Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

Guest DAVIDB69
They look tidy also but the belgians will massacre us.

Don’t forgot that would have been a free hit under strachan, only Scotland ever had these

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Russia won't drop points. A little noted point is Kazakhstan are shite, we were worse.
Tbf they looked really accomplished tonight. our shitness definitely made them look *really* good, but even without our gubbinsiness I'd say they are definitely better than shite. Hard to back that up given they've only ever won 4 games or something, but time will tell.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Russia won't drop points. A little noted point is Kazakhstan are shite, we were worse.

Tbf they looked really accomplished tonight. our shitness definitely made them look *really* good, but even without our gubbinsiness I'd say they are definitely better than shite. Hard to back that up given they've only ever won 4 games or something, but time will tell.

I think we will finish this group below cyprus and the khazaks 5th spot is looking likely, they were miles techincally better tonight the days of putting in a shift with no game plan or technical ability are over these so called diddy teams have caught us up and are now starting to leave us behind

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shite is harsh. They were quicker, stronger in the tackle, passed as well as they were allowed and took their chances. Russia can't be so bad to allow all that?

They’ve drawn at home to Romania and Poland in recent times, and club sides Astana and Kairat have had good European runs.

We seemed to have the attitude we were playing Gibraltar or San Marino here.

*deep breath*

I've just sobered up from the pub and realised that I didn't hallucinate 

Now, Scotland have to ask themselves why should McLeish stay in a job? Tonight was Israel 2.0 and against far inferior opposition. Now I believe he should stay in the job against San Marino - and if we don't win there then f**k me.

However, everything from the squad selection, through to the preparation, to the line up was utterly amateur.

No recognised Left-back in the squad - which is even more unforgivable considering Robbo was willing to play and pay for his own flight to Nursultan/Astana. No defensive midfielder in the Starting XI - exactly the type of role Shinnie could have played in if Robbo was  in the squad. Giving the Captaincy to CalMac was a woeful decision; I like him as a player, but he's hardly a player that's had to come through a lot of setbacks playing for Celtic everyweek.

The lack of changes at Half-Time was the final nail for me - slightly changing the shape, then two really crappy subs. At half-time McLeish should have thrown everything at Kazkhstan and if we lost 2-1, I still would be annoyed and angry but at least we may have showed fight and some grit to get back into it. This for me, is entirely why he should be given his notice.

Assuming every other name like Clarke doesn't want it I would suggest to give the job to Faddy for Cyprus and Belgium. Then Shelly Kerr after the Women's World Cup, where she'll have six games to salvage what is left.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

They’ve drawn at home to Romania and Poland in recent times, and club sides Astana and Kairat have had good European runs.

We seemed to have the attitude we were playing Gibraltar or San Marino here.

FOUR WINS IN TEN YEARS - They are fucking shit.

7 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

I would suggest to give the job to Faddy for Cyprus and Belgium. Then Shelly Kerr after the Women's World Cup, where she'll have six games to salvage what is left.

:lol:

45 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

He was a good left back at ICT, and has been decent enough for the small spells a few years back for AFC there.

Tonight though, whether he was just spooked after the bad start, he was all over the place positionally.

Sadly, the players that were no shows with a variety of fairly pathetic excuses are the ones who will be absolved from criticism - whereas Shinnie, who did very well when he came on at 3-2 and squeaky bum v Israel - has now had his reputation seriously tarnished with this one, by virtue of being an 11th hour stopgap at LB.

Sorry, I think he was awful tonight. He’s not International class in his own position never mind anywhere else.

I agree with you point about the call offs that let us down.

Archived