Relegation Confirmed - Utd v Falkirk

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

How much of a smile on your face did you have watching the highlights, be honest?

(It isn't shown but the Falkirk fans were standing on the wall at the end of the game losing their shit, very funny to watch.)

Falkirk's plight this season has been very amusing and I've enjoyed watching them struggle, none more so than when Stenhousemuir destroyed them in the Scottish Cup.

I still can't quite believe where Falkirk find themselves. To my mind, the club are a very good Championship side, one that's always looking to get into the top flight, and they always have been when I started following Stenny in 2004. What's happened over the past two years has been a disgrace at every level.

As I mentioned on another thread, I do hope the Bairns are relegated, but only if Stenhousemuir stay in League 1. If Falkirk come down and we drop into the basement division, I will be furious.

Falkirk's plight this season has been very amusing and I've enjoyed watching them struggle, none more so than when Stenhousemuir destroyed them in the Scottish Cup.
I still can't quite believe where Falkirk find themselves. To my mind, the club are a very good Championship side, one that's always looking to get into the top flight, and they always have been when I started following Stenny in 2004. What's happened over the past two years has been a disgrace at every level.
As I mentioned on another thread, I do hope the Bairns are relegated, but only if Stenhousemuir stay in League 1. If Falkirk come down and we drop into the basement division, I will be furious.
What did we do to hurt you brother?

You'd think Tim Hortons opening would have helped them get over Cowans closing, but apparently not. 
I am trying to be nice to him for now. Discovered today that Mrs B went to school with Mr Fabregas and speaks highly of him. If they make it big then my plan will be to blackmail my way onto the telly using whatever she knows about his undoubtedly ropey past.

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Lewis who is the main commentator is actually very good all things considered.

He's not, he's fucking dreadful

How many times a game does he just randomly shout out 'penalty ref, surely' for no real reason?

Stenny fans really seem to hate us for some reason. I may be wrong but I cannot think of us ever doing them any wrong in my 45 years of following the Bairns.

I was once in their wee bar in the main stand at Ochilview and the walls are covered with pennants from very near every club you can think of apart from Falkirk. I asked Margaret who works for the Warriors why this was and you would think I had just shat in her kettle the look she gave me.

I honestly have no ill feelings towards any of the local clubs unless of course they are playing us.

24 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You've only been a fan since 2004?

What were you before that?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You've only been a fan since 2004?

What were you before that?

Only really followed English football (chiefly the Arsenal Football Club) until I started going to Stenhousemuir at the end of the 2003/04 season when they were already relegated into the Third Division. I went to the big games during the Scottish Cup run of 1995 when I was a wee boy but only got the bug for it when I was 17.

31 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Only really followed English football (chiefly the Arsenal Football Club) until I started going to Stenhousemuir at the end of the 2003/04 season when they were already relegated into the Third Division. I went to the big games during the Scottish Cup run of 1995 when I was a wee boy but only got the bug for it when I was 17.

EPL fanboy to bottom tier fan in Scotland - a Damascene conversion.

My word.  I've been of a mind that Falkirk might beat County next week - everything to play for up against a side with one eye on Ibeefa and half the reserves starting - but, after seeing those highlights, a couple of corners and a well worked throw in and County will be cruising.  
There are four Falkirk defenders apparently marking each other for that first goal.  I genuinely can't tell if that was zonal-gone-wrong or total inability to man mark.  Either way, lordy, I hope there are tapes and I hope those tapes are on Kettleson's desk.

And I do like that chance where the right back thinks about trying to get back in position, and then decides he can't be arsed.
Yeah, that's relegation defending right there.  

Amazingly enough that is our attempt at man marking. You can see the corner before the goal we let Reynolds get a free header then obviously Bouhenna for the goal.

Wouldn’t even expect to see defending that bad at amateur level.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Stenny fans really seem to hate us for some reason. I may be wrong but I cannot think of us ever doing them any wrong in my 45 years of following the Bairns.

I was once in their wee bar in the main stand at Ochilview and the walls are covered with pennants from very near every club you can think of apart from Falkirk. I asked Margaret who works for the Warriors why this was and you would think I had just shat in her kettle the look she gave me.

I honestly have no ill feelings towards any of the local clubs unless of course they are playing us.

:lol:

My top 5 pieces of Falkirk defending in the first half hour of the game would be

5. Reynolds free header from a corner

4. Whoever the carthorse CB was who got his pants pulled down by Safranko giving him the nuts

3. Falkirk LB allowing McMullan wander past him for the second goal

2. Same LB allowing MacMullan to wander past him to header the parried shot. If McMullan had a neck that was a third goal

1. Bouhennas goal. A true masterclass in stauesque defending.

16 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Only if you view the world solely through the prism of Pie & Bovril I’d suggest.

13 minutes ago, bud1876 said:
24 minutes ago, LargsTON said:
Everyone hates Falkirk tbh.  I'd even suggest you're the most loathed club outside of the Old Firm.   

Dont mind that one bit to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

This pleases me so much.

None of you will get a wink of sleep tonight.  Fooling nobody.  Doon!

Ken the only folk in real life I know who hate Falkirk.....

**** from Falkirk who are overcompensating for the fact that they either leave town and travel miles, or dont even bother and remain armchaired, to get their football.

No reason. Just hate us cos they need a reason why they dont support us.