English Premier League 2019-20

11 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

What kind of money do you expect clubs to spend this summer? I keep seeing Sancho is coming back for over £100M. No fucking chance surely?

For what it's worth, I can't seeing Liverpool spending too much, unless they sell. I expect most clubs will be in the same position, depending on what happens with Manchester City's appeal this week.

The same as they usually would. Matchday income is nowhere near the biggest earner for those clubs, so they won't see huge changes to income.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The same as they usually would. Matchday income is nowhere near the biggest earner for those clubs, so they won't see huge changes to income.

Pretty much this. They'll do the exact same sums but will just structure the payments slightly differently. 

On 11/06/2020 at 14:23, RandomGuy. said:

One wonders why a young, black, footballer has been punished as such, while Jack Grealish gets pished, and crashes his car while driving it drunk, at a party breaching coronavirus lockdown rules, and gets no punishment at all.

What, is, with, all, the, unnecessary commas, M, 8, ?, ,  

29 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

What, is, with, all, the, unnecessary commas, M, 8, ?, ,  

I was wondering why he's slating Grealish for drink driving but was championing Fran Sandaza for doing it the other day. 

On 12/06/2020 at 20:28, Mr. Alli said:

I was wondering why he's slating Grealish for drink driving but was championing Fran Sandaza for doing it the other day. 

I never "championed" Sandaza for drink driving.

I said he only joined Rangers due to a fine he got for drink driving. He then earned enough money off them to help make that go away, got himself sacked with a pay off, and returned to Spanish football, which had been his plan all along when he rejected our contract extension. 

I've booked it off. It's been so long since I've been able to watch the footy with a cold Carling that I felt I had to use up the rest of my holidays and truly indulge.

The morale boost that will be felt by the global community cannot be overstated. I'm struggling to think of a single event in recent history that has been able to unite so many people from across the globe. 

The return of the Barclays is the return of life itself. 

I've booked it off. It's been so long since I've been able to watch the footy with a cold Carling that I felt I had to use up the rest of my holidays and truly indulge.
The morale boost that will be felt by the global community cannot be overstated. I'm struggling to think of a single event in recent history that has been able to unite so many people from across the globe. 
The return of the Barclays is the return of life itself. 
Well, so long as Villa win it is

I missed football at the start of this. I have pretty well replaced it/forgot about it now, and only attendance at a Falkirk game or maybe Scottish football on tv will bring it back properly. I might watch some EPL, but I expect to miss much more than I see

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

The day I give up on the Barclays is the day I give up on life. 

The Barclays... 🤮

Just call it the "premiership"... Although I'm personally not particularly excited about this, I prefer lower leagues myself.