Summer Transfer Window 19-20

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So Tyrone Mings is a 20M player but Kieran Tierney isn't?  English Football is weird

Tyrone Mings just played a massive part in Villa getting out of the Championship and Villa value him at £20m and are willing to spend that. 

Nobody thinks Tierney is worth £20m and therefor won't spend that. 

Whats really that difficult to understand? 

34 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So Tyrone Mings is a 20M player but Kieran Tierney isn't?  English Football is weird

Tierney is clearly a better player than Mings and a better all-rounder than AWB, but anyone who’s English and half decent will always go for more. See -Maguire going for £80-90m. There’s no point in looking at the fees English players go for and making comparisons, it’s basically a separate sport.

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Tierney is playing in a league that is below English Championship standard. 

What's really weird is that many Scottish fans, especially those who support the Ugly Sisters, still don't recognise that reality.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Jury is still out on that one IMO. Hasn’t played for ages, was pretty honking last season beforehand, has bad attitude problems (thinks he’s a lot better than he is) and is slightly overrated anyway. On a free you can’t complain though, but it’s unsurprising the likes of Real and Barca weren’t interested in the end.

Yup i agree his attitude is a tad questionable but he's had a bit of a rough time especially with france but i think he'll do great at juve. I thought he may of ended back at city to be honest.

Tierney is playing in a league that is below English Championship standard. 
What's really weird is that many Scottish fans, especially those who support the Ugly Sisters, still don't recognise that reality.
Agreed but i also said that when VVD webt to Southampton...... not comparing the players but agree with what you are saying.

Some of them still think he's a betyer player than Robertson.

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Home grown quota rules means theres a premium on English players. 

Its that simple really.

On 06/07/2019 at 14:08, TheGoon said:

The Spurs backup striker problem is an interesting one. Realistically, who could they get that a) is decent b) is fine going in there knowing they won’t be first choice.

Welbeck?  He certainly has a lot of recent experience on the bench.  His Arsenal history may be a sticking point but he would probably be an upgrade on Llorente.

Elsewhere Marko Arnautovic is off to China, how long does he last before he wants to come back to Europe?  My money is on a year max

Welbeck?  He certainly has a lot of recent experience on the bench.  His Arsenal history may be a sticking point but he would probably be an upgrade on Llorente.

Elsewhere Marko Arnautovic is off to China, how long does he last before he wants to come back to Europe?  My money is on a year max

I’m having llorente over wellbeck all day. Sturridge would be a better choice of out of contract english striker. Does Javier Hernandez have a club?

Edit- yeah hernandez still at West Ham

i'm not convinced Spurs will go for an out and out striker to back up Kane. Given that they appear to be going heavy on midfield i'd assume they'll use Son and Moura as Kane back ups if he gets injured, even Ali could fill in. They could really do with some full backs though, maybe they could nick Tierney from under Arsenals noses...

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Am I right in saying he did not play 1 league game for Arsenal mate ??

That is quite true, his 2 competitive appearances for Arsenal were in the Europa League.  He has represented Scotland at a variety of youth levels though, maybe he will get some more competitive game time with Norwich

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

That is quite true, his 2 competitive appearances for Arsenal were in the Europa League.  He has represented Scotland at a variety of youth levels though, maybe he will get some more competitive game time with Norwich

Hope so. Be interested to see what type of quality he has.

If we can get more and more of our young players playing in better leagues than Scotland then that’s great.

Hopefully we see the benefits of ambitious guys like Fraser, Robertson, McLean and McGinn rather than be stuck with guys that fester up here in a one team league.

Guest Moomintroll

Some Killie fans on Kickback are seriously debating whether or not Moise Kean is heading to us on loan, yes that Moise Kean. I genuinely despair.