Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

Many cyclists also appear to have started identifying themselves as a persecuted minority with a superiority complex and therefore think that they deserve special treatment and all of their anti-social law-breaking can be excused on that basis.

Enough about Celtic football club and it’s supporters.

I was referring to the delusion that cycling makes them into Adonis-like supermen while car drivers are fat, sweaty slobs who belch profusely while watching Top Gear.

I’ll confess to not always obeying the highway code and i freely admit to you all today that i do so mostly becuase i can get away with it, although a road user by law i still feel like I’m somewhere in limbo between pedestrian and driver and so sometimes flip between the 2 to suit myself.
Sometimes on my early morning route to work (5.30 am) i go through red lights if there’s nothing coming . But thats the only time i ever do that as its generally not clever . I sometimes go up on the pavement to avoid going round roundabouts in the traffic, i go the wrong way up one way streets and other wee things that i would never dream of doing in the car . If i done it right in front of the police then they could fine me but thats pretty much it . Not getting penalty points and the subsequent hit on insurance premiums is the single biggest reason I decide to chance it ! Sorry
Other than that I’m pretty sound. Some cycle paths would shake all your fillings oot and burst yer tyres , others have you giving way at every side road junction whhen the main carriageway has right of way. These are pish so i dont bother with them. But if they’re good i use them. Nobody wants to be baw deep in traffic anyway. I mostly just stick to backroads when out for fun anyway.
It’s important never to take any shite from c***s in motors. Many just don’t see you as they’re equal but at the end of the day I’ve got every right to be there and if they don’t like it that’s their problem. My actions &mistakes could piss them off whilst theirs could kill me . It’s that simple so let a c**t know when he’s being a c**t!
Hope that helps with anyone’s queries.
Also i have a 1.6 litre diesel honda civic which is a band A for VED meaning I don’t pay any tax for my car either
Get it fucking right up the lot of you!

I was on my bike during the good weather and for the first time ever I had to get off my bike to calm down a woman in a BMW X5 over took my at the apex of this corner and half way round a similarly huge car came the other way just about knocking me into the verge. I have never been nearly killed by a bicycle.

Screenshot_20190521-231230.jpg

1 minute ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Image result for did you aye meme dog

Sadly, yes. I don't think it's that unbelievable tbh. She was almost certainly speeding but clearly had poor control of her oversized vehicle.

9 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I just don't believe cyclists as a collective.   Doesn't mean you're all unable to tell the truth!  It's just the vast vast majority of cyclists are absolute scumbags as I'm sure you're aware.  

As a driver who cycles I have seen plenty morons in both camps but the bigger the vehicle the drive the more careful you should be as the more damage you can inflict. Anyway as you don't cycle why not have a read of this? Might make you jump on a bike :)https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2018/10/09/cyclists-are-better-drivers-than-motorists-finds-study/

Why do the mods allow that tedious p***k PB back under his multiple aliases (that he hilariously claims is because he lost his password)? This thread alone must be the 4th or 5th version of the same thing.

Get this boring c**t banned. His act was never funny

14 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Hopefully this happened at the road when it falls sharply towards the harbour when you reach the village.  That genuinely would give me a semi

If only. Nah it was a mile or so after the Kilmarie car park. Fucker went straight past a passing space on his side and gestured me to go back. It was worth the 5 minute delay to see the seething c**t try to reverse back to it. 

I’ll confess to not always obeying the highway code and i freely admit to you all today that i do so mostly becuase i can get away with it, although a road user by law i still feel like I’m somewhere in limbo between pedestrian and driver and so sometimes flip between the 2 to suit myself.

Sometimes on my early morning route to work (5.30 am) i go through red lights if there’s nothing coming . But thats the only time i ever do that as its generally not clever . I sometimes go up on the pavement to avoid going round roundabouts in the traffic, i go the wrong way up one way streets and other wee things that i would never dream of doing in the car . If i done it right in front of the police then they could fine me but thats pretty much it . Not getting penalty points and the subsequent hit on insurance premiums is the single biggest reason I decide to chance it ! Sorry

Other than that I’m pretty sound. Some cycle paths would shake all your fillings oot and burst yer tyres , others have you giving way at every side road junction whhen the main carriageway has right of way. These are pish so i dont bother with them. But if they’re good i use them. Nobody wants to be baw deep in traffic anyway. I mostly just stick to backroads when out for fun anyway.

It’s important never to take any shite from c***s in motors. Many just don’t see you as they’re equal but at the end of the day I’ve got every right to be there and if they don’t like it that’s their problem. My actions &mistakes could piss them off whilst theirs could kill me . It’s that simple so let a c**t know when he’s being a c**t!

Hope that helps with anyone’s queries.

Also i have a 1.6 litre diesel honda civic which is a band A for VED meaning I don’t pay any tax for my car either

Get it fucking right up the lot of you!

Amazed by the amount of Lycra wearing cycle wankers who freely admit to breaking the law and causing dangerous situations just because they feel like it.

4 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Police Scotland using their time and resources wisely today in Holyrood Park.

Looks like they’d gone dogging then decided to do some police work when the car park was quiet.

On 22/05/2019 at 06:54, Romeo said:

Amazed by the amount of Lycra wearing cycle wankers who freely admit to breaking the law and causing dangerous situations just because they feel like it.

how do you know I wear  lycra ; ) ?

also I don't get the common phrase that police should be doing something better with their time than persuing motoring offences , you can kill someone quite easily by being careless or reckless in a motor vehicle, although that can it does happen on bicycle it is very rare 

15 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Police Scotland using their time and resources wisely today in Holyrood Park.

Personally I'd much rather they were using their time stopping football busses to search for bottles of Mad Dog and cheap lager.

• 8 months later...

I've been a driver for 25 years and yet I really don't understand the hatred of cyclists. I've witnessed perhaps half a dozen times where a cyclist has been a total dick - endangering either himself or other road users (including one time when one tried to snake down in between two lanes of traffic and knocked off at least one wing mirror). Far fewer times than I've witnessed dickish behaviour from a driver. 

The hatred of them dodging red lights I don't get either. It usually frees up the road better for cars and plenty of other countries allow drivers to proceed on a red if it's safe. 

And aye, it can take a bit of time to overtake cyclists on certain roads at times, but no more so than other slow moving vehicles, such as horses, kerb-crawlers or bin lorries. 

Mon the cyclists.