Summer Transfer Window 19-20

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Do Chelsea really need Kovacic? 

Loftus-Cheek impressed, better than Barkley, when he got his chance.

Mount did well at Derby under Lampard last season.

It disgusts me you're mentioning Loftus-Cheek and Barkley in the same sentence as Kovacic. Hes a far better player than either, and I feel like he just wasnt suited to how Sarri sets his midfield up.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Marcus Rashford signs new £300,000-a-week deal to stay at Manchester United
Crazy

Nuts, in three years, when hes still not turned into this world class centre forward they've always deluded themselves he'll be, theyll regret that.

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Southampton have completed the permanent signing of striker Danny Ings from Liverpool after his loan spell at St Mary's last season

IIRC Southampton had an obligation to buy Ings as part of the original deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints signed Sturridge too. They're as tight as Mike Ashley.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Marcus Rashford signs new £300,000-a-week deal to stay at Manchester United
Crazy

£200,000 basic plus bonuses seems to be the generally accepted figure.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It disgusts me you're mentioning Loftus-Cheek and Barkley in the same sentence as Kovacic. Hes a far better player than either, and I feel like he just wasnt suited to how Sarri sets his midfield up.

There are plenty of players who have not played so well at their new clubs. A top player who is paid over £100k a week should be able to adapt to formations.

Sarri saw Kovacic and Barkley as inter-changeable. We'll see how Kovacic performs under Lampard.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

£200,000 basic plus bonuses seems to be the generally accepted figure.

Still not great. Same wage as Harry Kane, and the same wage Hazard was on at Chelsea.

Man U get a lot of praise for the amount of money they bring in, but they don't half waste it the other way. Rashford is a decent player and they had to keep him but that wage is a by product of their numerous other shambolic dealings.

11 hours ago, David W said:

Man U get a lot of praise for the amount of money they bring in, but they don't half waste it the other way. Rashford is a decent player and they had to keep him but that wage is a by product of their numerous other shambolic dealings.

I think that’s where part of their problem comes from the fact they’ve got the big money they generate to burn in the first place. Lack of nous in the transfer market and wage structure is failing them badly though. 

5 hours ago, virginton said:

Slabface Maguire apparently being valued at over £70 million by Leicester is 'the game's gone' moment for me this summer.

Absolutely, although I’d like to nominate for second place Crystal Palace expecting £80 million for Zaha and apparently being “incensed” at a £40 million offer.

English football is fucking mental.

Fair play to Leicester for at least  trying to get 70M for Maguire, they know full well that the Manchester teams have been pending stupid money lately so might as well see if you can sucker them into sending some of that cash to your club. 

16 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Newcastle have this evening agreed a £30m fee with Leicester for the sale of Ayoze Perez

The player needs to have a medical and agree personal terms.

Ashley gets as much money as he can before he fucks off ?

Ashley's could be raising money to buy another failing High Street retailer.

Or replacing the massive sum that he lost when the Debenhams board screwed him.

The Toon Army will be seething again.

On 02/07/2019 at 13:00, senorsoupe said:

So Tottenham's first signing in 18 months is a guy they sent back on loan for the year

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48838581

Ndombele signs for Spurs from Lille for £53.8 million in a deal that could rise to £62.8 million - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48841318.

Seems grossly over-priced for a player with only 6 caps but it's a crazy market atm.