A View From The Terrace.

Is there some sort of "beef" between the OpenGoal intelligentsia and The Terrace? The former seem to have a real chip on their shoulder.
Think it was said on here that BBC Scotland apparently had a choice between Open Goal and The Terrace to commission for a TV show.

Is there some sort of "beef" between the OpenGoal intelligentsia and The Terrace? The former seem to have a real chip on their shoulder.

What makes you say this? Has something been said?

If it’s to do with being on TV I’ve asked Si Ferry that question. He said OpenGoal and The Terrace had both approached the BBC around the same time and BBC opted for The Terrace boys, but he was pretty much ‘fair play’ and seemed fairly amiable about it all.

What makes you say this? Has something been said?

If it’s to do with being on TV I’ve asked Si Ferry that question. He said OpenGoal and The Terrace had both approached the BBC around the same time and BBC opted for The Terrace boys, but he was pretty much ‘fair play’ and seemed fairly amiable about it all.

On the podcast they mentioned videos Paul “Slaney” Slane fizzing beers in to his own face and it getting ten thousand likes or something.
I’ve time for both, albeit very different, enjoyable for different reasons.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The Si Ferry stuff is awful. It started well and fizzled fast, they then got Paul Slane involved and he's a tit.

Can’t put it better myself.

Quite a few of the one on one interviews are a decent listen but the Other shows with Kyle, Slane, Macavennie are brutal. 

Old Firm mutants on twitter seem to take it personally that Open Goal got passed over. 

Edited by Skerla

I’m only basing this on the terrace podcast but the chemistry is much better. They sound genuinely like a group of mates speaking about football.

Open goal is si ferry trying really hard to make it light hearted and ‘banter’ but it’s so obviously put on. Plus it’s so OF focused it’s just boring.

Gid to see our da’ alive and well, cheers for that there.
Anyway, enjoyed the first episode back. Cove bit went on a wee bit long, no sure about the truth or lie bit either. Teller v Fowler and the social media bit decent, banker or bust good, two Duncan’s good and Johnny Flair WOOH

I also enjoyed it but in the opposite way - I quite liked the "panel show" style bit with the truth v lies (I do like trivia, facts and stats mind you) while I thought that was the weakest social media segment they've had; maybe there hasn't been enough funny stuff but talking about the fickle nature of online fans isn't exactly that interesting, original or, well, funny. The Two Duncans was still good though. A decent start to the new season.

I also enjoyed it but in the opposite way - I quite liked the "panel show" style bit with the truth v lies (I do like trivia, facts and stats mind you) while I thought that was the weakest social media segment they've had; maybe there hasn't been enough funny stuff but talking about the fickle nature of online fans isn't exactly that interesting, original or, well, funny. The Two Duncans was still good though. A decent start to the new season.

The stats that were true were quite interesting but not sure it was worthy of a segment. I enjoyed them pulling up the boy wanting Levein out then quoting Levein, but could understand the argument it alone really wasn’t worthy of a segment either.

2 hours ago, Skerla said:

Can’t put it better myself.

Quite a few of the one on one interviews are a decent listen but the Other shows with Kyle, Slane, Macavennie are brutal. 

Old Firm mutants on twitter seem to take it personally that Open Goal got passed over. 

This. I quite enjoy the one on one stuff as he often gets some fairly decent guests with some interesting stories. However the keeping the ball on the ground ones seem to consist of the first 10 minutes being inane "banter" and in jokes between them which would be annoying enough in itself but that combined with them incessantly laughing directly into the microphone at about 5 times the volume of anything else on the recording usually results in it getting switched off before they actually get to any football related chat. 

The terrace stuff I quite enjoy as they manage to cover most of Scottish football fairly equally without too much bias. I find myself skipping over a lot of the lower league stuff as it doesn't involve my own club but still think it's good for it to get a decent amount of coverage. The telly stuff I've not seen too much of living down south but watched last night's on iplayer this morning and it seemed alright so I'll try and stick with it. 

Edited by EH75

Si Ferry is a simpleton. He has about 3 questions that he uses on every person he interviews. 

‘What was the banter like in the dressing room?’

’Did the older boys take you under their wing?’ 

‘Did yous go out to the dancing?’ 

I stopped entertaining it when Derek Ferguson and Frank McAvennie became regular guests. 

I don’t get it. Is this inane drivel and banter representative of what young men today have become? What will they be like when they’re my age? At least I won’t be here to hear it. I know that many of my age aren’t great either but I also know that no one will reply because they’ll all be playing the new FIFA. default_tongue.png
What football show do you prefer? Are you a sportsound man?

Or football focus?

I'm 38 and for me this programme is miles better than anything that exists. It's funny and it's genuine. They know their stuff and they cover all the leagues - something other BBC shows often fall down on.