English Premier League 2019-20

That's completely irrelevant, even under the new laws.

I'm not watching the game, incidentally, so I'm not passing judgement on this incident, just on the laws in general.
If the guy's arm is out and stopping the ball from being played through to the opposition how can it not be relevant?

Just now, craigkillie said:
1 minute ago, Jim McLean said:
Sky still not showing a replay of the offside. I want to see the lines.

They're waiting for the VAR folk to draw the appropriate ones.

It took 3+ minutes to get the lines in the right place to rule out the Sheffield Utd goal yesterday.

My opinion is that tight offside decisions should go with the call at the time. None of this line drawing bullshit.

Same for the handballs. If the ref gives that one against Liverpool then they are unlucky because it is a judgment call. It wasn't like the Dele one last weekend that VAR still managed to f**k up.

If the guy's arm is out and stopping the ball from being played through to the opposition how can it not be relevant?
Where the ball is going after the handball is not relevant to whether it is a foul. The only question is whether it is deliberate.

Because it has not effect on the hand ball/non hand ball. Either he hand balls it or he doesn’t, whether the opposition player was getting to the ball is neither here nor there.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Where the ball is going after the handball is not relevant to whether it is a foul. The only question is whether it is deliberate.

I didnt think it needed to be deliberate anymore? Or is that just for reviewing a scored goal?

Is that genuinely the reason? Anyone have a link to these new rules?

Don’t have a word for word on the laws but it’s something along the lines of any contact with the attacking players hand or arm, accidental or not, cannot lead directly to a goal.

That’s why it won’t have been given, but as usual the pundits are so far removed from the actual rules that they’ll blame VAR.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You should NEVER shit a tackle. He’s only injured when Scotland need him.

If I was on Andy Robertson's wage I'd hurdle a 5050 knowing I'm on an appearance bonus & first team regular.

6 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

The ball hitting Bernardo Silvas hand means the handball by Trent can’t be given as a pen.

The ball hitting Silva was kicked at him from very close range, it was even less of a handball than TAA's but doesn't negate giving a penalty against TAA. Only if it had dropped to Aguero who then scored would it be a disallowed goal.

https://streamable.com/1005c

Edited by Ginaro