Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Steve Clarke will leave Scotland and probably never return, and Celtic are one of the two reasons for that. As if he's going anywhere near one of those two fucking cesspits.

I doubt he ever wanted to come back to Scotland in the first place. The whole fucking place is a cesspit. Doesn't even want to be at Killie, they are just convenient for now. He is probably -rightly-  wondering why no English team have come for him yet as he is doing an excellent job.

Edited by Guts

3 minutes ago, RPHG said:

Tierney and McGregor I reckon would be excellent (I don't think either have ambitions at Leicester level),

Indeed; McGregor's level only stretches to Championship shite like Nottingham Forest or Stoke. 

I imagine Lennon will do a decent job between now and the end of the season and get the gig full time, the league is already won and I can't see anyone beating Celtic at Hampden so the treble treble is likely. The only thing that could derail that is if Hibs put Celtic out of the cup, possibly inspired by a Kamberi revenge hatrick which would be top bants.

18 minutes ago, Blacklands Buff said:

It would be interesting to understand the barometer used when stating that Leicester City are a bigger club than Celtic?

Better league emoji819.png️, More money emoji819.png️. That’s it, nothing else at the Foxes even remotely resembles Celtic e.g History, Trophies, Stadium, Global Support etc.

Maybe he wants to manage a team that actually have potential to push on from where they currently are, and whose greatest achievement was only 2 and a half years ago and not 52 years ago.

Also he probably wants to manage a team whose fans are not manchildren whose sole measurement of self-worth is the success of their club.

You also vastly overestimate how big Celtic are. Literally nobody outside of Scotland bar ex-pats gives a f**k about Celtic or Rangers or Scottish football in general. 

Edited by TheIntenseHummingOfEvil
Stupid phones

Maybe he wants to manage a team that actually have potential to push on from where they currently are, and whose greatest achievement was only 2 and a half years ago and not 52 years ago.
Also he probably wants to manage a team whose fans are not manchildren whose sole measurement of self-worth is the success of their club.
You also vastly overestimate how big Celtic are. Literally nobody outside of Scotland bar ex-pats gives a f**k about Celtic or Rangers or Scottish football in general. 

Fair points!

I acknowledge that as things stand that the move to Leicester is a step up. The point I am trying to make is that I don’t see Leicester as a bigger club than Celtic. Until they won the premiership know one outside the British Isles would have recognised Leicester. Celtic (and Rangers) on the other hand are recognised throughout the world.

Brendan Rodgers peaked in his first season. It was always downhill from there, and that's where it's gone. I don't really see what, other than winning the treble for a third time, could keep him where he is.

I honestly thought he'd see out the season at the very least, but if he's thought that an opportunity like this wasn't going to come up again soon then it's a bit of a no brainer.

Ofcourse I did
LCFC has more recent history than Celtic 

Your point I acknowledge and it is quite correct. There is no doubt the Foxes job is a step up but Celtic as a club are a country mile bigger than Leicester. Up until they one the prem know one outside the British Isles even knew who Leicester City were. Blackburn Rovers won the Prem and played in Europe but know one would claim they are bigger than Celtic (or Rangers).

Yes I agree with most of your post . Up until this bit: they one the prem know one outside the British Isles even knew who Leicester City were.

Bit disrespectful mate,don't  you think?

Factual as opposed to disrespectful, the 08/09 season they were in League 1. Prior to winning the premiership they amassed 4 major trophies since their inception (3 League Cup & 1 FA Cup) in 1884, that’s a trophy every 30 years.

37 minutes ago, Blacklands Buff said:

Factual as opposed to disrespectful, the 08/09 season they were in League 1. Prior to winning the premiership they amassed 4 major trophies since their inception (3 League Cup & 1 FA Cup) in 1884, that’s a trophy every 30 years.

Considering the size of Leicester that's pretty impressive.

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I have trouble remembering when Celtic last made the quarter finals of the Champions League.

I can't remember the last time they made the Champions League, tbf...

Success is relative. Money isn't.

Leicester have massive potential to do better than they currently are. Celtic have zero.

Every single thing about this move makes perfect sense.

Celtic fans being inexplicably wounded by it just makes a completely ordinary and easy to grasp situation a bit funny.