Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 7th April

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Poor performance from Rangers so far. Playing like a team who know the league's done. Created absolutely zero apart from capitalising on two of the many, many errors of the well defence in that first half. Two great finishes from Arfield though.

Agree with this, would probably still be 0-0 but for Aldred's mis-control and Turnbull being robbed by Candeias.  They've contained Hastie and Ariyibi pretty well.  Katic isn't perfect but gives me slightly more confidence than Worral.

1 minute ago, Dinnie said:

Agree with this, would probably still be 0-0 but for Aldred's mis-control and Turnbull being robbed by Candeias.  They've contained Hastie and Ariyibi pretty well.  Katic isn't perfect but gives me slightly more confidence than Worral.

Katic is the better defender imo but there's not much between the two.

Makes more sense to start the player we paid £1.5m for in the summer rather than a loan signing.

Guest Moomintroll

Deary mucking fe, Livi could name their price if they wanted to give Motherwell defending lessons.

Youd have thought after the first 20 instances of Motherwell spreading their CBs wide and trying to play out from the back, and leaving a Rangers player unmarked clean through when they inevitably f**k up, theyd have learned and changed something.

Obviously not.

Did Motherwell genuinely think before the game that their best bet of beating Rangers was splitting the centre backs and passing the ball up through the entire team to score? Madness. And even if they did think that, as is mentioned above, surely after 20 minutes you'd realise that it wasn't.

I much preferred it when they didn't bother pretending they could play football and just went direct and bullied teams. That is how you get at Rangers, not by pretending to be Man City when you have cart horses in defence.

Archived