A View From The Terrace.

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'm 68 and have never missed a show. Your dad must be an old 67. I'm never turning into my parents and telling people to get a haircut and tell them to turn the music down. (Apart from tossers driving around with their car windows down letting everyone hear what they're listening to.)

And then they get out of the car and they're wearing shorts, in Scotland, in November.  !!!???

• 2 weeks later...
I met Craig G Telfer at a non-football sporting event, this weekend.   For my English money, he is both handsome and stylish.  He was very polite and personable, which was much appreciated.

What's the appeal of the show, for someone who has never even lived in Scotland?  Down here, there are loads of people who say we are supporters of a club.  In my case,  Liverpool FC.  However, we are now just followers who might make it back to Anfield for the odd game, if we can scrounge a spare ticket.  Ever heard of any team in the North West Counties Football League that I now watch?  You might have, if we had a show highlighting the joys of active participation with a wee film.

What originally started out as watching the show only to acquire some more patter, for discussing football with my Scottish mate (not much interest in the history of the floodlights at Somerset Park, down here), has changed somewhat.   Watching each new episode,  googling any unknown team mentioned in The Banker for the Scottish Cup, my mate telling me it has got to the stage that I have to chose a team to support and visiting some other grounds as a neutral,   Watch Landward, pick a nice wee spot for a break and find the local team.  Great breakfast rolls and pies in every location.  Kebab pies; pure genius.

I know other English folk who watch and wish AVFTT continued success.  However, there is one thing about the show that does puzzle me though.  How do loads of the guests not get the Alan Partridge reference?

1 minute ago, Red Kite said:
I met Craig G Telfer at a non-football sporting event, this weekend.   For my English money, he is both handsome and stylish.  He was very polite and personable, which was much appreciated.

What's the appeal of the show, for someone who has never even lived in Scotland?  Down here, there are loads of people who say we are supporters of a club.  In my case,  Liverpool FC.  However, we are now just followers who might make it back to Anfield for the odd game, if we can scrounge a spare ticket.  Ever heard of any team in the North West Counties Football League that I now watch?  You might have, if we had a show highlighting the joys of active participation with a wee film.

What originally started out as watching the show only to acquire some more patter, for discussing football with my Scottish mate (not much interest in the history of the floodlights at Somerset Park, down here), has changed somewhat.   Watching each new episode,  googling any unknown team mentioned in The Banker for the Scottish Cup, my mate telling me it has got to the stage that I have to chose a team to support and visiting some other grounds as a neutral,   Watch Landward, pick a nice wee spot for a break and find the local team.  Great breakfast rolls and pies in every location.  Kebab pies; pure genius.

I know other English folk who watch and wish AVFTT continued success.  However, there is one thing about the show that does puzzle me though.  How do loads of the guests not get the Alan Partridge reference?

^^^ forgot the password to his @Francesc Fabregas account IMO