Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

image.jpeg.6d9566dcecfc22c1e2c35b840fe94134.jpegimage.jpeg.2d20837cc1db50f81405a8996b5bff57.jpegimage.jpeg.6bb9015608ae73bb838f7775d01218d3.jpegAfbeeldingsresultaat voor rod stewart rangers strip

Celtic diehard Rod Stewart has taken aim at Brendan Rodgers and accused the departing Hoops boss of leaving the club in the lurch.

The Northern Irishman is expected to be unveiled as the new manager of Leicester City later after being given permission to talk to the Premier League club.

But Stewart is less than impressed with the move as Celtic stand on course for an unprecedented treble Treble - and reckons he has ruined his holiday.

The veteran rocker says Rodgers has caused ill-feeling among the Hoops support.

And he even said Rodgers would be to blame should Rangers take advantage and stop eight-in-a-row.

As a Mid-life long fan Rod is obviously hurting.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

David Wagner would be a decent shout for Celtic I reckon.

Would be happy with him. If Lennon secures the treble though I can see Lawwell dishing out the 1 year rolling contract to him though sharp enough.  Personally I would rather have an interview phase regardless and pick the best candidate from there.

On 28/02/2019 at 09:15, Dee Man said:

It would be ironic and amusing if someone bombed that pub. 

Horrible club. Horrible supporters. Mixture of glory hunters and bigots. No wonder Brendan got out.

I hope Lennon gets the job. He took an ok Hibs side to 8th place before he engineered leaving them. He was crap at Bolton. He’s a shit manager but because he’s a bigot he’ll be loved in this job.

When he wins 8, 9 and 10 in a row it will prove the argument that people have that anyone can win the league with this Celtic team.

Horrible club. Horrible supporters. Mixture of glory hunters and bigots. No wonder Brendan got out.
I hope Lennon gets the job. He took an ok Hibs side to 8th place before he engineered leaving them. He was crap at Bolton. He’s a shit manager but because he’s a bigot he’ll be loved in this job.
When he wins 8, 9 and 10 in a row it will prove the argument that people have that anyone can win the league with this Celtic team.
Lennon has obviously caused you to lose the plot completely. Such hatred isn't healthy for a grown man.

Would be happy with him. If Lennon secures the treble though I can see Lawwell dishing out the 1 year rolling contract to him though sharp enough.  Personally I would rather have an interview phase regardless and pick the best candidate from there.

Could have a show like The Apprentice.
Potential candidates have to negotiate certain challenges. Such as attacks from opposition fans in the dugout, bullets in the post and dealing with the neanderthal Scottish media.
All culminates being sat in the boardroom with Pistol Pete pointing the you're fired in your face.

6 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

I wouldn't call him hopeless.  Mediocre to fairly decent maybe.

If he was as good as many Celtic fans believe then his old club Leicester would have snapped him up rather than Rodgers.

He won things at Celtic but as I’ve said either of us could win the league managing Celtic.

At Bolton and Hibs he had a good short period at start but soon falls out with players (Bolton Bannan/Madine, Hibs Kamberi) and turns the squad against him and it’s freefall for the clubs.

45 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

ok I will bite how on earth is he a bigot?

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t hate him I pity our game because people like him get jobs. He’s hopeless. 

You are kindly forgetting everything else he did at Hibs, he went to penalties with Brondby in one of his first competitive games, got Hibs promoted, then finished 4th in his first season back. He got Celtic to the last 32 in the champions league ffs.  Even including Bolton shows your desperation given they went in to administration . I don't know if he is the answer for us long term but to call him hopeless is laughable.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

ok I will bite how on earth is he a bigot?

You are kindly forgetting everything else he did at Hibs, he went to penalties with Brondby in one of his first competitive games, got Hibs promoted, then finished 4th in his first season back. He got Celtic to the last 32 in the champions league ffs.  Even including Bolton shows your desperation given they went in to administration . I don't know if he is the answer for us long term but to call him hopeless is laughable.

Ok hopeless is strong but he always starts ok then falls out with everyone. Hibs lost to Bronby did they not ??

Surely you won’t even consider keeping him long term ?

I am not even going to answer the bigot point. Everyone knows the answer to that.