Caster Semenya

10 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Only because they fucked up yen years ago and permitted her to run with women before they realised the implications.

She's a woman in every regard, that's not in dispute. What is in dispute is that its in any way fair to permit her to compete in events that are participated in almost exclusively by biological and physiological birth females.

Enormous difference between sex and gender. She's female in gender, identifies and lives as a woman, as is her absolute right. She's still physiolocally so different to 'cis' women though that its palpably ludicrous to expect them to compete with her on fair terms.

Everyone keeps talking about what's fair for other athletes, nobody mentioning what's fair for Semenya. Her track career could be over here purely because of her genetics, hows that fair?  Biological advantage is present all throughout sport, I reckon you could point to it in just about every sport tbh. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The only suggestions of racism I've seen on this matter are on P&B.

I don't think you can be looking very hard then, pretty much the whole of South Africa are calling it out as racism. The "second white" comment is absolutely, undeniably racist too. She felt like a silver medalist because only 1 white person beat her. I fail to see how that can be defended.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think you can be looking very hard then, pretty much the whole of South Africa are calling it out as racism. The "second white" comment is absolutely, undeniably racist too. She felt like a silver medalist because only 1 white person beat her. I fail to see how that can be defended.

I lose again. Well done, sir.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:56, Herman Hessian said:

figures published yesterday stated that male testosterone levels vary from  7.7 to 29.4 nmol/L, so one bloke can have pretty much four times 'as much' as another - how does this compare to the 'Semenya > other women' disparity ?

having done a bit of digging, it transpires that 'most women, including elite female athletes, have natural testosterone levels of 0.12 to 1.79 nmol/L' (sauce = the New York Times)

Semenya, as I understand it 'has levels which register on the male spectrum' so, I imagine, a minimum of 7.7 - that would indicate that her readings are at the very least 4.3 times greater than any woman she was to compete against, more than the maximum 'natural' imbalance between testosterone-laden male athletes and their less fully-loaded contemporaries

so basically it's like Daley Thompson at the peak of his powers competing against st winifred's school choir (including the nun and half dozen token boys)

still think the ruling against her is wrong, though; her entirely natural advantage should no more be mitigated against by crass rulings than Deandre Dayton, Rudy Gobert and the like being forced to play NBA matches on their knees to nullify their natural height advantage over shorter players...

There is a quote from the IAAF here which is interesting:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/iaaf-deny-report-they-want-to-classify-caster-semenya-as-biological-male-1.3793029%3fmode=amp

If the benefits (bone density etc) are gained through puberty then is reducing the testosterone levels now going to make much difference? Reducing it to 5 nmol/L still also seems a lot higher than found in natural female levels.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

The issue is the IAAF decision is based on evidence from one paper that says there is a small but statistically significant effect of testosterone on female performance only in 400 and 800m.

ebbe.jpg

... like whether she has a knob or not.

Don't see what the problem was. Big Nathaniel had 10x the testosterone of anyone else and was still permitted to play for us:

DhLxOXDWsAInXuX.jpg&key=a1aa187a61b018adbba92bc7d140027142e84cf393d2ea423798829f19412f64

He’s fucking pish though. Caster Semenya’s granny is probably faster than Nat.

Really not getting the Serena Williams love here, it’s a wid not from me.

Its intrigue for me. What nick would I be left in by someone that athletic and powerful..... Its a wid from me, followed by a minimum of seven days self cert and a probable doctors line.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Its intrigue for me. What nick would I be left in by someone that athletic and powerful..... Its a wid from me, followed by a minimum of seven days self cert and a probable doctors line.

I wouldn't know where to start, or where she'd start with me.  I'm sure she'd be devastated to know that I'm out on this one.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Really not getting the Serena Williams love here, it’s a wid not from me.

Whats not to like? 

I like tits. I like arses. I like thighs. 

I dont like fat bellies. 

She ticks all those boxes. 

rs_634x1024-140416162027-634.Serena-Williams-Bikini-Beach-Miami.ms.041614.jpg

Edited by whiskychimp