Saints vs Saintees 27/4/19

6 hours ago, saint sid said:

i was working with a couple of paisley guys ,1 was a tim & 1 was a ***,  when i asked the tim if he cared about st mirren at al?,, he said" f**k them, they are just **** without the bus fare", which is exactly what you lot say about motherwell :lol:

I was gonna ask the *** the same question, but weirdly and in tune with this thread, he took his motorbike out for a spin and skidded on a dogshit and broke his wrist, so he was off for a few weeks:lol:

https://twitter.com/_dhotya?lang=en

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Erm, I'm not sure you understand how this works.

Given one of the games is a head-to-head, it's still in both our hands.

I understand it all too well as you can only overtake us(I reckon you may do so next two weeks but we will reverse it at Paisley)if we fcuk it up.

Just now, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I understand it all too well as you can only overtake us(I reckon you may do so next two weeks but we will reverse it at Paisley)if we fcuk it up.

Ah, so you DO understand that our fate is in our own hands.

Glad we agree.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

0-4

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Santa exists. 

Tbf we're due an away win, we're due to pump someone, and O'Halloran is well overdue to end a left backs career.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf we're due an away win, we're due to pump someone, and O'Halloran is well overdue to end a left backs career.

I've a feeling that will have to wait until next year. Boy's not there yet. 

From TW's interview on Saints TV it sounds like we're going 3 at the back to match up. 

Draw, and a pish one at that. 

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Got a new one just for you...

16vmpl.gif

I mean, you've posted this 9 times in this thread alone, if anything you're just highlighting your own simple mindedness at this stage.

32 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm just surprised it only made number 2.

Apparently it got to the top Tam, and deservedly so..

In the UK, the song was released by The Wurzels, an act from Somerset with a rustic West Country style which they called "Scrumpy and Western". It reached number one on 12 June 1976 and stayed there for two weeks.

14 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I've a feeling that will have to wait until next year. Boy's not there yet. 

From TW's interview on Saints TV it sounds like we're going 3 at the back to match up. 

Draw, and a pish one at that. 

Suppose we done that last year with Joe/Ando/Kerr, wonder if TW feels it's better to start new CB partnerships with a 3rd more experienced option beside them?  Shaughnessy was alright last week aswell, I suppose.

If we go back three then...

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Callachan - Craig

Kennedy

Kane - Hendry 

If I could choose...

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser 

MOH - Callachan - Craig - Kennedy 

Kane - Hendry 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suppose we done that last year with Joe/Ando/Kerr, wonder if TW feels it's better to start new CB partnerships with a 3rd more experienced option beside them?  Shaughnessy was alright last week aswell, I suppose.

If we go back three then...

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Callachan - Craig

Kennedy

Kane - Hendry 

If I could choose...

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser 

MOH - Callachan - Craig - Kennedy 

Kane - Hendry 

I would agree with your 4-4-2, that seems to be emerging as our strongest team.  However it highlights how deficient we are up top and in the centre mid. If we get those positions sorted in the summer and a reasonable back-up CB/FB, I'd be quite happy TBH. That also assumes that Drey comes back as at least 90% of the player that he was. 

TW seems intent on the matching up strategy. Suppose that it's useful to get match time in playing a different formation but I've never felt its a good shape for us. Foster and Tanser are coming back to a bit of form but I'm not sure they're quite good enough as overlapping full-backs in terms of delivery into the box, and MOH isn't ready yet. It also encourages us to sit deep which is when we've lost goals and leads this year (although admittedly Joe wasn't right). 

D5KR4FAW4AA6v4p.thumb.jpeg.a72be95351b7c0d34eb4b8e25449821f.jpeg

Very happy with that line up.

Gordon and Kerr get their long overdue chance together, Hendry trusted as a lone striker ahead of Kane, and Davidson comes into the team without Callachan being sacrificed.

Cant blame the manager if the performance isnt there today, rewarded players playing well.

The change in refereeing since the split is bewildering. 

Any tackle against Saints is treated how it would be in a friendly, any foul from Saints is an instant booking. Was the exact same shite last week.

Ball out the park, St Mirren defender shoves Saints attacker over the hoarding.

Wry smile from ref.

Bouncing ball in the middle of the park, both players go in with high feet, St Mirren free kick and ref charges over and starts wagging his finger at Saints player.

Mental.

Do Foster and Craig ever shut the f**k up? [emoji23]. Serious anger issues.

McLean is struggling to keep control of it here.

StJohnstone look a decent team, definitely aren't on their summer holidays by the looks of it. Both teams unfortunate not to score, think Davidson should have done better with his chance.

HT 0-0

Bout right really, neither team did enough to be ahead.

St J had best chance when they broke through, finish wide though. We then hit the post with one of those over hit crossed free kicks.

Bit disappointed with us. Feel like we should be doing more at home against a team that’s on the beach when we have so much to play for, especially with Accies winning.

Big second half coming up.

Archived