Revisiting old albums

The_Judge

• 10 months later...

Language.Sex.Violence.Other?

Listened to this over and over when I was 15, the first half of the album is peak 00's indie rock with a somewhat more sedate end. Still la fave but unsure how much nostalgia is playing into that.

Dokota is simply iconic so will always love it for that alone.

download.jpeg-7.jpg

Not exactly revisiting it (for me) anyway, however Troublegum was realised by Therapy? 30 years ago on Wednesday. It is just an absolute beast of an album, one of which I still listen to reguarly.

On 09/02/2024 at 22:03, superwell87 said:

Not exactly revisiting it (for me) anyway, however Troublegum was realised by Therapy? 30 years ago on Wednesday. It is just an absolute beast of an album, one of which I still listen to reguarly.

With a face like this I won't break any hearts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to Geogaddi by Boards of Canada. I don't like it. I find it boring as f**k mostly, and the parts that aren't boring are just creepy sounding, they have a threatening aura. They sound like the accompaniment to a bad acid trip.

I must be too low IQ for music without vocals. 1969 is the only song I like.

Edited by Jives Miguel

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting two 80s classics, The Waterboys 'This Is The Sea' and U2 'War'.

Both albums have been remastered at some stage.

The Waterboys album is an absolute classic, every song on it is absolutely fantastic. Strangely, I didn't get into this album via Whole of the Moon, I heard The Pan Within played constantly on a holiday in Greece. Whole of the Moon is an absolute belter of course, right up there with my favourite songs of all time.

The U2 album is a step back in time for me. Like so many, I gave up on U2 a long time ago, but hearing War again brings back memories of happy days of my youth, it's a really strong record and has aged a lot better than it has any right to. New Years Day is, like Whole of the Moon, one of my favourite songs of all time, the unedited version on this album is absolutely fantastic. Although War is a really good album, I firmly believe that the follow up 'The Unforgettable Fire' was U2 at their raw and creative peak, although many would disagree that 'The Joshua Tree' was the better album.

It's been great revisiting these albums on vinyl, been a while since I played either of them.

• 1 month later...