Motherwell vs St Johnstone

Any truth to the story Foster will miss this with injury?

Means we'll either have a back five involving Keown, or a back four with Shaughnessy at right back. Second option preferable. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Radford said:

Keown is injured. 

We'll just slot Comrie in to deal with Ariyibi. He has some big fans on here so I'm sure he won't let us down. @tree house tam @glenrothes 1884 saint

*shudder*

13 hours ago, Desp said:

Gillespie 

Tait Aldred Dunne Livingstone 

Grimshaw Gorrin Turnbull 

Frear Scott Ariyibi

A couple of changes after we had a few in the u21s on international duty, especially with Aberdeen and Rangers to come in the next week. 

Hopefully we'll see the return of Cadden from the bench too. 

2-1 Motherwell (Ariyibi & Turnbull) to keep the faint top six hopes alive for another few days. 

According to the Team News on the official site Scott's picked up a "minor" calf injury and won't be involved. Similarly their match preview suggests Cadden's not ready yet and is "unlikely" to feature.

Going by the way they've been framing their socials posts with Hastie and Campbell shown in training I'd think it'll be the usual XI we'll go with. In fact Hastie's IG seemed to suggest he was expecting to be playing.

Gillespie
Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait
Campbell Gorrin Turnbull
Hastie Main Ariyibi

It'd be good if we got some of the younger boys on the bench tbh Livingstone, Semple etc.

D21gHekXcAApojQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Keown is injured. 
We'll just slot Comrie in to deal with Ariyibi. He has some big fans on here so I'm sure he won't let us down. [mention=42397]tree house tam[/mention] [mention=4760]glenrothes 1884 saint[/mention]

Shaughnessy will play right back, which might actually be a blessing since he’ll be back into using his right foot. Also means we might see O’Halloran in front of him and he doesn’t exactly pose an attacking threat and I’d be instructing him to stay deep most of the time anyway.

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Keown is injured. 

We'll just slot Comrie in to deal with Ariyibi. He has some big fans on here so I'm sure he won't let us down. @tree house tam @glenrothes 1884 saint

:thumsup2 I’ve seen every minute of his first team appearances, and he’s done fine, bar a horror 45 at Killie, but Jones was on fire that day,was only bettered by Jack Wilson in the reserve games I’ve watched,8), still hopeful there’s a player there

10 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

2 changes from midweek. Goss and MoH in for Gordon and Callachan

Odd for me, tbh, as the two dropped were arguably our best players in that game.

Hard to argue with people who've talked about an over confidence seeping into our squad, seems to be players who know they wont be dropped regardless of form.

Odd for me, tbh, as the two dropped were arguably our best players in that game.
Hard to argue with people who've talked about an over confidence seeping into our squad, seems to be players who know they wont be dropped regardless of form.
Over confidence seeping into the squad ... That's your best one in a while. Utter tosh. If you know the manager or any of the players then you would be assured there is no such issue as over confidence within this squad.

I’m happy that I guessed the formation and it’s probably the one I’d have played, I can see why he had to take one of Callachan and Davidson out, we need someone who can actually control and pass a ball, it’s Davidson I’d have dropped though.

13 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’m happy that I guessed the formation and it’s probably the one I’d have played, I can see why he had to take one of Callachan and Davidson out, we need someone who can actually control and pass a ball, it’s Davidson I’d have dropped though.

Agree. Would have kept him and Gordon with Joe out. Don't have a major issuee with Kane starting but would be good to see Watt on sooner. Tommy not a man for subs before 75 minutes though. 

Hopeful rather than confident. 

45 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Over confidence seeping into the squad ... That's your best one in a while. Utter tosh. If you know the manager or any of the players then you would be assured there is no such issue as over confidence within this squad.

Opinions are opinions. Shaughnessy and Davidson have been underperforming throughout this entire run, and in a match playing beside their direct competitors for position, both fell short of that player. Not convinced its right that both get such a long leash in terms of performances when theres others performing better yet consistently dropped whenever a tactical change is called for.

Random observation alert, but Shaughnessy is playing RCB, with Kerr left, nice to see TW react to the way teams set up against us lately.

Not convinced that's a penalty in the slightest.

Probably justice done, tbh. I'll happily never see us win a penalty again, the amount weve missed this season is embarrassing. 

This has all the makings of a decent game, apart from a ref who blows for a foul every single time someone tries a tackle.

Curtis Main being built like a tank, yet crumpling to floor because someone has an arm on him, gets really boring.

Archived