria

On 03/12/2021 at 18:41, welshbairn said:

Found it, no paywall for me so you can probably get it on incognito, happy to C&P it if not. Thought this would only be for dual citizens which is bad enough, but now it's if in the opinion of the Home Office they could apply for citizenship somewhere else, and I think even if they were born in Britain if a parent has some claim to citizenship in another country. And without warning, a holiday in Benidorm, passport revoked and no right of appeal. That's what I'm taking from it anyway.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2021/12/exclusive-british-citizenship-of-six-million-people-could-be-jeopardised-by-home-office-plans

Scary how this has passed relatively quietly because it might just be the most racist policy the UK has implemented in a generation. you could be born and raised here but because one of your grannies where from somewhere else, we think you could just go "back" there instead

f**k off Britain , seriously just f**k off

14 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Scary how this has passed relatively quietly because it might just be the most racist policy the UK has implemented in a generation. you could be born and raised here but because one of your grannies where from somewhere else, we think you could just go "back" there instead

f**k off Britain , seriously just f**k off

Could Priti Patel be affected by this?

• 8 months later...
So it turns out the three girls were trafficked from the UK to ISIS by a Canadian intelligence agent. And the UK government and police have known this for years. 
It's outright child sex trafficking of British girls. 
No they were not at least accordingtothe BBC. The Canadian only facilitated their entry to Syria from Turkey. These 3 made their own way from the UK to Turkey to seek a way into Syria to join up with IS. There is zero to suggest the Canadian "agent" arranged their travel to Turkey and it appear these girls were actively seeking someone to help them into Syria thus how they came into contact with this guy who was in Turkey providing that very service for months.

I cant see the Times article the above is the BBC version of events. If the Times says different fair enough but it's a wild take from the story today to UK State sponsored sex trafficking but hey ho that's your schtick.

Sounds like he was hanging around Istanbul bus station shouting "Anyone for Raqqa?". For a long time Turkey were actively encouraging it, anyone making trouble for the Kurds and Assad was to be encouraged.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

No they were not at least accordingtothe BBC. The Canadian only facilitated their entry to Syria from Turkey. These 3 made their own way from the UK to Turkey to seek a way into Syria to join up with IS. There is zero to suggest the Canadian "agent" arranged their travel to Turkey and it appear these girls were actively seeking someone to help them into Syria thus how they came into contact with this guy who was in Turkey providing that very service for months.

I cant see the Times article the above is the BBC version of events. If the Times says different fair enough but it's a wild take from the story today to UK State sponsored sex trafficking but hey ho that's your schtick.

For once, I can agree with you.

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

don't know if it's been covered before but how did they manage to leave UK as minors ? I thought you had to be over 16 to go on a plane by yourself

Truedau is looking into it apparently. 

Gumby as ever digs out a few facts that the media aren't highlighting. The Canadian Embassy in Jordan who recruited the trafficker was being run by an ex RCMP officer close to Trudeau which isn't the standard protocol and the guy seems to have been sent there specifically due to ISIS. 

And bizarrely the trafficker's alias was Dr Mehmet Resit who was one of the Turks most responsible for the Armenian genocide. That should be a huge red flag. 

Edited by Detournement

• 1 year later...
On 26/02/2024 at 11:45, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think ISIS might have captured the real Rees-Moog and replaced him with someone slightly less nasty.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/shamima-begum-shouldnt-have-lost-her-british-citizenship/

Read the article.

Only because it breaches constitutional principles not because she was brainwashed and raped.