El Collsico

ICTChris

Losing a winning goal in stoppage time often feels unlucky, but not today. We were abject for 70 minutes, and were only in the game due to a borderline offside decision and a seriously soft penalty. Dive aside, McMullan was good. Fyvie was desperately poor, and I fear that injuries have caught up with him. He seemed to be the scapegoat of choice, which given his injuries makes me rather uncomfortable. Gomis was every bit as bad when he came on, but he seems to get a free pass from a large section of our support.

McMullan was your best player by a mile. No idea why he didn’t start.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the winner White managers to get ahead and between two players to win the header.

Doran starts out on the edge of the box totally unmarked and makes a run that is not tracked by anyone and beats two players to the ball.

In addition to this there are a couple of United players who seem to be standing around doing nothing.

Just look at this picture, showing the moment just as the throw in is taken;

20190303_220153.jpg.597813e65d8d679059c72f4c68b13d15.jpg

The video of the goal is here;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47347001

A shockingly bad goal to concede. Unforgivable from a defensive point of view.

Not keen on that result. Bullied for the whole match and our tactics involved launchin the ball at every opportunity. Dont know why as it was obviously not working against the same team just a few days ago. Inverness deserced to win, no question however i spoke to an ICT fan after the game who said thats the best theyve played all season...

Good luck to them in the semis, better team on the day and were prepared to get wired in today unlike us

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For the winner White managers to get ahead and between two players to win the header.

Doran starts out on the edge of the box totally unmarked and makes a run that is not tracked by anyone and beats two players to the ball.

In addition to this there are a couple of United players who seem to be standing around doing nothing.

Just look at this picture, showing the moment just as the throw in is taken;

20190303_220153.jpg.597813e65d8d679059c72f4c68b13d15.jpg

The video of the goal is here;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47347001

A shockingly bad goal to concede. Unforgivable from a defensive point of view.

One of Seaman’s poorer games and culpable for the goal.

The ball bounced and landed in the 6 yard box. Benji needs to come and start taking bodies but hes a shitebag. Far too often he doesnt command his box and whilst i dont fully blame him for the goal, he needs to take some responsibility

I was just walking from one flat viewing to another going by Hampden as a shortcut as right as I got up to it Inverness scored the winter.   

Its a sign IMO, name 400% on the cup. 

Want to get torn in about our performance but I think to concentrate on that is unfair on ICT.  I thought they were superb and outplayed us all over the park. Fair play to Robertson who had clearly studied Tuesday night's game and altered his tactics very effectively.  Normally would be seething to lose a last minute goal but it would have been a travesty if we had got a replay. 

Best of luck in the semi final. 

I (think I had) said in the match thread the other night that if that was Uniteds first choice team I fancied us on Sunday. Tuesday night was something of a patchwork ICT side with players nursing knocks on the bench, an altered formation and players out of position. We still held our own on Tuesday and only lost out to a penalty. Mindful of that, and knowing Robbo would almost certainly have players like Doran back fully fit on Sunday I felt a lot better before the game kicked off yesterday afternoon. He (Robbo) is doing a pretty amazing job given the finances he has to work with. Hopefully yesterdays result will see a few more folk start to come along to games again. 

ICT were tremendous; well done indeed. Celtic at Hampden await I fear though.

Have to say though United were diabolical. Their fans should be incandescent about such a poor attitude from basically the entire team. The back 4 in particular were a joke.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

ICT were tremendous; well done indeed. Celtic at Hampden await I fear though.

Have to say though United were diabolical. Their fans should be incandescent about such a poor attitude from basically the entire team. The back 4 in particular were a joke.

I am not bothered at all about the result. The last thing we need just now is a midweek replay in Inverness, followed by the inevitable demoralising pumping we would get whomever we drew in the Semis.

What I am bothered about was the performance; it was fucking abysmal, and typical of every time we have ben live on the telly. 

We were so bad in so many areas I’m just not going to start, least to say that I couldn’t believe we could be so bad for 90 minutes, but was wrong. Some of it was so bad it was almost funny, and I can imagine a few Dees (and others) laughing their cocks of at some of the shitebaggery on show yesterday.

As has been said Caley were also very decent, were clearly up for it, and didn’t give us a moment, and had we even forced a replay it would have been daylight fucking robbery.

Right, so you're agreeing with me - that's good.

Genuinely surprised how baws you were though. Neilson better hope his side performs better than that in the next 10 or whatever league games are left (plus playoffs if required). Can't see the new bosses being too happy at such a return for their moolah.

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Coll Donaldson screamed at McMullan for diving & got himself banned for the semi final.

Ffs

Yep. On that note I hope the SFA are suitably gutted it won't be Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and United in the semi finals. 

They tried their best. 

59 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Coll Donaldson screamed at McMullan for diving & got himself banned for the semi final.

Ffs

That's a shame, he was immense.

They need to look at the two bookings thing in the cup - we lost Logan, Shinnie and McLean last season for innocuous bookings in a QF replay at Rugby Park.  Even if we do prevail at Ibrox next week, doubtless Shinnie and one or two others will pick up a second yellow.

Well played to Inverness - saw them against Ayr during our winter break, and the second half/highlights yesterday - looked a really good side, and that was without Walsh, who was their most impressive player v Ayr.

Always wonder if Liam Polworth could or should make the step up..............definitely ability there, is there an attitude issue?

Polworth played in a side who cigared their way to Europa League qualification and the Scottish Cup.  He's played about 80% of his career finishing in the top 6 of the SPL/Premiership.

Polworth played in a side who cigared their way to Europa League qualification and the Scottish Cup.  He's played about 80% of his career finishing in the top 6 of the SPL/Premiership.

So do you feel he could make the step up from that?

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ffs

Hopefully ICT will appeal that, even although it will probably be a complete waste of time.

7 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Always wonder if Liam Polworth could or should make the step up..............definitely ability there, is there an attitude issue?

Tbf we've offered him a contract for next season.

Which automatically means Motherwell have aswell.

Archived