European Election - 23rd May 2019

Enigma

Listened to Abbott on Radio 4 this morning, f**k me sideways! Despite Labour being fucking decimated at a time when they should have been steamrollering the Tories & it being clear that the Tories were punished from 2 sides (Remainers & Ultra-Brexiteers), they (or Abbott in this particular instance) still manage to come across to be all mealy mouthed & non-committal on where they actually stand on a 2nd referendum. Never ever thought I’d say this, but I hope Labour are absolutely gunned by the Lib Dems in the event of a GE being called. Fuckers.

Remember when UKIP got the biggest vote in the previous European elections?  What happened to them at the next GE?
Farage left them did he not?

Or was he still their leader?

He's got a real following now, and is playing the trump game very, very well. There was an outstanding piece by a sky news reporter (don't know his name) from a farage rally that showed just how trump-like he is at the moment.

They're turning on the mainstream media and shouting about fake news and the like.

If brexit is not delivered then I think that c**t could possibly end up being pm (as insane as that sounds).

29 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Listened to Abbott on Radio 4 this morning, f**k me sideways! Despite Labour being fucking decimated at a time when they should have been steamrollering the Tories & it being clear that the Tories were punished from 2 sides (Remainers & Ultra-Brexiteers), they (or Abbott in this particular instance) still manage to come across to be all mealy mouthed & non-committal on where they actually stand on a 2nd referendum. Never ever thought I’d say this, but I hope Labour are absolutely gunned by the Lib Dems in the event of a GE being called. Fuckers.

What I don't get is that there is obviously a really clear gap for a pro-remain party and Labour could easily have made up the losses they may have had in Brexiteers with those who are remain or even those who are unsure but prefer the status quo.  The Lib Dems are trying to fill that gap but don't have peoples trust anymore (yet still came out of the euro elections well despite this). 

The Labour policy of sitting on the fence was never going to appeal to anyone, because nobody thinks some hashed together middle ground compromise is what they want for the country or whats best for it. I suspect people are also now in fairly firm remain or leave camps, so again - they are not talking to anyone with their position here.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

He was leader and and lost his 7th attempt to become an MP. UKIP went from winning the Euros in 2014 with only 5 less seats than Brexit managed this time, to getting one seat in 2015 which was won by its previous MP who switched from the Tories. He's a one trick pony, that's why Brexit doesn't have a manifesto, they don't have any policies other than smash the EU and aren't foreigners horrid. 

Can anyone explain why Farage and that shambling, senile old bodybag Widdecombe are demanding “a seat at the table” in the (closed) EU negotiations? I thought their platform was just to leave with no deal on WTO terms. What’s to negotiate?
Because they got a third of a third of the electorate to vote for them?

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, Antlion said:
Can anyone explain why Farage and that shambling, senile old bodybag Widdecombe are demanding “a seat at the table” in the (closed) EU negotiations? I thought their platform was just to leave with no deal on WTO terms. What’s to negotiate?

Not in a GE they didn't (and they didn't anyway. It was a third of 48% or whatever).

They have a right to be heard as MEP's in Brussels. They have no right to interfere in Westminster (or Holyrood) business.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, Antlion said:

I didn’t ask why they feel they have the right to join negotiations - I asked why they want to join them. Their stated policy is to walk away from the EU - to leave on WTO terms, to “crash out without a deal”.

Yet in both Widdecombe and Farage’s speeches as the results were announced, they stated that they want to join the negotiating team. Why? That’s a bit like stating you absolutely don’t want to buy a car and are leaving the showroom whilst giving the vicky, but also demanding to haggle over its price with the seller.

31 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I didn’t ask why they feel they have the right to join negotiations - I asked why they want to join them. Their stated policy is to walk away from the EU - to leave on WTO terms, to “crash out without a deal”.

Yet in both Widdecombe and Farage’s speeches as the results were announced, they stated that they want to join the negotiating team. Why? That’s a bit like stating you absolutely don’t want to buy a car and are leaving the showroom whilst giving the vicky, but also demanding to haggle over its price with the seller.

It's a reality TV show for both of them. Just like Trump. They're just want to be televised at the top table ranting at the "elites".

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a reality TV show for both of them. Just like Trump. They're just want to be televised at the top table ranting at the "elites".

Aye, salt of the earth, our Nige. Real man of the people. 

C5D98C4D-286F-4756-9D08-84FDF9E26654.jpeg

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

He's got a real following now, and is playing the trump game very, very well. There was an outstanding piece by a sky news reporter (don't know his name) from a farage rally that showed just how trump-like he is at the moment.

They're turning on the mainstream media and shouting about fake news and the like.

If brexit is not delivered then I think that c**t could possibly end up being pm (as insane as that sounds).

Farage had resigned as Leader but was still in UKIP.  He resigned from UKIP at the end of last year.

There is no chance that Farage could up at PM. The Brexit Party and the Lib Dems could win some key seats.

With the Tories in meltdown, I'm expecting a coalition of Labour and Lib Dems to form the next Government.

Farage had resigned as Leader but was still in UKIP.  He resigned from UKIP at the end of last year.
There is no chance that Farage could up at PM. The Brexit Party and the Lib Dems could win some key seats.
With the Tories in meltdown, I'm expecting a coalition of Labour and Lib Dems to form the next Government.
Nightmare scenario for Scottish Independence

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Nigel was leader for different spells, but he was UKIP leader all the way through from 2010 to 2016, so he was in charge of both 2014 and 2015 elections.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Nightmare scenario for Scottish Independence

A bigger nightmare for independence would be for the Tories to get a withdrawal agreement through Parliament.

Independence would mean that Scotland would  have to negotiate two agreements, one with the UK and another with the EU. 

Would Scotland have the opportunity for to have a confirmatory referendum on the UK withdrawal agreement?

A bigger nightmare for independence would be for the Tories to get a withdrawal agreement through Parliament.
Independence would mean that Scotland would  have to negotiate two agreements, one with the UK and another with the EU. 
Would Scotland have the opportunity for to have a confirmatory referendum on the UK withdrawal agreement?
Best thing is new referendum, remain wins. Tory government. ( With Boris). Perfect for independence.

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Best thing is new referendum, remain wins. Tory government. ( With Boris). Perfect for independence.

A highly unlikely scenario. If the Commons imposed a second referendum, a pro-Leave Tory PM (especially Boris) would resign or be forced out.

If Remain won a second referendum, it would be much harder for the SNP to argue for IndyRef2. Independence would require Scotland to leave the EU and then re-apply for membership as a new applicant. The process could take years, especially if Scotland does not have its own currency.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Independence would require Scotland to leave the EU and then re-apply for membership as a new applicant. The process could take years, especially if Scotland does not have its own currency.

This was exposed as guff 5 years ago. Why are you still peddling it?