Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stolen from kickback:

He's gone across the border,

To join a bigger team,

His colours they are blue now,

He's fed up of the green,

Can't take you any further,

Cos europe was the goal,

There's plenty trannies doon there,

So at least he'll get his hole,

Brendan,Brendans gone, Brendan Brendans gone.....

Edited by The Tackle

10 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I don't think Rodgers was a great manager.
Better than Delia, worse than O'Neill.

For me there is a massive question mark over why he rated Jack Hendry.
The boy is dug meat and didn't cut it in League 2 in England.

He has proven to be a step above at this level but questions remain in Europe for me.

As for Jack Hendry we needed somebody at short notice after Compper got injured as soon as we signed him. I said at the time he wasnt the answer but I dont know who else we could have realistically got who was match fit. 

Ffs Im depressed enough with Rodgers leaving now you have me thinking how shite Jack Hendry is given he may be playing in our European qualifiers come summer :(

Really struggling to understand why Celtic fans are that bothered about rodgers leaving. Yeah, he won trophies- hardly a big deal for a Celtic manager. A pretty mediocre record in Europe, which is where it matters.

Edited by sparky88

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He has proven to be a step above at this level

His budget was certainly a step above everything at this level - and that is something that will always cloud things. I personally think he's a decent manager FWIW, but he had very little challenge domestically...

Really struggling to understand why Celtic fans are that bothered about rodgers leaving. Yeah, he won trophies- hardly a big deal for a Celtic manager. A pretty mediocre record in Europe, which is where it matters.

To be fair if the trophies stop and are replaced with rangers winning them then there will be a national epidemic of cranium explosions.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be fair if the trophies stop and are replaced with rangers winning them then there will be a national epidemic of cranium explosions.

Thinking about it, I'm happy for things to continue just as they are. Another 4-5 years of rangers not winning anything would be glorious. 

As for Celtic? 6,7,8,9,10,11,etc,etc in a row. Who cares? :lol: Watching them getting pumped in europe each season is equally as glorious. Win-win really :) 

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

His budget was certainly a step above everything at this level - and that is something that will always cloud things. I personally think he's a decent manager FWIW, but he had very little challenge domestically...

His 2 predecessors had an even bigger gulf than their nearest rivals. They didn't come massively close to being unbeaten domestically nor did they win a treble let alone two. 

7 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Thinking about it, I'm happy for things to continue just as they are. Another 4-5 years of rangers not winning anything would be glorious. 

As for Celtic? 6,7,8,9,10,11,etc,etc in a row. Who cares? :lol: Watching them getting pumped in europe each season is equally as glorious. Win-win really :) 

Surely seeing them being pumped domestically is glorious too?

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

Surely seeing them being pumped domestically is glorious too?

Well yes, that's a given but then you'd run the risk of the other lot winning something and for me, them not winning anything for another 4-5 years (or longer if you like) just shades it in the 'laughing at the OF' stakes. 

14 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

It's quite amusing to see their fans actually surprised that he jumped at basically the first half/quarter decent offer.
We're all diddies to someone and Leicester are obviously a bigger pull than you lot.
Just have to accept your place in the natural order.

Natural Ordure!