A View From The Terrace.

I like a lot of Simon Ferry's interviews. He gets a lot out of the folk he has on, even if he misses the chances to dig deeper sometimes (eg Garry O'Connor admitting to blood doping). I don't listen to the other ones because I know they won't be for me.

Same. Love the Open Goal interviews but the Keeping The Ball On The Ground podcast is utter baws. It had potential to be decent, but Paul Slaine is an utter fanny who ruins it and makes unlistenable.

What football show do you prefer? Are you a sportsound man?

Or football focus?

I'm 38 and for me this programme is miles better than anything that exists. It's funny and it's genuine. They know their stuff and they cover all the leagues - something other BBC shows often fall down on.

They’re all poor. Just seemed like a bunch of lads talking uninteresting stuff, much like every other Scottish show. They do cover more, I concede.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

What football show do you prefer? Are you a sportsound man?

Or football focus?

I'm 38 and for me this programme is miles better than anything that exists. It's funny and it's genuine. They know their stuff and they cover all the leagues - something other BBC shows often fall down on.

This was recently highlighted by Sportsound during the last international break when there were plenty of lower SPFL games going on at the usual Saturday afternoon time and they clearly didn't have a scooby how to deal with such an occassion where they couldn't fall back on Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen or Hearts.

That was a really good episode.

The Cove Rangers part did last a bit long, as others have said.  The rest of it worked well though.  I like when they do that devil's advocate thing of arguing daft cases.  They're pretty good at it, and they're quite an endearing bunch.

Up to now, I've never really got the enthusiasm for the Two Duncans.  This one was funny though.  The sheer small time awkwardness of it all was a delight.  The musical number at the end of the programme was also terrific.

All things considered, not bad at all.

Open Goal is 90% LadBible esque shite. The stuff involving Paul Slane is brutal and it astounds me the amount of folk who lap it up.

Some of the one on one interviews can be ok but it generally just descends into the usual night out chat. No one gives a f**k what pubs 80 year old Craig Brown used to frequent.

McGuigan playing to form again this week:

Banker: "Airdrie don't give a lot away... I expect Airdrie to sneak this one". 

Result: Airdrie sneak a last minute equaliser (2-2)

Bust: 

"Montrose just don't score goals... Whatever happens in this game, I don't think there'll be a lot of goals involved". 

Result: Montrose 4-3 Peterhead (highest scoring game in the land) 

Enjoyed that episode, and will probably get to enjoy a few others until they cotton on to the free VPN that can set it to UK. I enjoy the stuff they do in general, particularly the podcasts as I don't get too much Scottish football chat here.

Open Goal is 90% LadBible esque shite. The stuff involving Paul Slane is brutal and it astounds me the amount of folk who lap it up.  

Some of the one on one interviews can be ok but it generally just descends into the usual night out chat. No one gives a f**k what pubs 80 year old Craig Brown used to frequent.

Kind of attitude is annoying

Stuff involving Slane clearly isn't brutal it's just not to your taste, people aren't lapping it up they're just enjoying it

There'll be plenty of people who enjoy both so there's no point in AVFTT having a dig at Open Goal or vice versa

ETA: open goal couldn't be any further away from lad bible either

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stuff involving Slane clearly isn't brutal it's just not to your taste, people aren't lapping it up they're just enjoying it

There'll be plenty of people who enjoy both so there's no point in AVFTT having a dig at Open Goal or vice versa

You're very drunk.

Slane's patter is absolute horse shit anyone enjoying that isn't wired right, it's not even about taste.

I mean if you are into that sort of pish then by all means, wire in. I'm not sure what you mean by "that kind of attitude" tbh.

The Slaney stuff is absolutely brutal, no doubt about it. He's a fucking naebdy into the bargain.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I mean if you are into that sort of push then by all means, wire in. I'm not sure what you mean by "that kind of attitude" tbh.

The Slaney stuff is absolutely brutal, no doubt about it. He's a fucking naebdy into the bargain.

Remember who Lichtiebhoy1888 really supports, though.

I like both.

I've listened to the Terrace podcast for years and love AVFTT. Tell him he's pele is fantastic as well.

But, Open Goal is easy listening imo. It's not going to ever go in depth about football in Scotland the way the Terrace does but they play to an audience and there's nothing wrong with that.

Si Ferry's interviews are actually pretty decent to be fair and sometimes I think folk have a go at him before ever actually taking the time to really watch many of them.

Paul Slane is daft but again, he is just a guy having a bit of fun. He never claims to be some clued up guy with a wealth of knowledge on Scottish football.

Recently a *** in work was telling me about some hysterical thing he heard on Opengoal/Si&Slaney/Ball on the ground about Jonathan Sutherland getting called Johnny Sunderland. He was gutting himself laughing telling me it and I just didn’t get it.

But if I was to tell him something I thought was funny from AVFTT he probably wouldn’t get it and tell me he tried to watch it once and turned it off cause of they students/hipsters.

So each can cater to their own audience. I much prefer all things Terrace but Opengoal or whatever it is definitely has an audience.

24 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Recently a *** in work was telling me about some hysterical thing he heard on Opengoal/Si&Slaney/Ball on the ground about Jonathan Sutherland getting called Johnny Sunderland. He was gutting himself laughing telling me it and I just didn’t get it.

But if I was to tell him something I thought was funny from AVFTT he probably wouldn’t get it and tell me he tried to watch it once and turned it off cause of they students/hipsters.

So each can cater to their own audience. I much prefer all things Terrace but Opengoal or whatever it is definitely has an audience.

What kind of a fucking post is this for a Super Sunday? You’ll never incite any heads gone with this fence-sitting pish Scotty.

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

McGuigan playing to form again this week:

Banker: "Airdrie don't give a lot away... I expect Airdrie to sneak this one". 

Result: Airdrie sneak a last minute equaliser (2-2)

Bust: 

"Montrose just don't score goals... Whatever happens in this game, I don't think there'll be a lot of goals involved". 

Result: Montrose 4-3 Peterhead (highest scoring game in the land) 

Same with Skedd's future headline about Lyndon Dykes leading Livi to a victory over Hamilton

Hamilton 2 - Livingston 1....Lyndon Dykes misses the match through an injury sustained against the ranjurz