Motherwell vs St Mirren, 3pm, 04/05/19

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:
Had thought about something like that - but will be going along with my dad - and we unfortunately don't see eye to eye on politics emoji38.png

Didn't realise there is politics involved! He could get on the same train at Central low level.

Big Indy march.

Will probably drive - and keep the talk on sports!

34 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

What a difference with provincial central belt fans compared to that aloof Perth fans.  Looking forward to seeing the lad Turnbull he looks a special talent. Have you got him contracted for a while he could bring you a decent income. 

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I reckon we are more suited to playing away from home with Oran’s favoured formation. Having said that it’s a damn hard shift for wee Danny Mullen up there on his own in the last couple of games. 

Jackson has looked lively when he’s come off the bench and Kyle Magennis gives us that bit of quality that we’ve missed all season. 

We need the 3 points as I think Dundee will beat Hamilton.

Have to say, despite it being quite effective in recent times, I hate his favoured formation. It's 5-4-1 no way of dressing it up & quite a brutal watch. Saturday first half we were ridiculously poor and a lot of that was down to having no out ball. We should've closed down as soon as they crossed the half-way line but Craig had all the time in the world 10 yards into our half to pick out a pass. I think he needs to ditch it and go 4-2-3-1 as we seemed to do half way through the first half with Popescu in midfield. Only issue is if Mackenzie is playing he is then left exposed, it was fine against St Johnstone as their lone striker was ineffective. I can't see him having an easy time against the best side in the bottom 6. 

I would put Magennis in for Mackenzie and try attack more. I'd also be tempted to drop McGinn or Lyons for McAllister. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

A scrappy draw with a few niggling injuries/suspensions for the Maureens please.

I reckon thst a scrappy win for Saints here would be in the best interests of Scottish football.

Agree about the niggling injuries though. 

Unlikely that Accies aren't going to take at least something out of their game with those useless c***s accross the road and we want don't want them getting too far ahead of the Maureens.

Want them both to be scrapping tooth and nail to the last minute to try to avoid 11th spot, and having no time to rest their best players.

* Good for us if we are lucky enough to make it to the playoff final.

8 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Genuinely looking forward to going along to the latest instalment of the David Turnbull show.

Michael Stewart likes this.

If stmirren finish up in the play offs who would saints fans want to go up against? Hopefully we can remain in the premier though. Coys.

Ayr. We do like a trip to the seaside over the years and they are not the force they were during the first half of the season. And I can walk there.

20 hours ago, Swello said:

Interesting to see what kind of game this turns out to be - conventional wisdom would have it that the team with something to play for would be "more up for it" than the team that are practically on holiday - but in the last two games against Accies and Dundee, it simply wasn't the case.

Accies were seemingly happy to join us in playing at testimonial pace (or more accurately, that bit in a testimonial when the player's kids come on for a kickabout) - and in the Dundee game on Saturday, we were the team playing with most urgency in the latter stages when you'd think a team in the grubber would be the ones doing it - doubly so against 10 men. 

St Mirren from what I've seen look a bit more up for it - and that could help them as we are playing some lovely football but look a bit powderpuff other than that - I think a team that were in battle mode would probably win against us..

The only thing I'll say with confidence is that we can't be any worse than the last game at Fir Park in December - that was properly shite and (almost) the low point of our league form.

Only 9 games ago we were 5 points behind Dundee now we are 7 in front so we are up for it and have momentum. With a bit of luck we should be above Hamilton by now but we threw away points up at Perth recently (missed early penalty followed but a gift goal) and more recently away to Hamilton where we squandered 4 easy chances in the first half. However it is what it is. Motherwell were poor in December and we still had a Stubbs' team playing to get us the win. Motherwell have improved a lot since then and so have we.

On Saturday we looked very nervous in the first 30 mins which hasn't been like us recently. Maybe nerves are a  bit raw now. Difficult game to call. It won't be easy but we did it the last time in Motherwell when we had to (2-3). Hopefully more of the same as I can see us really improve next season if Oran gets a chance to continue to build a squad.

My arse is already making buttons. 

Getting flashbacks of 2007 - the full rollercoaster of emotions from relegation to survival and everything in between. 

Add in the Motherwell fans chucking their empty season books on the park in protest at the last home game of the season to top it off. 

Don't think my heart or undercrackers could take another day like that - especially after last week's finish. Lovely comfortable 2-0 away win vs 10 men would be perfect but we all know there's going to be a shitload of drama. 

We seem to have taken a pretty carefree attitude towards defending lately so the chances of us keeping a clean sheet are slim. We're pretty much on the beach and though it was a good laugh there was a training game feel to our performance on Saturday. It kind of felt like we went up a couple of gears because we had to after chucking in cheap goals.

Our league record at home since the turn of the year is very decent though. We've only lost once at Fir Park in the league since the winter break (to Rangers, where we gift wrapped 3 goals).

Presumably McHugh comes in for Ally Gorrin but I'd imagine we'll stick with the same side otherwise, especially after James Scott got his first senior goal.

Gillespie
Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait
Campbell McHugh Turnbull
Cadden Scott Ariyibi

Semple and Livingstone on the bench please.

1-1 IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

My arse is already making buttons. 

Getting flashbacks of 2007 - the full rollercoaster of emotions from relegation to survival and everything in between. 

Add in the Motherwell fans chucking their empty season books on the park in protest at the last home game of the season to top it off. 

Don't think my heart or undercrackers could take another day like that - especially after last week's finish. Lovely comfortable 2-0 away win vs 10 men would be perfect but we all know there's going to be a shitload of drama. 

We need the win on Saturday, a point might not be a disaster depending on what happens at Dens. We certainly can’t afford to lose but with only two remaining games to go after this one against Hamilton and Dundee we must at the very least not lose any ground on Hamilton.

Im already feeling the nerves and it’s only wed ....:shutup