Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, bennett said:

It gets the coefficient up, easier access to group stages = hopefully more teams making the group stages and maybe more euro places.

And yet, in our already ludicrously imbalanced game, it gives huge amounts of money to our already richest club.

Actively bad for our game.

It's the duty of anyone with its interests at heart to celebrate each time they don't make it.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

Celtic going further in the CL is good for Celtic. It widens the gap for them and gives them yet more of an advantage than the massive one they already have.

I it agree it benefits Celtic the most.  Whilst other clubs get 6 figure sums for our exploits we get 8 so from a competition point of you it should benefit us massively, However given our shareholders decide to pocket our profit rather than reinvest. Last champions league we were in the owners took nearly 20 million.  

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And yet, in our already ludicrously imbalanced game, it gives huge amounts of money to our already richest club.

Actively bad for our game.

It's the duty of anyone with its interests at heart to celebrate each time they don't make it.

That's very short sighted, if we can get easier access to the group stages then more teams have a chance of progressing and the benefits that comes with it.

Playing eight qualifying games isn't easy.

Just now, gannonball said:

I it agree it benefits Celtic the most.  Whilst other clubs get 6 figure sums for our exploits we get 8 so from a competition point of you it should benefit us massively, However given our shareholders decide to pocket our profit rather than reinvest. Last champions league we were in the owners took nearly 20 million.  

Even with that in mind, it still benefits you massively. Because I can assure you, it'll give you much more to reinvest than any other club.

Now, personally, I don't give a f**k that Celtic are making this money. They're earning it, and if nobody else was getting anything, I don't think I'd argue with that too much either. I don't mind when you progress. Doesn't stop me having a good laugh when you don't of course. But don't ever expect me to say that it's for the good of Scottish football that you do well.

Just now, bennett said:

That's very short sighted, if we can get easier access to the group stages then more teams have a chance of progressing and the benefits that comes with it.

Playing eight qualifying games isn't easy.

That's nonsense though Bennett.

If the cost of smaller clubs getting a bit more money, is that the already richest one gets much much more money, then those others are worse off.

Football finances are entirely relative and given that the whole idea is that teams compete with each other using resources that cost money, it's very clear that it's extremely bad news for our game to have Celtic reach the CL.

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

Even with that in mind, it still benefits you massively. Because I can assure you, it'll give you much more to reinvest than any other club.

Now, personally, I don't give a f**k that Celtic are making this money. They're earning it, and if nobody else was getting anything, I don't think I'd argue with that too much either. I don't mind when you progress. Doesn't stop me having a good laugh when you don't of course. But don't ever expect me to say that it's for the good of Scottish football that you do well.

Nah the champions league money is so ridiculous now I dont exepect anyone to be cheering us on. My point is though once you take away bonuses from making it with the players our board would rather pocket the money than reinvest the capital as proven with a huge surplus most years on player trading.

Finances are better in Scottish football than they have been for a while but I think deep down every top level chairman apart from Dodgy Dave would quite happily take the few hundred grand that comes with us making the making the champions league to help balance their books or a bigger budget. Like Celtic, every club is really just looking out for themselves.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think deep down every top level chairman apart from Dodgy Dave would quite happily take the few hundred grand that comes with us making the making the champions league to help balance their books or a bigger budget. Like Celtic, every club is really just looking out for themselves.

Certainly not good for our game then?

I'm glad we agree.

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah the champions league money is so ridiculous now I dont exepect anyone to be cheering us on. My point is though once you take away bonuses from making it with the players our board would rather pocket the money than reinvest the capital as proven with a huge surplus most years on player trading.

Finances are better in Scottish football than they have been for a while but I think deep down every top level chairman apart from Dodgy Dave would quite happily take the few hundred grand that comes with us making the making the champions league to help balance their books or a bigger budget. Like Celtic, every club is really just looking out for themselves.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Certainly not good for our game then?

I'm glad we agree.

Well no, I just said everyone is looking out for themselves basically. There are pros and cons to both.

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Everyone looking out for themselves might serve the greater good?

Ok Thatcher.

Again, No, I dont agree with how the champions league is becoming a billionaire boys club it Im just saying how it is. The same attitude exists in our game where each club is looking out for themselves.

Edited by gannonball

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Again, No, I dont agree with how the champions league is becoming a billionaire boys club it Im just saying how it is. The same attitude exists in our game where each club is looking out for themselves.

The debate here however, concerned whether Celtic making CL progress is "good for our game".

That was the comment from the Falkirk fan I took exception to, and that Bennett sprinted in to defend.  It doesn't really look like you're able to whole heartedly join them,  which is fair enough.

39 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Haters are going to hate monkey batter in.

Yes, but that doesn't really answer the question.

You said that hating Neil Lennon was by definition, an example of bigotry.  I need to have the nature of this bigotry identified for me please.  Otherwise, how can I possibly hope to address it.

Please help me here.

Brendan Rodgers has shown what Celtic can achieve at a domestic level with a good manager so I'm pleased it looks like being Lennon as his permanent replacement.

Edited by Darren

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but that doesn't really answer the question.

You said that hating Neil Lennon was by definition, an example of bigotry.  I need to have the nature of this bigotry identified for me please.  Otherwise, how can I possibly hope to address it.

Please help me here.

Sorry monkey your a lost cause, your intolerance for Celtic runs to deep.
Poor wee grangemouth bigot was set up by his previous posts then went on tilt.