Saints vs Saintees 27/4/19

Still not sure what to make of our defending for the goal. At the end of the day, it's a huge punt into the box and a pairing as component as Kerr and Clark should be dealing with it between them. It's a wonderful strike that the (tiny, very small, tinpot) away support probably had the best view of. Absolutely sweet. 

Thought the home support was excellent, big numbers, great backing and a loud noise. And if it also makes you feel better to belittle our support then batter on. 

To pick some positives for Saints, I thought Liam Craig was decent. You just wonder where our season might have gone if Tommy Wright had kept faith with a player that was having a good season, rather than bring in Sean Goss. 

Other than that? Centre backs were alright, full backs were alright and the two main subs made a decent impact. 

On the flip side, after two good performances against Dundee, Hendry was swallowed up a bit and I'd have had him off not long after half-time. O'Halloran is still so far off it too. Even trapping the ball seems a task for him at the moment, let alone getting turned and running with it.

Just want the next three games out of the way to be honest. 

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Inject this straight into my veins 

It's interesting st Mirren fans want to belittle St Johnstone in this way. And then I did a wee bit of digging on the way up the road out of curiosity.

If you include this season, as 10th is realistically their best finish, St Mirren's best league seasons have been finishing 8th in the top league on 2 occasions (TWO) in the past thirty (30) seasons.

Other than those two stellar seasons, their next best is 10th a few times. A lot of 11th and 12th's as well. And 16 seasons in the division below.

Now I take no pleasure in highlighting these facts, but I was quite shocked at how shite they actually are.

No wonder their fans are bouncing at getting a 1-1 draw at home to us in what was nothing more than an end of season workout for St Johnstone.

The chance of 10th is still within your grasp buddies, shoot for those stars...

18 minutes ago, Radford said:

To pick some positives for Saints, I thought Liam Craig was decent. You just wonder where our season might have gone if Tommy Wright had kept faith with a player that was having a good season, rather than bring in Sean Goss. 

Very much so.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Saintees are absolutely seething about this crowd chat.

Just enjoying the banter my man.

I think most Saints fans quite like it when fans of teams who are pretty pish at playing football bring up the importance of how many people turn up to witness how pish you are at playing football.

Good backing from the st Mirren crowd in the second half though, a far cry from the days not so long ago when all you heard was booooooooooooooooo.

Another comeback to take a point, that's 3 games in a row we've come from behind  :oohlala which just wasn't happening earlier in the season - shows there's great spirit in the squad currently! :clapping

Just need to do the comeback stuff without losing the first goal next week! :wacko:

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Your lot sing our songs and have even started playing the Skids before kick off. Total imposters.

We are rightly the Saints, due to Perth formerly being called St John’s toon. What is your reason?

Please go down in the play offs. St Mirren bring nothing to the top league.

Lol terrible away support on par with Hamilton. Don't get behind the team until the score. A team full of hatchet men , organised to stop teams playing and bore fans no wonder your stadium looks empty all the time with no atmosphere. 

23 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Lol terrible away support on par with Hamilton. Don't get behind the team until the score. A team full of hatchet men , organised to stop teams playing and bore fans no wonder your stadium looks empty all the time with no atmosphere. 

18 minutes ago, Silvio said:

236 away fans. 

Looking forward to another Premiership season. You?

22 minutes ago, Silvio said:

236 away fans. 

For a friendly.

You're getting better crowds now because you're only a few places off your best league position in 30 years.

We're a regular top 6 club used to battling for Europe, battling for 7th is miles below a club of our stature.

Spoiler

Battling for 7th, can you lads even imagine a time when you'll be able to say such a thing? :)

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

For a friendly.

You're getting better crowds now because you're only a few places off your best league position in 30 years.

We're a regular top 6 club used to battling for Europe, battling for 7th is miles below a club of our stature.

Reveal hidden contents

Battling for 7th, can you lads even imagine a time when you'll be able to say such a thing? :)

I love my shitey team. Give me some yoyo seasons with cracking promotion campaigns and a major trophy every 25 years or so and I'll be fine.

You can have your 7th place finishes and one major trophy every 100 years.

Oh, and your 236 fans.