Offensive behaviour

Offensive behaviour   

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fan encroaches on English pitch and gets a 14 week jail sentence, £350 fine and 10 year ban from every stadium in the UK.

Wonder what'll happen to the Hibs fan.

That's 3 days short of what John Wilson served for his Neil Lennon red mist incident.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

That fan is getting done for assault. Not for encroaching the pitch. Anything that happens to the Hibs fan will be, quite rightly, a lot less than that. Although I'd imagine a substantial ban will be the one big similarity.

Why should it be a lot less? As far as i am concerned both went on to the pitch with the same intent but fortunately for the Rangers captain the Hibs lad was a silly wee boy. He aimed a kick at the Rangers captain and also assaulted him. 

After the statement from Leannne Dempster i believe Hibs will ban the lad for life. The courts will give him a hefty fine and he will be very lucky to avoid a custodial sentence.

As far as strict liability goes. I am all for it if the clubs do not take action. You do not have to use the punishment but hopefully the threat of serious action will be enough for clubs to take steps to cut this sort of thing out. If fans believe their stand could be shut because some idiot threw a coin / bottle / whatever on the pitch they would be more inclined to point the offender out.

17 minutes ago, Gusty said:

Why should it be a lot less? As far as i am concerned both went on to the pitch with the same intent but fortunately for the Rangers captain the Hibs lad was a silly wee boy. He aimed a kick at the Rangers captain and also assaulted him. 

Kicked and assaulted him, aye, through orange tinted glesses. 

1 hour ago, Gusty said:

Why should it be a lot less?

Because it's a lesser crime. Really doesn't get any simpler than that. Thankfully the criminal justice system doesn't really work on the basis of public hysteria.

Radio Scotland discussing clubs having the power to ban their own fans from EVERY ground.
Please, St Johnstone, please ban me in this way and save me from watching the dross we have become.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fan encroaches on English pitch and gets a 14 week jail sentence, £350 fine and 10 year ban from every stadium in the UK.

Wonder what'll happen to the Hibs fan.

Probably be given a place on the sportscene panel.

53 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Because it's a lesser crime. Really doesn't get any simpler than that. Thankfully the criminal justice system doesn't really work on the basis of public hysteria.

Not usually-remember the riots about 5 years ago though? 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not usually-remember the riots about 5 years ago though? 

I can't remember what sentences and punishments were handed out from the aftermath from that day. The hysteria itself is what I remember the most.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's 3 days short of what John Wilson served for his Neil Lennon red mist incident.

Did Wilson not get held on remand because he was a repeat offender? And his Breach of the Peace sentence conveniently covered the time it took to get to trial.

Anyone looking to overreact to these pitch invasions has to go some to top this

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did Wilson not get held on remand because he was a repeat offender? And his Breach of the Peace sentence conveniently covered the time it took to get to trial.

Anyone looking to overreact to these pitch invasions has to go some to top this

:lol: Imagine watching a sniper sitting up in the flood lights picking folk off.

NINTCHDBPICT000439757210-e1538943605213.jpg

Pretty much

Assuming that they don’t try to promote this Hibs arsehole to racially motivated Hibs arsehole then the Wilson case is probably a good point of reference

https://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/john-wilson-8-months-for-not-assaulting-neil-lennon-why-its-fair-that-he-is-now-free/

A bit irresponsible of me - but I would quite like to see the security guards and gaggle of players being a bit slower to to come to the aid of a player being confronted. In most of these cases the weak, flabby, wasted arsehole that has run on to the pitch has already thought better of it and is shitting it by the time they come face to face with the Riordan/Lennon/Tavernier and would be on the end of a good hiding if people just stood back for 30 seconds. 

I appreciate this is unlikely to become official SPFL or Police Scotland policy for dealing with the problem.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Don't worry, he's joining Rangers soon. They're the victims of an institutional bias in Scottish football so Jordan won't be getting anymore opportunities to exercise his "creative game management skills".

Apparently under the new system clubs will face no punishment if they can prove they made necessary steps to help prevent crowd dissent.

Fucking hee-haw like everyone else predicted. I actually thought having glass bottles thrown would have led to change.

I'm an idiot.

19 hours ago, johnnydun said:

:lol: Imagine watching a sniper sitting up in the flood lights picking folk off.

He'll need to cut that nonsense oot next season.

• 2 weeks later...

BBC survey finds only 3 clubs support "strict liability" in SPFL... Partick, QotS and Annan. More disappointingly 17 clubs replied but without commenting and 8 clubs - including 5 Premiership teams (among them Celtic, Hearts and Rangers) - didn't reply at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47646210

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47705675

Archived